Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2020 3:57:01 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Ive dabbled in NFA for a short while now, suppressors, SBR, but not yet machine guns. Just bought a Powder Springs M10 the other day and will be sending out paperwork here shortly.

It has an A2 M16 stock fitted, some janky charging handle thing and, believe it or not, it had an airsoft/BB gun sight on it that wasnt even tight and would rabble about when shaking the gun like a bobble head. Came with the original charging knob, OE wire stock, spare extractor kit, "enhanced" mag catch kit, few other random bits I have not identified yet and 37 mags. Should be good on mags for a few minutes. One of them is almost 2 feet long. I suspect itll be good for laughs and thats about it. I think I got a decent deal anyways and the approximately $1100 in mags helps! That airsoft sight will be shot with the mac when the stamp comes back.

Id love to use it as a FCG and run it in multiple calibers. Ive heard Lage is working on an upper that uses AR mags, the Tekno was delayed and the UltiMac is a WIP. Id love to run 9mm, 7.62x25 (got an AR in that so anything compatible with AR mags and barrels would be money). If it uses AR mags and barrels Im down as that will cover tok, 223, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, etc.

What all do you guys recommend for upper, parts to keep on hand, etc? Words of wisdom to a new MG owner?

I know, the wait is gonna suck. Been there before.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my MAC 10!  I’d buy a Lage upper of any flavor... and wait for Lage 10/15 or Tenko to come to market if/when they get approval.

I have a Lage 10/31 upper and am on wait lists for the 10/15 & and Tenko.

Congratulations!!!

All the Lage parts are great!  Everything Lage is great!!! I’d have extra buffers around.  

Buy ammo then buy more ammo. Then get a Dillon and start reloading.

The OEM 45 upper is a ton of fun too!
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
10/31 and either the Lage MAX-10/15 or the Tenko adaptor (I'm on the list for both) would be my big pics. The most fun I've ever had with an MG is running mags of 22 like a buzzsaw, so whichever AR upper or adaptor gets me to running a 22 kit with reliable mags is my #1 recommendation.

The 10/31 is long especially with a can on it, but slowing down the ROF makes it controllable. The 10/9 MK2 is nice if you want a PDW-size that shoots 9 as well.

Tenko is in the works waiting on a determination letter to sell, but they've got videos showing their adapter running with .22 drop in kits, CMMG radial-delay kits, various caliber uppers up to and including the Shrike belt-fed upper. IMO they're the better buy than the Lage if you already have an AR and only have one MG. The Lage upper IMO looks like it's about like firing a AC556, but AFAIK you can't run .22 through it and barrel changes are a chore, as opposed to swapping an upper like an AR.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love my MAC 10!  I’d buy a Lage upper of any flavor... and wait for Lage 10/16 or Tenko to come to market if/when they get approval.

I have a Lage 10/31 upper and am on wait lists for the 10/16 & and Tenko.

Congratulations!!!

All the Lage parts are great!  Everything Lage is great!!! I’d have extra buffers around.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Love my MAC 10!  I’d buy a Lage upper of any flavor... and wait for Lage 10/16 or Tenko to come to market if/when they get approval.

I have a Lage 10/31 upper and am on wait lists for the 10/16 & and Tenko.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks! Writing that check was hard! Just need to get the responsible persons form and prints from my dad (trust) and I can send everything in. Good thing Ill see him in a couple weeks.

I was on the lage list for their 9mm upper but I had to pass as I hadnt even bought the gun yet when my number came up.

Wish I was able to find more info on the Tekno. Any input on the UltiMac? It looks awesome being all you need is an upper and BCG then swap around barrels and magwells.

Dont worry, already got a Dillon. Been churning out 9mm and 7.62x25 lately. Working on 5.45x39 loads at the moment.  

Quoted:
10/31 and either the Lage MAX-10/15 or the Tenko adaptor (I'm on the list for both) would be my big pics. The most fun I've ever had with an MG is running mags of 22 like a buzzsaw, so whichever AR upper or adaptor gets me to running a 22 kit with reliable mags is my #1 recommendation.

The 10/31 is long especially with a can on it, but slowing down the ROF makes it controllable. The 10/9 MK2 is nice if you want a PDW-size that shoots 9 as well.

Tenko is in the works waiting on a determination letter to sell, but they've got videos showing their adapter running with .22 drop in kits, CMMG radial-delay kits, various caliber uppers up to and including the Shrike belt-fed upper. IMO they're the better buy than the Lage if you already have an AR and only have one MG. The Lage upper IMO looks like it's about like firing a AC556, but AFAIK you can't run .22 through it and barrel changes are a chore, as opposed to swapping an upper like an AR.

What is the price point of the Tekno? It is it a literal adapter to slap on an AR upper like it sounds? If so, thats awesome! Never even thought about 22LR kit! I love running my CMMG drop in kit with a binary trigger.

