Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

M72 Law Parts (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/13/2018 4:03:54 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can find a rubber button for an M72 Law?

I'm looking for the square black rubber de-cocker button. They always seem to have holes from hard finger presses.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 5:06:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pyotr_k] [#1]
Best places to ask are those that deal with reenactors. I haven't needed any replacement parts in a while, but last time I did I bought from a local Vietnam reenactor group.

Edit: Before that, I bought from http://www.replicasandmodels.com/. You might do well to e-mail Dan and ask him if he either has what you need, or knows someone who does.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you kind sir!
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy to help! I wish you the best of luck, but you ought to be able to source what you need given a little patience.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:48:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: William_lxix] [#4]
Originally Posted By smithwhick:
Does anyone know where I can find a rubber button for an M72 Law?

I'm looking for the square black rubber de-cocker button. They always seem to have holes from hard finger presses.
View Quote
I believe I can help you out.

What model of M72 LAW do you have?

~Will

Edited to add: Parts mailed out today.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Will, that would be great! Sending you a PM.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to William_lxix who sent me replacement parts on his dime.

The Laws are good as new!

Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I also need the square dust cover for the de-cock on my M72 LAW.  Same as the one pictured.  Would anyone be willing to sell me one.  Best Regards
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:00:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: William_lxix] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HMMWV_Display:
I also need the square dust cover for the de-cock on my M72 LAW.  Same as the one pictured.  Would anyone be willing to sell me one.  Best Regards
View Quote
What model of LAW tube do you have?

~Will

EDITED: Took care of HMMWV_Display too!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11Bngbng] [#9]
Sir by chance do you have any more of the rubber de-cocker dust covers? Will gladly pay. Need end caps,sling,
new front sight glass as well if you know where to get them. Cannot locate online.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Took care of another couple folks!

~Will
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Yesir ! Thank you sooo much your awsome !
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By William_lxix:
Took care of another couple folks!

~Will
View Quote
Helped out another collector.

Anyone else need rubber boots or other items for their LAW tube?

~Will
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#13]
i know i need the rubber button. I will have to check to see what else I'm missing. I just bought one from a guy but I'm in Iraq so I have to have the wife take some more detailed pics.

any help is appreciated. I always wanted one since I was a kid and finally got a good deal on one that could use a little love

spcfish at yahoo dot com
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I know this thread is old, but I have a fairly complete M72A1 LAW, that’s only missing the front clear sight lens. Does anyone have a spare they would sell?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Suprasonic:
I know this thread is old, but I have a fairly complete M72A1 LAW, that’s only missing the front clear sight lens. Does anyone have a spare they would sell?

Thanks!
View Quote
Unfortunately those sights are very hard to find.  I was blown away when I got my m72A1 tube and it still had it (though chipped in a few places)

Good luck though.  There was an early clamp on style one on gunbroker.  I'm still trying to find the rubber covers to make what I thought was gonna be a beat up pos into a complete beauty.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the response. I know my chances of finding the lens are small, but I have to ask.

I’m thinking about seeing if I can have a replacement made locally.

As I understand it, after firing the sight was supposed to be remove because it contained radioactive material.

https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/radioluminescent/lawsight.htm
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Combat Disabled Veterans Surplus in ID has the M72 front sight clear plastic insert but with the tritium removed:
https://www.cdvs.us/product/66mm-law-front-sight-tritium-removed/

I'm looking for an M72 LAW Sling/End Cap assembly, might have to get medieval and make a end cap from scratch even if I have to pop rivet the sling hinge eyes on.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I was shocked when I opened mine up and saw it had the sling/end caps with it.

I did find a .stl file for a full size LAWS rocket today.  So I'll probably try to print one out to go with mine sometime this week.  Been to busy printing 40mm stuff and everything else I can download.  It's addicting
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
I was shocked when I opened mine up and saw it had the sling/end caps with it.

I did find a .stl file for a full size LAWS rocket today.  So I'll probably try to print one out to go with mine sometime this week.  Been to busy printing 40mm stuff and everything else I can download.  It's addicting
View Quote
@SGT-Fish

Do you plan to upload the file anywhere?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I found it on thingiverse I believe.  I'll find a link.  It may have been on grabcad as that's the only other site I've been finding files recently
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jdude:

@SGT-Fish

Do you plan to upload the file anywhere?
View Quote
Just search "m72 rocket" on thingiverse.  It should be the first result.  I haven't had time to print it yet.  Still working on 37mm and 40mm projo parts.  Trying to get some files tuned in so I can print a batch every night and then do a bunch of test fires
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Anyone else need rubber boots or other items for their LAW tube?

