Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2020 12:53:02 PM EDT
I took the MCX Tacops out for the first time today.   Put about 100 rounds of Sig 220 grain Subsonic ammo all suppressed.   The bolt locking back on the last round was hit or miss.  Sometimes it would do it, and sometimes it wouldn't.   Tried some Remington 220grain ammo and it did the same thing...hit or miss.   I tried both settings on the valve.  Left side down and it wouldn't even pick up the next round which is expected.   Right side down, it would cycle great just sporadic on bolt locking back.  It probably didn't lock back more than it did.

6.75" barrel running a Surefire SPS300 suppressor.  

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried different mags? Bolt catch moves freely?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tried different mags? Bolt catch moves freely?
View Quote

Bolt catch moves good.  I only had the 300 blackout magpul mags.  Didn’t think to bring others as I like the 300 blackout specific mags for the round.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't get Magpul mags to lock back for shit in my Virtus w 6.75" barrel. I've tried the 556 and 300 mags. The Lancer ones work everytime so all i use in the virtus now are Lancers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't get Magpul mags to lock back for shit in my Virtus w 6.75" barrel. I've tried the 556 and 300 mags. The Lancer ones work everytime so all i use in the virtus now are Lancers.
View Quote

Good to know.  

I had Lancer 300 mags for my 9" 300 BCM, and they were nothing but problems...FTF, double feeds...had to dispose of them.  Might have to give them another try.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good to know.  

I had Lancer 300 mags for my 9" 300 BCM, and they were nothing but problems...FTF, double feeds...had to dispose of them.  Might have to give them another try.
View Quote

I've run the 556 and 300blk Lancers in my VIRTUS and not had one issue with either. I'm not a Lancer fan, but I run them exclusively in my VIRTUS and trust them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the Lancers.  I love them more than PMags.  30s in the 5.56, 20s in .300blk.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a couple of Lancer 300 blackout mags.  I'll see how they do.  

Worked late last night, so I didn't get a chance to take anything apart to clean/inspect.    I have heard from several owners that these things need to break in good and Pmags were hit/miss.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I had some issues with my Virtus when running it in the .300BO | 6.75" barrel | suppressed / unsuppressed | Magpul .300BLK specific magazines --  configuration(s)...

Issues:
- Failure to eject
- Failure to lock the bolt back on an empty mag

What I did to fix:
- Installed the POF roller cam pin
- Installed a stout o-ring on my extractor

Now, I've had zero issues. I believe that this is due to the gun / barrel being broken in now and the installed upgrades. I shoot all different kinds of supers / subs and run it suppressed / unsuppressed.

Hope this helps someone out there!
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Where you running 20 or 30 rd mags? My rattler had issues with 30 rd mags loaded with subs. Supers where fine in a 30. 20 rounders ran like a champ with supers and subs
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the input you all.  The fact that it’s hit or miss and the info from you guys, tells me it’s more of a magazine issue rather than a gas system issue.  

I need to take it out again and run supers along with subs along with other mags.   Hate to waste ammo, but I am not sure I can wait until Nov. 3rd when this whole econopandemic crash ends.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
So I just cleaned up the whole gas system and barrel.  I noticed the piston was very very tight.  After cleaning , I went to install it back into the gas block and had to lightly tap it with a small hammer & dowell.  Might just be very tight due to being new, but my other piston guns are not like that.  Maybe it’s nothing....

I just need to take it out and shoot it more....sucks I got this gun just before the whole Chinese virus outbreak.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Bringing this back up with some updates.  So I pulled the gas system apart and cleaned everything thoroughly after my initial post about this issue.  The piston felt like it was restricted in the gas block and I actually had to tap it out lightly.  Once I cleaned everything, it all felt smoother.   I used both the POF roller cam pin and now I'm back to the original cam pin as I would like to stick with everything Sig.   All is well...bolt locks back every time on an empty mag.  No failures or feeding issues with both lancer 300 black and pmags 300 black.  

I have a feeling the issue was the piston needing proper cleaning/lube.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Bringing this back up with some updates.  So I pulled the gas system apart and cleaned everything thoroughly after my initial post about this issue.  The piston felt like it was restricted in the gas block and I actually had to tap it out lightly.  Once I cleaned everything, it all felt smoother.   I used both the POF roller cam pin and now I'm back to the original cam pin as I would like to stick with everything Sig.   All is well...bolt locks back every time on an empty mag.  No failures or feeding issues with both lancer 300 black and pmags 300 black.   

I have a feeling the issue was the piston needing proper cleaning/lube.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49913404887_06d54880ed_c.jpg
View Quote

Good deal!  I just picked up a TACOPS the other week and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  I will make sure to take everything apart and clean the gas system beforehand.  

Are you using the suppressed or unsuppressed setting?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By domestique1:

Good deal!  I just picked up a TACOPS the other week and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  I will make sure to take everything apart and clean the gas system beforehand.  

Are you using the suppressed or unsuppressed setting?
View Quote

Congrats on picking one up..they are hard to come by these days.

Yes, I'd highly recommend going through a thorough clean and oil once you get it...even though they appear to be soaked in oil all over the outside when you first get one.  

I use the + setting (right side down) with subs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top