Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2020 9:14:10 PM EDT
I recently came across a MAC 10 45 ACP upper. Is there a way to find just a semi lower to complete the firearm?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have a full-auto Bolt? If so, that would be really dangerous (probably illegal too) to use with a semi-auto lower even if you could find just a semi-auto lower.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have the upper with the barrel installed. No other parts.
The reciever has a HK style dioppler rear sight so I thought it would be cool to try and use it in a build.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Build one, https://www.ftfindustries.com/
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Build one, https://www.ftfindustries.com/
View Quote

This, you can buy the flats and bend them yourself.  FTF isn't inexpensive though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What lower is that?
View Quote

A 3D printed one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does it have a full-auto Bolt? If so, that would be really dangerous (probably illegal too) to use with a semi-auto lower even if you could find just a semi-auto lower.
View Quote

Ya so dangerous it won't even work in a semi lower gun since its a fixed firing pin open bolt design.

Eeeeewwwwwww scary machine guns i don't know about so l make up shit.

You can bend a flat weld flats or buy a ffl complete lower or stripped.

Warning semi m10 macs are bricks and not much fun.

If you go 9mm just match a double feed bolt with double feed mags same with single feed 9mm match the bolt to mag.

45 acp it will use US grease gun mags.

Single feed 9mm mags are more reliable and easier to get unless you do. UZI grip stick conversion on it.
But i wouldn't bother with a semi.

With single feed 9mm you have zytel or reconord pam2 conveted mags to choose from.
Double feed mags are hit and miss with reliability unless you do the UZI conversion.

I run the single feed converted sten mags in the Lage Max 10/31 and suomi drums.GG mags in the OEM 45 upper.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A 3D printed one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What lower is that?

A 3D printed one.

Yep, with AR FCG.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Serious question, how strong is a 3d printed upper.
Could I make an upper for my registered fa mac lower.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can buy a metal upper for fairly cheap
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The MAC style upper uses a heavy bolt and it's pretty violent (it's blowback operated); a buffer makes a noticeable difference when shooting.  Just based on my completely non-scientific, non-engineering knowledge, I'd guess it wouldn't hold up well. Give it a god though, I'd love to try one on one of those printed lowers (which I'd really, really like to try).
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Is that 3D lower on a 9mm or 45? My sister gave me a printer and I'd love to make a lower. I just have no clue how to do it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that 3D lower on a 9mm or 45? My sister gave me a printer and I'd love to make a lower. I just have no clue how to do it.
View Quote

I think they are glock mag, 9mm. Who knows what all is out there though. I had no clue they existed until I stumbled across a subreddit of guys building crazy 3d printed pistols with AR parts kits.

Eta: i guess the one i posted is using a standard mag. The tutorials i found are glocks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]

I could be tempted by a MAC like that.   Maybe more so if there were mag options.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I could be tempted by a MAC like that.   Maybe more so if there were mag options.
View Quote

It looks like their are a few options there. I'm still trying to figure out the best resources for tutorials. I'm not much of a trial and error guy to be honest. I like letting the crafty people figure out the kinks and I just imitate...
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It looks like their are a few options there. I'm still trying to figure out the best resources for tutorials. I'm not much of a trial and error guy to be honest. I like letting the crafty people figure out the kinks and I just imitate...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got Glock mags, Colt 9mm AR mags, and mags for my AR-V.  I'd really prefer not to go to another mag to stock.  lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've got Glock mags, Colt 9mm AR mags, and mags for my AR-V.  I'd really prefer not to go to another mag to stock.  lol
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Did someone say Glock Mags?

Full disclosure: All of these 3dbois are for semi Mac11 uppers, which of course only work with single feed mags, so your Colt and AR-V/Scorp mags are out. But Sten and Glock mag designs are both available...
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I really need a 3D printer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top