~Will
View Quote
Sorry - been real busy lately - Who needs LAW parts?  Rubber trigger boots?  Collapsing button boots?  Cocking levers?  I have a couple front covers and slings too for the M72A2 LAW.

Here is the DEAL:

Post a pic of your LAW TUBE in this thread, and the parts are yours - you cover shipping flat rate priority mail padded envelope.

The catch:  "Best way to have friends, is to be friendly"  Thats it.  Kind of a pay it forward deal.

Enthusiasts don't gouge other enthusiasts.

If someone takes my generosity parts and sells them on eBay or GB or elsewhere then SHAME on you.  Thats on YOU, not on ME.

Otherwise, Good on you!

~Will
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
Combat Disabled Veterans Surplus in ID has the M72 front sight clear plastic insert but with the tritium removed:
https://www.cdvs.us/product/66mm-law-front-sight-tritium-removed/

I'm looking for an M72 LAW Sling/End Cap assembly, might have to get medieval and make a end cap from scratch even if I have to pop rivet the sling hinge eyes on.
View Quote
Also, just as an FYI, its NOT TRITIUM in the old sights: its PROMETHIUM-147 containing radioluminescent paint in them

Not GOOD stuff to have around.

~Will
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Hi Will, I have an old tube, the rubber is good, sight glass good, just missing the rear cap and front cap sling. I have a A2 sling with the big rubber cap, but that is not the proper one for my tube. If you can use that sling/cap I'll send them to you. Would you know of a place I can get the rear (hinged) cap and a older model sling/front cap? You can PM me is you desire. Thanks, GROG
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By grog18b:
Hi Will, I have an old tube, the rubber is good, sight glass good, just missing the rear cap and front cap sling. I have a A2 sling with the big rubber cap, but that is not the proper one for my tube. If you can use that sling/cap I'll send them to you. Would you know of a place I can get the rear (hinged) cap and a older model sling/front cap? You can PM me is you desire. Thanks, GROG
View Quote
GROG,

It would be my honor to assist YOU!

Unfortunately I don't know of a place for the rear cap.

I can try to salvage an A7/A9 cap (with the big rubber piece on it also) but you can drill and pop those rivets off and remove the rubber interior bumper & POSSIBLY work for you ?

I have a A2 front cap and web sling for you, you can pass the other sling/front cap off to someone else though!

~Will
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks Will I will give that a try. If I can't use it, I'll pass it along. GROG
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Sorry - been real busy lately - Who needs LAW parts?  Rubber trigger boots?  Collapsing button boots?  Cocking levers?  I have a couple front covers and slings too for the M72A2 LAW.

Here is the DEAL:

Post a pic of your LAW TUBE in this thread, and the parts are yours - you cover shipping flat rate priority mail padded envelope.

The catch:  "Best way to have friends, is to be friendly"  Thats it.  Kind of a pay it forward deal.

Enthusiasts don't gouge other enthusiasts.

If someone takes my generosity parts and sells them on eBay or GB or elsewhere then SHAME on you.  Thats on YOU, not on ME.

Otherwise, Good on you!

~Will
View Quote
I haven't figured out the picture posting deal yet.  But I can email you them if you'd like?  Spcfish at yahoo dot com
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there anyone else out there that needs a replacement M72 LAW front sight?

I’m in talks with someone who might be able to make make a replacement. Not sure on the cost just yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 6:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#29]
Is there anyone else out there that needs a replacement M72 LAW front sight?
View Quote
Yes, I'd like one.

I've tried to find an original (with Promethium paint) but so far have been unsuccessful.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#30]
This place never fails to amaze me. Good Folks
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Suprasonic] [#31]
I sat down and redrew the front sight markings and lens shape, no easy feat considering I had only a few low-res pics to go from. I printed it and fitted it to the sight holder. Still in the holder was bits of the bottom of the original lens, so I was able to gauge the thickness of the original. I then found an independent fabricator that thinks he can replicate the lens. I’ve sent the files to him- now I’m waiting to hear back.

Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:24:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: William_lxix] [#32]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:

I haven't figured out the picture posting deal yet.  But I can email you them if you'd like?  Spcfish at yahoo dot com
View Quote
Email sent.  Package on the way!

