Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/17/2021 11:30:03 PM EDT
When I bought this gun I took it out for the first time and it was flawless ran 2 mags perfectly and sped dumped the 3rd mag. Today was the 2nd time I took it out and thw trigger would not engage( almost like a sponge feeling). It seems like there a gap between the lower and upper. I disassembled and reassembled and it still was not a 100% reliable. Any advice?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at the rear of the carrier as you pull the trigger. How much is it lifting?
Remove the upper, put the carrier in the position where the transfer bar is lifting the sear. It will also lift the carrier a very little bit. If it lifts the carrier then the trigger stops before it snaps the firing pin extension, you have too much lift in the carrier.
Remove carrier, VERY lightly tap the 2 ears of the mainspring housing down until you have very minimal lift of the carrier.
You should still be able to retract the carrier easily with no drag.

What normally causes this, is lifting and removing the carrier before the rear of the carrier clears the ears of the mainspring housing.
That is what caused the Marines in the firefight in Iraq to have to call Barrett to get their rifle up and running while in a fight.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you I will give this a try today. This will hopefully save me a trip to barrett.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at the rear of the carrier as you pull the trigger. How much is it lifting?
Remove the upper, put the carrier in the position where the transfer bar is lifting the sear. It will also lift the carrier a very little bit. If it lifts the carrier then the trigger stops before it snaps the firing pin extension, you have too much lift in the carrier.
Remove carrier, VERY lightly tap the 2 ears of the mainspring housing down until you have very minimal lift of the carrier.
You should still be able to retract the carrier easily with no drag.

What normally causes this, is lifting and removing the carrier before the rear of the carrier clears the ears of the mainspring housing.
That is what caused the Marines in the firefight in Iraq to have to call Barrett to get their rifle up and running while in a fight.
View Quote

WOW!
Talk about great Customer Service!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

[/b]
WOW!
Talk about great Customer Service!
View Quote

Appreciate it.  But I don't work there anymore. Not for quite a while
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]

You're going to have to host the pic online then use the image tags here
Followed the link in my quote of you.
Can you stand the rifle up like it is ready to fire and shoot a little video concentrating on the rear of the carrier?
Looks like what I described earlier is what is happening.

It's usually caused by not taking the carrier all the way forward before lifting up and out of the lower.
If you try to remove the carrier and it's still under the ears of the mainspring housing, it will bend the ears up a little and allow excess carrier lift.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for the late response I sent it off to barrett and also copied and pasted what you said in a email to them they agreed that could be the problem. I am not certified but I do some custom mods on my guns. This is a little more expensive and I do not want to mess this rifle up so I figured I'd leave it up to the pros lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/YosefArms/status/1352419191471669248?s=19[/tweet]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry for the late response I sent it off to barrett and also copied and pasted what you said in a email to them they agreed that could be the problem. I am not certified but I do some custom mods on my guns. This is a little more expensive and I do not want to mess this rifle up so I figured I'd leave it up to the pros lol
View Quote

Boooo!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#10]
In the Twitter video you can see some real lift to the rear of the carrier. Its a really quick fix. Don will set you up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:00:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome!! Now they told me to not use xproducts ball ammo is this true? I've read that the m82 is referred to as an AK when it comes to eating ammo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Never heard of XProducts .50
Maybe someone else can chime in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine sure likes all I feed it, but it's a 107 so maybe it's more tolerant.

I'm curious if they don't want you using that bullet or that loaded round.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top