Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2019 10:37:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I appreciate his review, but I think its funny how much praise he has for the old ACR.

I have both the old ACR (actually the exact one he has by the looks of it) and the new one he reviews.
My old one, the one MAC loves, is a POS. The barrel comes loose constantly and randomly. Also bolt hold open is random with same ammo and same mags. I have had to send it back twice. My new one has been fine but its very new so no real opinion on it now.
I do agree that for the price and hype MAC should not have any of those problems. The ACR has so much potential its sad to see it wasted.
I would be curious to a larger sample size on the new ACRs and I would also be curious to have MAC contact bushmaster with these complaints/problems and see how the company responds.

Shit happens too though, I mean I bought two DD V7s uppers direct from DD and one of them had constant failures after about 150 rounds, turned out to be a faulty BCG and DD was awesome about sending me a new complete BCG,  but...some times you get a lemon.

All that being said, I love the ACR but its a toy. I would only use my Daniel Defense for work/HD. I would think anyone buying an ACR already has a few good ARs
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
He also blasts the pistol, a new one, in another video and recommends people NOT to buy the new ones.  For the price, and the problems MAC has had, I am really thinking hard about not getting one.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone on ACRforums said they've seen Mac's review of the 6.8SPC conversion and it was positive.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
That was me, he’s openly bashing the pistol with a test sample size of 1 pistol.  The new Acr’s are way better than the older ones.  If I were on the fence I would buy a new one in a heart beat.

I put a pretty good post on the Facebook page about the old Acr’s versus the new ones.  I’ll dig it up if anyone wants to read it.  It’s like 6 paragraphs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Mac has a good point. The firearm wasn't test fired or they would have known the extractor spring was missing.

I'd still buy one if the price was right
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't trust the authenticity of his reviews.  Not after he threw his VP9 at a steel plate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the same issue with my barrel coming loose.

The production line/design has fleas.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
I don't trust the authenticity of his reviews.  Not after he threw his VP9 at a steel plate.
View Quote
Basically, he's a fucking fruit loop. He also thinks he's something more than a monkey in front of a camera spewing gun shop bullshit. I used to kinda enjoy his videos, but now I can't stand the sound of his voice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at how apologetic he was towards the MCX, but not the P365. He has some good reviews, but if he doesn't want to like a gun, he presents bias.

One gun has an elemental failure and it's still a viable combat pistol, but another has a failure in the gauntlet and he writes it off as garbage.

I trust some of his positive reviews, but his negative reviews typically have a "wtf" moment.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Mac has a good point. The firearm wasn't test fired or they would have known the extractor spring was missing.

I'd still buy one if the price was right
View Quote
Does it come with a shirt that reads “Honk when parts fall off!”?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 2:16:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Od still take an mcx over it
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:21:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bbies1973] [#12]
This video is a classic case of what happens when your internet popularity is more important than doing the right thing.

There is a lot that can be agreed to in there. However, that rifle should have been sent back to Bushy a long time ago, and the results added to the video before publishing it. They certainly were patient enough to add in that little detail about him getting an older model ACR, didn't they?

I am curious, where he might have bought it from, though. What are the possibilities that this gun had been completely disassembled by some back-yard "armorer/gunsmith" and never put back together properly? I have always been skeptical of BushMaster's quality, but that has to do with skimping on material quality affecting long term durability. Something as drastic as this thing is well beyond that, and just as he says in the video, no manufacturer allows a firearm out of the assembly plant in that kind of condition. In fact, the condition of it reminds me a lot of a used shotgun I bought years ago. I had to troubleshoot and -yep, you guessed it- replace a missing spring, among other things.

Just my 2¢, which probably won't even buy the paper cup for your coffee.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Found a good deal on a new ACR, so I guess I'll know for myself pretty soon. It should hit my dealer today.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#14]
ACR is awesome but Bushmaster haven't had the best QC for years...should have MAC sent the rifle back to Bushmaster...100%...but I also think this is a good video to put out address a severe potential issue.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Actually yeah I wouldn’t mind giving that comparison a read.  I’m currently looking at two different ACRs for sale, one a brand new one and one made in 2011.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I would buy either.  Most likely the new one over the old one.  You get a lot of minor incremental upgrades with the new generations.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:14:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoDakWolfPack] [#17]
Originally Posted By bigdog200399:
I would buy either.  Most likely the new one over the old one.  You get a lot of minor incremental upgrades with the new generations.
View Quote
Sorry, I hit reply instead of quote on my last post.  If it’s not too much trouble I’d like to know the list of differences between old and new. I’m in the market (probably for a black one, but I’ve always wanted a Coyote).
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#18]
The differences is the new rifles have dimensional changes in the small parts.

Here’s the upgrades that were implemented in order and they are all in line upgrades which means when they ran out of old parts and just swapped to the new parts.

Piston support
Titanium firing pin with new spring
V2 brass deflector
Upgraded charging handle assembly gen 2
———-
The newer rifles then got these upgrades in this order.
New safety selector with bolts instead of plastic cores
1/7 barrel, m4 profile on some and lightweight on most.
Aluminum recoil rod
Ambi charging handle assembly

They changed coatings during production as well.  It was mostly a supplier change from what it looks like.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bigdog200399:
The differences is the new rifles have dimensional changes in the small parts.

Here’s the upgrades that were implemented in order and they are all in line upgrades which means when they ran out of old parts and just swapped to the new parts.

Piston support
Titanium firing pin with new spring
V2 brass deflector
Upgraded charging handle assembly gen 2
———-
The newer rifles then got these upgrades in this order.
New safety selector with bolts instead of plastic cores
1/7 barrel, m4 profile on some and lightweight on most.
Aluminum recoil rod
Ambi charging handle assembly

They changed coatings during production as well.  It was mostly a supplier change from what it looks like.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:07:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#20]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Look at how apologetic he was towards the MCX, but not the P365. He has some good reviews, but if he doesn't want to like a gun, he presents bias.

One gun has an elemental failure and it's still a viable combat pistol, but another has a failure in the gauntlet and he writes it off as garbage.

I trust some of his positive reviews, but his negative reviews typically have a "wtf" moment.
View Quote
He did pick the acr over the scar16 so he does seem to like the gun on some level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top