Any knowledge on the UltiMac upper? Sounds like magwells and barrels are easy to change on it.

Speaking of a can, any decent adapters from the pipe thread on the mac to maybe a 5/8-24 or .578-28 or similar? Id love to stuff my can on it but if I go Tekno or similar I will probably just go KyMo on those.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m on the Ultimak waitlist too.

@canon3825 is the Tenko. I’m sure he will be here to answer all your questions about that.

I use my Sionics 2 stage can on my OEM threads and  3 lug on the Lage upper with a modern can.

I’d suggest getting on all the waitlists and then pretend you’ll never see them. Buy it when you can in the NFA game.  Buy a Lage upper that’s not waiting on approval while you wait on the stamp.

The Tenko and Lage 10-15 are both waiting on ATF approval letters, while the Ultimak is supposedly going to be sold with a liability waiver. If or when any of that ever happens.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed the Ultimac guy today with some questions. I assume Ill hear from him on a couple days.

Hopefully I can afford to spread out my purchases over the next millennia while waiting for the ATF.  

Im not versed on the differences in the units.

This is what I understand, correct me if Im wrong;

Lage: High quality. Their AR upper is expensive, $3k, and difficult to do barrel and caliber changes. Good CS.

Tekno: No idea. Very limited info on their website. The video is from the back of some dude shooting something FA but it doesnt show what. Sounds like, from an earlier post, its an adapter to use a normal AR upper on the Mac.

Ultimac: Small team (maybe one dude) developing this. Will be made to order. Easy to change barrels and magwells for different calibers and magazines including PPSh, Suomi (just use PPSh drums loaded with 9 and a 9mm barrel instead), AK mags, AR mags, scorpion, glock...

Sorry for all the dumb questions.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Love the airsoft sight.

FWIW a lot of sellers will strip the gun down of valuable accessories and toss on random junk from the parts bin before selling or go online and buy a $10 sight just so it looks fully functional for photos.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love the airsoft sight.

FWIW a lot of sellers will strip the gun down of valuable accessories and toss on random junk from the parts bin before selling or go online and buy a $10 sight just so it looks fully functional for photos.
View Quote

The gun had been sitting in my LGS for almost a year by now. That's how long I've been considering it. Could have had my stamp by now!!!

The original owner died a while back and his widow sent it to the shop to sell along with an Uzi (lasted about 6 hours in the shop) and an M16 (PAWS for $16k) which sold last week.

The airsoft sight was just sad. Wasn't even mounted tight. Literally flopped around like a bobblehead. Horrible. The other accessories still mounted, charging handle, rail, slowfire kit, A2 stock, etc. The box of parts so far has been a good mine with the mags and other small bits.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
A&S Conversions is making the Tenko, and waiting on a determination letter at the moment for the metal version. The thread here has more videos: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/M10-Adapter-for-AR-uppers-has-arrived-/22-494673/ and a link to the UziTalk thread where A&S posts most often about it. It is a middle adptor that attaches to the M10 lower and then allows an AR15 uupper to be attached above it. Several people have drawn comparisons to a Daewoo K2 for ergos, I think with a 16" upper you come out about the same size as a AC556.

At $2995 it's generated a lot of complaints that with the Lage you get an upper, which is true. However the big draw for me over the Lage is that with this I can use the uppers I already have, or new uppers including the belt-fed Shrike system with one adaptor. I could run a 5" barreled CMMG RDB upper, 7.62x39, standard 5.56, switch to .300BO and see how quietly I can dump a magazine, swap to a Macon DI .45ACP upper, plop it on bipods with a drum mag or belt fed upper, pop a Ciener-type .22 conversion in it, and then put back on whatever MAC upper I want. I'm into my RPB M10 for $6700 (stamp included, Lage stock and extra upper, mags notwithstanding) which I think puts me middle of the pack for pricing. $3000 for an adaptor that uses AR upper and mags I already own means I get much of the same capability as if I'd bought a lightning link or registered receiver and gotten a M10 with it. If I could have bought a registered receiver for $12k that might be the better deal, but as is I already have the M10 and this gets to me more capability without spending an additional $12k on a AC556 or $18k on a converted AR15.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Come on over to uzi talk . Com

In the Mac 10 forums

Watch Norse-forge.com as they will have an ACR stock adapter for sale again, one of these days...
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A&S Conversions is making the Tenko, and waiting on a determination letter at the moment for the metal version. The thread here has more videos: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/M10-Adapter-for-AR-uppers-has-arrived-/22-494673/ and a link to the UziTalk thread where A&S posts most often about it. It is a middle adptor that attaches to the M10 lower and then allows an AR15 uupper to be attached above it. Several people have drawn comparisons to a Daewoo K2 for ergos, I think with a 16" upper you come out about the same size as a AC556.

