Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2020 12:39:43 PM EDT
Howdy!

Anyone have experience with MCX legacy barrels? For some reason this collar device is stuck, heat and boiled water wont work. Hoping someone might know whats going on. Is there a chance this doesnt come off?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
When was the gun made?
and Why do you want it off?

From my experience (Rattler conversion kit) the collar is a separate piece and should come off.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a legacy so im guessing 2016 but I bought this barrel used . I am installing taper MD on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Tape up barrel, toss in freezer for 30 mins, bring out, whack collar with hammer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Tape up barrel, toss in freezer for 30 mins, bring out, whack collar with hammer.
View Quote

Following up for anyone who might google this in the future. This worked!

-Put in freezer overnight
-Pulled it out
-Loosen muzzle device to give some room for the taper mount to clear
-Barrel pointed down on concrete wedged up against and shop vac for some tension
-Magnetic flathead screwdriver right at the taper
-Few light wacks and it was off
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top