Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2022 10:04:05 AM EDT
I took a new mcx out the other day and noticed that the magazines lock in very weak. The magazine release barely moves out when inserting a magazine and while it locks in it doesnt have a super positive click. Is that normal for the mcx since it has a different bolt design? If its a non issue then I dont care but it made me wonder if I have to worry about magazines falling out in the future. All the mags lock in, there's just no positive click. As for hitting the mag release to drop them I dont have to push it in very far.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
See if the threaded portion of the mag release is close to flush/is flush with the mag release button.  If it's not, push the mag release button in with a pencil/dowel/punch, and see if you can get another rotation of the mag release.  That should tighten it up.  You may have to fiddle with/remove the bolt release to do this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top