Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2019 7:12:14 PM EDT
Has anyone broken on of the MCXs barrel clamps? I recieved a MCX that had a cracked barrel clam from the previous owner misaligning the barrel and clamp and them proceeded to tighten it down. I have a new one order and it appears it's just a roll pin that holds it it. If anyone has had to replace one can I get any tips. Also an email has been sent to Sig to see if it can be fixed under warranty but still waiting on reply.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I did.

Got it a case stuck in the chamber and banged the butt on a concrete table to get it out. Broke on of the clamps in half.

ETA: sent it to Sig and they replaced it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I’m an idiot and broke mine. New parts on the way. Anyone replaced these?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got mine last week and broke it down to clean and lube it up for the first time last night. I was having trouble cycling a new round into the pistol after a shot. Once I was done and was reassembling, I was tightening down the barrel clamp screws and I did 1 fist but when I got to two, the screw just popped out. perhaps I'm an idiot too and should have tightened them together until I secured 1 in place first. and way, like the idiot I am, I didn't know to pop the pins out to get the screw back in place so I used a vice to pop the screw back over the pin and instead screwed up the threads. not sure if I only need a screw or the entire barrel clamp assembly. I did email sig rite away though and they have only taken a couple of days in the past to reply but in case they won't replace it, can someone point me in the direction of where to buy these parts? thanks in advance for your time!
This is my first AR (if you can consider a canebreak an AR) and my first post on ar15.com. I know I don't know what I'm doing. Addition thanks for your grace.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to order the whole assembly. Came with both clamps screws springs and roll pins. It was simply to change out. I just tapped the roll pin out of the side I broke. Assembled and tapped the pin back in. I ordered from Midwest Gun Works. It was cheaper than sig for me. Sig rapes me on shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top