Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2022 9:19:53 AM EDT
Are these MCJ primer pocket reamers good?  I plan on using the large.  I want a reamer I can use after a Dillon Super Swage to clean up and I want a tool head that can't over do it.  My Super Swage does not always produce the results I want.  If I set it for 100% success, then the pockets feel a bit too loose.  If I set it just right, then 10% of the brass will be too tight.  I am guessing some spring action in the brass is at work.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I use RCBS primer pocket uniformers because they are adjustable for perfect fit, they also have a surface stop that is square to the case which makes it easy to get consistent pockets..

https://www.rcbs.com/case-processing/primer-pocket/primer-pocket-uniformer---carbide/575.html
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use RCBS primer pocket uniformers because they are adjustable for perfect fit, they also have a surface stop that is square to the case which makes it easy to get consistent pockets..

https://www.rcbs.com/case-processing/primer-pocket/primer-pocket-uniformer---carbide/575.html
View Quote

That is what I use as well.  Works great.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The Dillon super swage is headstamp specific. If you run mixed brass the outcome won't be uniform.

I separate my brass by headstamps and adjust the super swage for each specific brand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top