Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2020 1:46:14 AM EDT
Picked up my Virtus today and spent the afternoon getting stuff mounted and changed around from the other rifle..  Change the grip, mounted my suppressor , optics and light..  

But  I am not digging the charging handle..  I am used to using bigger ones like a gas buster on my ARs    I guess my only options are Geissele or Radian or Next level?  I am looking for a larger gripping surface  and suppressor performance .   The way I grip the gun choked up on it Ambi saftys get tend to get in my way..  I like the nice snappy feel of the stock one but do they just take standard AR selectors .   AS for the trigger I have a Geissele or LaRue in every rifle I own.  But the stock Sig one is pretty good.. I put some of the grease that comes with Geissele triggers on the contact points and it helped it out a good bit but i only have 60 rounds throe it so far so it will slick up some...  

Any other upgrades you suggest ?

Sorry if this has been covered before but i have not read the whole 24 page  Virtus thread lol
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like SIG also offers an extended latch charging handle (actually two: a medium and a large). Here is the large:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-charging-handle-assy-ambi-large-latches.html
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like SIG also offers an extended latch charging handle (actually two: a medium and a large). Here is the large:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-charging-handle-assy-ambi-large-latches.html
View Quote

How did I not see that? Lol  but for 100 bucks I may get a radian or Geissele  .  Anyone have experience with those in the mcx platform ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Virtus one a little better for suppressed use. The right side latch covers the gap in the receiver where some gas comes back.

Unsuppressed, the Radian is very nice. I also use their 45deg Talon selectors on just about everything.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Soon to be owner here. This thread is of interest to me.

I've seen some recommendations of changing to a roller cam pin. Is it beneficial?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Soon to be owner here. This thread is of interest to me.

I've seen some recommendations of changing to a roller cam pin. Is it beneficial?
View Quote

I tried the roller cam pin, and I tell you...I will be leaving that little thing on there.   One of the best upgrades you can do for these guns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Good thread OP. I am also planning to be an owner soon. Have one on backorder, just waiting for Sig to get inventory out to Distributors and dealers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I tried the roller cam pin, and I tell you...I will be leaving that little thing on there.   One of the best upgrades you can do for these guns.
View Quote
Mine are on backorder. I'm looking forward to trying them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
This man speaks the truth.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#10]
When Augee speaks, I listen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Went out and zeroed and ran some drills with the new Virtus today..  300 ish rounds all of which suppressed with my Q trash panda.    I ordered a Radian Charging handle and non ambi selector tonight..  the stock one is just to small for me to grab with it close to my aimpoint 3x mount.. and the ambi safeties always get in my way the way I grip the rifle..  I just have to have all my guns set up the same lol  

As for the trigger...  It will get replaced with a Geissele at some point in time...   I just have Geissele or LaRue in all my guns... and the factory one is better than any other factory one I have ever had. It is still not the " old faithful "  trigger that I  have grown accustomed too..  back to me just having to have all my guns set up the same lol   I am sure I could get used to it with time...  but with shooting 8 different ARs having one not being like the other 7 is kind of a bad idea..
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a fan of the stock ambi selector. Swapped it for an OG M4 selector, debating on looking around for something fancy later on... The trigger’s alright, not a Geissele, but I don’t see the point in blowing $300 on a trigger in a non-precision rifle.

Tried out the Rattler grip, it works pretty good with a short, rinkidink stock and the old school “tactical groucho” stance. Damn thing is tiny, though, even for my small mitts.

Really like the Gen 1 MCX lower’s adjustable fit to the upper, it’s a neat feature.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#13]
For anyone not happy with factory charging handle, Lanbo's Armory has a bunch of Raptor charging handles in stock.