At $2995 it's generated a lot of complaints that with the Lage you get an upper, which is true. However the big draw for me over the Lage is that with this I can use the uppers I already have, or new uppers including the belt-fed Shrike system with one adaptor. I could run a 5" barreled CMMG RDB upper, 7.62x39, standard 5.56, switch to .300BO and see how quietly I can dump a magazine, swap to a Macon DI .45ACP upper, plop it on bipods with a drum mag or belt fed upper, pop a Ciener-type .22 conversion in it, and then put back on whatever MAC upper I want. I'm into my RPB M10 for $6700 (stamp included, Lage stock and extra upper, mags notwithstanding) which I think puts me middle of the pack for pricing. $3000 for an adaptor that uses AR upper and mags I already own means I get much of the same capability as if I'd bought a lightning link or registered receiver and gotten a M10 with it. If I could have bought a registered receiver for $12k that might be the better deal, but as is I already have the M10 and this gets to me more capability without spending an additional $12k on a AC556 or $18k on a converted AR15.
View Quote

I found a couple pics of the Tekno. Looks pretty funky. Looks like it needs a wonky stock adapter to be comfortable to use. I was told $3K is the price they are shooting for by a lady at Practical Solutions.

Is the Lage like the Tekno but more "normal"? Swap around AR uppers at will? That would be perfect! Then I could run 22lr, 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x25, 9mm, etc! IM down for that! Itll have to be a "buy once, cry once" type purchase as the $3k tag Ive come across is almost half what I paid for my Powder Springs including slowfire kit, mags, etc.  Im glad I got on that waiting list! #244! As of 12/10/2019 they said still waiting on the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#11]
The Tenko 10-16 is an adapter. It is not a made from scratch firearm. Does it look funky? I think so. Will a Tenko adapted Mac style RR be as ergonomic as a M16? No. To me this is about price versus function. Before I bought my first machinegun, I was into ARs. I like the idea of quickly changing calibers or just putting on a fresh barrel instead of pounding mag after mag through a hot barrel. With the Tenko adapter a Mac style RR has the basic function of a M16 RR. Market value of a M16 RR conversion is in the upper teens. An M10 is in the $6,000 to $7,000 range. Certainly if you can afford a M16 RR, that is the way to go. If a buyer can come up with only half the market value of the M16, but wants to charge barrels or calibers with AR uppers, then I think that the Tenko adapter is a viable alternative.

The basic Tenko adapter kit includes the adapter, to convert a M10 RR to function with standard AR-15/M16 upper receivers with a full auto profile carrier. The kit also includes a 2H buffer and spring system from an off the shelf AR PDW buffering system. This system has 1,H, 2H, 3H, PWS piston system, and heavy tungsten pistol caliber buffers available. There are also another system that will work but is more expensive.

The kit also includes a stock adapter compatible with the ACE/Lage stock system. The buffer bares on the inside of the back of the M10 receiver. No hole in the receiver is required for function. I don't know what kind of a stock each buyer would want. I can not afford to compete with Midway,  or Brownell's or PSA, etc.

The same can be said for uppers. So far we have shot, .22lr, 9mm in Colt style blowback, CMMG RDB, and belt fed, 5.56X45 both DI and short stroke piston, 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, and a belt fed Shrike upper. Basically any caliber that uses a standard AR magwell. There is also such a huge variation in price and quality. There is everything from a $250 PSA upper to a $3,500 HK 416 upper. There is no way I could even start to be able to stock what might be used. It is my understanding that Practical Solutions (our exclusive retailer) plan to have a complete package including upper and stock. Pricing will be up to them.

I am sure that the other manufacturers of the other products listed can speak to the finer points of their designs. My understanding is the Max-15 series, the UltiMac, and the Fat-47 are all open bolt upper receivers based on the AR-15/M16 mechanism. There are some breakdown AR rifle system kits that would allow barrel changes without a vice.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I found a couple pics of the Tekno. Looks pretty funky. Looks like it needs a wonky stock adapter to be comfortable to use. I was told $3K is the price they are shooting for by a lady at Practical Solutions.

Is the Lage like the Tekno but more "normal"? Swap around AR uppers at will? That would be perfect! Then I could run 22lr, 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x25, 9mm, etc! IM down for that! Itll have to be a "buy once, cry once" type purchase as the $3k tag Ive come across is almost half what I paid for my Powder Springs including slowfire kit, mags, etc.  Im glad I got on that waiting list! #244! As of 12/10/2019 they said still waiting on the ATF.
View Quote

The Lage is itself an upper for a MAC, so the $3k just gets you the Lage upper which has an AR magwell. You can rebarrel it but that's a job that requires a vice and tools, and the Lage is definitely not made for rapid reconfiguration. The Tenko is an adaptor that gives you the ability to put any AR15 upper on and use an AR mag well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm really liking what I hear about the Tekno! Glad I made it on the list!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top