Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2019 4:28:53 PM EDT
Non Virtus, older model MCX "hybrid" I believe? (SIG AR lower)....

Been having ALOT of light primer strikes, no bang incidents....Thought it was the ammo at first, changed that, same issue
..Gun is stock, stock trigger etc...11.5" MCX pistol....

Also my hammer pin walked out today......First time that has happened as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had that program with an aftermarket trigger. Mine didn't have enough power left after having to push through the firing pin safety spring.

Your problem sounds different though.

I wonder if your hammer springs were not properly resting on their perch?

It's a common mistake in assembling ARs that a new Sig employee could have made.

I would suggest you first try to properly reassemble the thing and see if the problem goes away.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had that program with an aftermarket trigger. Mine didn't have enough power left after having to push through the firing pin safety spring.

Your problem sounds different though.

I wonder if your hammer springs were not properly resting on their perch?

It's a common mistake in assembling ARs that a new Sig employee could have made.

I would suggest you first try to properly reassemble the thing and see if the problem goes away.
View Quote
Will be running it on the range tomorrow.....trying to convince myself the MCX Geissele trigger is worth purchasing for this gun, or if I should unload it for another DI AR...

I want to like this little setup (even want to SBR it). But a little discouraged right now....Disassembled the BCG and it was pretty dirty with quite a bit of brass shavings were discovered inside and around the bolt...maybe there was build up slowing the firing pin down ? I'm not big on keeping my guns squeaky clean so this too is a bit disheartening if this is the case.

We shall see!
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Cleaned BCG out...has ran 100% so far today. Gunk must have been slowing FP down
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top