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=114&products_id=53203

I also spoke with Parker Mountain Machine and they are developing a new hinge, their own version of the "Kate Moss" stock since SIG no longer prodcues it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Radian will give you a 15% discount for veterans if you send in a coppy of your VA ID or dd-214

Mine should be here tomorrow..   will report back

Which stock was the "Kate Moss " I am a little late to the mcx party.   The skeleton one they first shipped with ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Radian will give you a 15% discount for veterans if you send in a coppy of your VA ID or dd-214

Which stock was the "Kate Moss " I am a little late to the mcx party.   The skeleton one they first shipped with ?
View Quote

I believe the stock is officially the “Thin X Folder” (part STOCK-X-FOLD-THIN). I backordered one from Proven Arms and Outfitters for about $140 (took about a month to get) but they don’t seem to be showing it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I've heard that the Radian charging handle for the MCX can have issues popping open during firing because it's only designed with a latch on one side instead of the dual latches on the SIG charging handles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The thin foldong stock... but with the raised cheek area.

SIG's current version is flat across the top.

Discontinued "Kate Moss"

The cloest version SIG carries currently "Minimalist plus"
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Something to note on the skeleton stocks; not entirely sure why people love the Kate Moss so much, it's the same length as the folding/adjustable, but the cheek weld is... Brisk in cold weather, unless you add something to keep the metal off your face. I wrapped mine in athletic tape, works well enough.

But the QD swivel in it is just aluminum, meaning it will eventually wear out, possibly at an inopportune moment. Think the minimalist is a decent upgrade if the LOP works for you, though I don't know if Sig fucked up the QD in that like they did the folding/adjustable... It's not rotation limited.

ETA: The minimalist looks like it's got a limited QD, though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Yea every time I look at  the "Kate Moss " stock it makes my cheek hurt just thinking of firing it lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I did quite a bit to mine, I really like the Next Level Armament Charging handle and lifter block. Also swapped the grip and added a radian safety. Have a Protac HL on it and Eotech as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#22]
why did they discontinue the kate moss stock?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Something to note on the skeleton stocks; not entirely sure why people love the Kate Moss so much, it's the same length as the folding/adjustable, but the cheek weld is... Brisk in cold weather, unless you add something to keep the metal off your face. I wrapped mine in athletic tape, works well enough.

But the QD swivel in it is just aluminum, meaning it will eventually wear out, possibly at an inopportune moment. Think the minimalist is a decent upgrade if the LOP works for you, though I don't know if Sig fucked up the QD in that like they did the folding/adjustable... It's not rotation limited.

View Quote

Quoted:

The raised portion produces a nicer cheek weld than the Minimalists, IMHO, though yeah... any metal folding stock is going to be less than soothing when it's cold out.

That being said, as you mentioned, you could always put a little something on it to make it a little less objectionable.

Honestly, though, and this is personal and subjective, but I think most people just think the Kate Moss looks cooler.

~Augee
View Quote

The "Kate Moss" does looks better IMHO, but I'm not a fan of any stock that has a fixed LOP (except on really short PDW style guns, where the LOP is already very short).

My favorite SIG stock is the folding adjustable.  I run it all the way out when in a t-shirt/jacket, but click it in 1-2 if wearing a plate carrier.

LAG MFG, has some interesting stock choices, and PMM is suppose to be coming out with a new hinge that allows right or left folding, if I recall correctly. If they can make it work with not interfering with the forward assist, I would actually prefer a right side folder. Having light, laser, and stock on the right side would make bag carry a little easier. It would also make it easier for a right handed shooter to deploy the stock when the MCX is slung tight against the body.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#24]
If you can hold out on a trigger, I would wait and see what TriggerTech brings to the table with their MCX specific trigger coming soon. I did not like the longer reset of the Geiselle for a home defense/duty trigger.  You have the option of a traditional curved or a flat trigger with adjustable pull weights.  I have the AR Adaptable in another build and it's impressive.

TiggerTech MCX Trigger
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll never understand this, ever.  The Kate Moss and Minimalist have rotation limited swivels, why not the folding/adjustable.

