Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2019 5:19:05 PM EDT
Link

Buy individual parts now!

Don't get too excited for lowers, though.  Even though it says "Call Customer Service", according to the guy I just spoke to, they're not selling them separately.

Sig....seriously...are you trying to do the opposite of a good idea?
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Link

Buy individual parts now!

Don't get too excited for lowers, though.  Even though it says "Call Customer Service", according to the guy I just spoke to, they're not selling them separately.

Sig....seriously...are you trying to do the opposite of a good idea?
View Quote
Being able to buy the lowers seperate would be amazing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Being able to buy the lowers seperate would be amazing.
View Quote
I realize that I could just slap their adapter onto an AR-15 lower, but what if I want to use the telestock?

And I couldn't use that sweet mag release, either.  It's great being able to buy spares, but I don't see the reason for not selling the lower.  It may even be compatible with the BRN-180 (not sure).
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not seeing the torx'd-on plate on the left side of the upper receiver; I don't know what it's called, but IIRC it's a contact point for the BCG and was designed as a separate part specifically so it could be replaced after so many thousands of rounds. Are these available anywhere as individual parts?
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
@coregon are they any parts that we should be picking up?

As far as which parts wear out faster. Kinda like having an extra BCG for an AR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As far as which parts wear out faster. Kinda like having an extra BCG for an AR.
View Quote
I always keep the following on hand:

Lower:
MCX LPK

BCG:
Recoil Spring and Rod
Spring Plate and Spring Guide Plate
Firing Pin and FP Spring
Complete Bolt
Extractor and Extractor Spring
Ejector and Ejector Spring

Barrel:
Piston

Upper:
Barrel Clamp

I also have a ton of small parts - pins, springs, etc.  Also, keep in mind, if you have multiple barrel lengths/calibers, you may want to think about multiple pistons, valve assemblies, etc
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not seeing the torx'd-on plate on the left side of the upper receiver; I don't know what it's called, but IIRC it's a contact point for the BCG and was designed as a separate part specifically so it could be replaced after so many thousands of rounds. Are these available anywhere as individual parts?
View Quote
Cam Pin Travel Path.  Good point, I hadn't caught that.  Ill inquire with e-comm to see why it was excluded.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lower:
MCX LPK

BCG:
Recoil Spring and Rod
Firing Pin and FP Spring
Complete Bolt

Barrel:
Piston

Upper:
Barrel Clamp

I also have a ton of small parts - pins, springs, etc.  Also, keep in mind, if you have multiple barrel lengths/calibers, you may want to think about multiple pistons, valve assemblies, etc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lower:
MCX LPK

BCG:
Recoil Spring and Rod
Firing Pin and FP Spring
Complete Bolt

Barrel:
Piston

Upper:
Barrel Clamp

Awesome. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Coregon,

Speaking of parts, do you happen to have list of a parts replacement schedule for the mcx/virtus that you can share?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Coregon,

Speaking of parts, do you happen to have list of a parts replacement schedule for the mcx/virtus that you can share?
View Quote
Yep, ill get one posted.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
MCX BCG Parts Replacement Diagram and Parts Schedule

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#11]
MCX Handguard and Barrel Parts Replacement Diagram and Parts Schedule

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]
MCX Lower Receiver Parts Replacement Diagram and Parts Schedule

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#13]
MCX Upper Receiver Parts Replacement Diagram and Parts Schedule

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, "factory replacement only" parts stick in my craw...I like being my own armorer in case someone eventually decides to stop supporting a gun. It's been known to happen.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Recommend barrel replacement at only 10k?
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Recommend barrel replacement at only 10k?
View Quote
This is a select-fire schedule.  I have 6 MCX that are north of 10k with no signs of accuracy degredation
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Damn, "factory replacement only" parts stick in my craw...I like being my own armorer in case someone eventually decides to stop supporting a gun. It's been known to happen.
View Quote
@coregon

Is there a good reason for that? Or is it just a CYA?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@coregon

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@coregon

Somewhat - but also think about it this way...

The cam path insert was originally put there to extend the life expectancy of the aluminum upper.  So, the cam path should outlast the useful like expectancy of the upper itself - not the other way around of having to worry about replacing the cam path, due to wear.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The cam path insert was originally put there to extend the life expectancy of the aluminum upper.  So, the cam path should outlast the useful like expectancy of the upper itself - not the other way around of having to worry about replacing the cam path, due to wear.
View Quote
Ah, see that I didn't know. I figured it was the other way around, being a high-wear part designed so you could replace the small part in lieu of the whole upper.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ah, see that I didn't know. I figured it was the other way around, being a high-wear part designed so you could replace the small part in lieu of the whole upper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope - cam path is a steel insert in the aluminum upper.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#21]
@coregon

Any chance you can see if these retaining pins are available seperately? I have a bare legacy upper I need to put back together. Clicking it brings up complete uppers.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@coregon

Any chance you can see if these retaining pins are available seperately? I have a bare legacy upper I need to put back together. Clicking it brings up complete uppers.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/201131/Inked15_LI_jpg-996109.JPG
View Quote
MGW has you covered now: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/2400440-r

They also have that cam path insert now
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MGW has you covered now: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/2400440-r

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@coregon

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/201131/Inked15_LI_jpg-996109.JPG

Apologies @patriot_man - I just saw this one.  I’m getting tagged/DM’d so much now, hard for me to keep up!
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#24]
No worries!! And thank you zombie
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Is Kit-Mcx-Bolt-Cip the correct bolt assembly for the Legacy MCX?  I asked Sig, but got no reply.

Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top