I hate non-limited swivels so much, I cobbled up my stock with IWC swivels.  This was my first attempt at using their swivels, and it's hard to judge exactly where to drill, since the space inside is pretty small.  One of these days I'll pick up another stock and make it pretty, but this works for now.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll never understand this, ever.  The Kate Moss and Minimalist have rotation limited swivels, why not the folding/adjustable.

I hate non-limited swivels so much, I cobbled up my stock with IWC swivels.  This was my first attempt at using their swivels, and it's hard to judge exactly where to drill, since the space inside is pretty small.  One of these days I'll pick up another stock and make it pretty, but this works for now.

https://i.imgur.com/tbV8gG1.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/tbV8gG1.jpg

i'd like to have magpul answer that question too. they would have sold alot more stocks to me if they only had anti rotation QD's.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I run a Virtus for my patrol rifle.  The only changes made are the Geissele SSA trigger and BAD selector.  I run the short throw selector.  I don't like standard length paddles on the left side (I'm left handed) where my trigger finger makes contact.  i put a shorter paddle there.

I have no problems with gas from the charging handle area and find the stock unit to be comfortable to operate so I am not planning to change it.  I am running a Dead Air Sandman K under the Sig suppressor carbine handguards.  I do wish they were a little more narrow.  I would like to try the Midwest Industries suppressor handguard, but I believe it may extend beyond the suppressor.  Someday i may order one to try it and might cut it down if it can be.  

It's been a good gun for me.  I also have a MCX Legacy and Rattler.  

Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I run a Virtus for my patrol rifle.  The only changes made are the Geissele SSA trigger and BAD selector.  I run the short throw selector.  I don't like standard length paddles on the left side (I'm left handed) where my trigger finger makes contact.  i put a shorter paddle there.

I have no problems with gas from the charging handle area and find the stock unit to be comfortable to operate so I am not planning to change it.  I am running a Dead Air Sandman K under the Sig suppressor carbine handguards.  I do wish they were a little more narrow.  I would like to try the Midwest Industries suppressor handguard, but I believe it may extend beyond the suppressor.  Someday i may order one to try it and might cut it down if it can be.  

It's been a good gun for me.  I also have a MCX Legacy and Rattler.  

Mike
View Quote

What is your barrel length?

I just received my Midwest Industries 10" SD handguard.  It is replacing the 12" Sig SD handguard that came with my TACOPS.  I really like MI's thinner profile, The SIG does lock up a little nicer (less play, but I don't plan on using this rifle with a laser, and not worried about it), but the MI feels a lot better in my hands.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#30]
So I got a Geissele trigger for my Virtus.  Is the Midwest rail worth it ?  I would like something slimier and lighter..   but want to put a one of my IR lazers on it.. would still hold zero well ?   I wished Geissele would make a Virtus rail lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So I got a Geissele trigger for my Virtus.  Is the Midwest rail worth it ?  I would like something slimier and lighter..   but want to put a one of my IR lazers on it.. would still hold zero well ?   I wished Geissele would make a Virtus rail lol
View Quote

I can't comment on the IR zero... still waiting for my laser to ship.  I DO like the Midwest SD rail slimness over the SIG OEM rail that came on my TACOPS.  My copy of 1 Midwest Rail, does have a slight play in it when comparing it to the Sig rail.  How much will this effect a laser at 100 yards, I'm not sure yet.  I don't think it will be much... as long as it is within 1 MOA, I would be happy.

I'm not too worried about a significant laser shift since I don't see myself using a laser past 100 yards with night vision while in CONUS, will be using a civilian class 1 laser, and will be using a converging zero.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've heard that the Radian charging handle for the MCX can have issues popping open during firing because it's only designed with a latch on one side instead of the dual latches on the SIG charging handles.
View Quote

Had / used no less than 8 eith G or radain CH never an issue. Maybe gen 1 or something but its a non issue
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not a fan of the stock ambi selector. Swapped it for an OG M4 selector, debating on looking around for something fancy later on... The trigger’s alright, not a Geissele, but I don’t see the point in blowing $300 on a trigger in a non-precision rifle.

Tried out the Rattler grip, it works pretty good with a short, rinkidink stock and the old school “tactical groucho” stance. Damn thing is tiny, though, even for my small mitts.

Really like the Gen 1 MCX lower’s adjustable fit to the upper, it’s a neat feature.
View Quote

You can order a pin. The lower is threaded for it. They actually go in every lower i have...

https://www.armorydynamics.com/Armory-Dynamics-Stainless-Spring-Loaded-Receiver-Tension-Screw_p_30.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't get a G trigger. Trust me. Had it, they are the same trigger. Actually I prefer the sig. Less creep and cleaner wall. Anyone that tells you any different, doesn't have one, hasent tried one or can't tell a difference.

Triggertech(precision) or hiperfire (3 gun like) is the answer.

Hf isn't out yet I don't think.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#35]
as far as the roller cam, I've had 300 blk barrels that wouldn't cycle ammo, cycle ammo with one. So they do have some effect. I will always have one in any mcx
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Updates for this thread: Rattler in 300 BLK doesn't work with rapter charging handle because it hits you in the face. It does work with the 5.56 rattler version.  PMM has a stock, but it doesn't come with the 1913 adapter or hinge. Jmacs custom has a folding stock that works and has a hinge. Taccom has a little recoil buffer piece that tightens recoil impulse.

Midwest rails are one of the single greatest upgrades to this platform.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Q is putting out a m1913 adapter for "the Fix" stock that should fit well
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don't get a G trigger. Trust me. Had it, they are the same trigger. Actually I prefer the sig. Less creep and cleaner wall. Anyone that tells you any different, doesn't have one, hasent tried one or can't tell a difference.

Triggertech(precision) or hiperfire (3 gun like) is the answer.

Hf isn't out yet I don't think.
View Quote

I like the factory Sig Duo trigger. I have no complaints about it as it is getting broken in. I do wish it was flat face, but that is just personal preference.

Quoted:Taccom has a little recoil buffer piece that tightens recoil impulse.
View Quote

When you say it tightens recoil impulse, what do you mean by that?

Quoted:
Q is putting out a m1913 adapter for "the Fix" stock that should fit wellhttps://i.imgur.com/AntRqCa.jpg
View Quote

Anyone good at photoshop willing to mock how that would look?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Fix stock on my Virtus?  
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Q is putting out a m1913 adapter for "the Fix" stock that should fit wellhttps://i.imgur.com/AntRqCa.jpg
View Quote
That's hot. Sig is taking too long with the SPEAR and associated goodies.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm definitely an amateur at Photoshop and this is the best I could do.  I'm sure someone with more skills could do better.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm definitely an amateur at Photoshop and this is the best I could do.  I'm sure someone with more skills could do better.

View Quote

Nice work thanks, the fix stock is around 9.2" in length without extension, in comparison the OEM folding/collapsable is around 9" fully extended so the stock might be a bit out of scale but I like it, ill have one by the end of the week for an actual picture, not the adapter just the stock and I already have an FDE virtus.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir. I'm not going to lie, that looks quite nice. Might need to SBR my Virtus one day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Well well well...
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I’d buy that. Still have a Tango6 in the safe waiting for the Cross to come out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#47]
So @coregon is that a prototype or what? Looks different from the one on the Cross.

Is the buttpad fixed? It looks like I see screws in there.

And when can we expect it? Does it ship with the Spear?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG_7709_jpg-1484478.JPG

Nice, how do you like that setup?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a Midwest industries rail on the way...  hope it will slim up my handguard and maybe save a little weight..      Are there any other rail options out there ?   I even Emailed Geissele back in the spring to ask if they where working on one, they replied with  no..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top