Anyone else looking for parts?  Boots, buttons, cocking piece, some slings.  NO SIGHTS.

~Will
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Hi everyone,

I wanted to give an update to the LAW front sight project. I’ve been working with an individual to make a replacement replica clear front sight lens for those missing one. This sight is pretty close to the real thing; it’s not as thick as the original, due to material constraints, and the markings are engraved into the lens. When you receive it, you will have to paint in the markings yourself, and just wipe off the excess paint.

Here is a picture of one of the prototypes:

https://imgur.com/a/ih0ITVW

I’m hoping to have one soon for my evaluation, and I’ll post pics.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Here’s my M72A1, dated 6/70 on the front.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:46:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: William_lxix] [#35]
https://imgur.com/a/2qQc11I

Here’s my M72A1, dated 6/70 on the front.
View Quote
PM replied to & Package on the way!!

Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Thank you William!
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#37]
William hooked me up as well!  Thank you so much!
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Hi everyone!

First, thank you William_Ixix for the boots! You are THE MAN!

Second, big update regarding the replacement M72A1 and A2 clear front sight. I received my prototype sight today in the mail today. I looks great- see the attached pictures. I took it out and test fitted it in the holder, it fit very well, not tight at all. I sat down and painted in the markings- the lettering is carved into the side you look through; you paint them in and wipe off the excess. Overall, I’m very happy with the result.

These are now available to purchase, $25+ shipping.

http://darkenergycreations.com/m72-sight.aspx

https://imgur.com/a/2WwASWP
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone have an extra rear hinged cover.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Suprasonic:
Does anyone have an extra rear hinged cover.
View Quote

I can find one for an M72a7 or a9 but thats about it.

It would need some modification to work on an M72a2, but, its a starting point.

Or just go with a NEW tube!

~Will
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Got any pictures?

I’m interested.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:16:37 AM EDT
[#42]
William_lxix  any luck with ILAW A7-A9 sling with front cap?  I saw an A9 tube locally for my GMV but its missing the front cap/carry strap assembly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By William_lxix:

I can find one for an M72a7 or a9 but thats about it.

It would need some modification to work on an M72a2, but, its a starting point.

Or just go with a NEW tube! 

~Will
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By William_lxix:
Originally Posted By Suprasonic:
Does anyone have an extra rear hinged cover.

I can find one for an M72a7 or a9 but thats about it.

It would need some modification to work on an M72a2, but, its a starting point.

Or just go with a NEW tube! 

~Will
Awww, I'm in the same boat with M72A2 (which is hosting an M190).

What do you think would be more practical; TIGging the hinge strap back together at the bend or modifying an A9 door?

Anybody ever make their own M73 training rockets with Estes motors?  
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BlammO:
Awww, I'm in the same boat with M72A2 (which is hosting an M190).

What do you think would be more practical; TIGging the hinge strap back together at the bend or modifying an A9 door?

Anybody ever make their own M73 training rockets with Estes motors?  
View Quote

Modifying an A7 or A9 door would be easier, I think.

I don't think the metal will take welding very well as its SOFT.  Maybe brazing though.

~Will
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Ooooh, it looks like what I really want is the spare parts kit!  Kit, Installation (M190) NSN 1055-01-011-8328  

• 1 Rear door

• 1 Rear door pin assembly

• 2 Rear door screws

• 1 Label (M190)

• 4 Phillips HD mach screws

• 4 Self locking nuts

Like that's ever going to happen!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:53:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mpulse2005] [#46]
Anyone ever see an M72a2 with the proper markings but no lot # or load date on the stamped description?  I have a fully intact M72 (with front sight glass) but the yellow stamped data is not complete.  I will try to post pics if I can figure it out.  Thanks

ETA: Added Pics

The M72a2

The incomplete stamp info

The markings on the cap strap

AND the gratuitous pic of the Family...

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Hello Everyone, I have an M72A2 that’s in pretty good shape but it’s missing both end caps and the sling. I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. Will, I read several of your threads saying you may have some parts available and for us to post pictures of our M72’s. Enjoy the pictures and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Iceman35:
Hello Everyone, I have an M72A2 that’s in pretty good shape but it’s missing both end caps and the sling. I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. Will, I read several of your threads saying you may have some parts available and for us to post pictures of our M72’s. Enjoy the pictures and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

https://imgur.com/fPpIANg
https://imgur.com/mikt9Ry
https://imgur.com/ezxQFns
https://imgur.com/bTLN7Zw
https://imgur.com/EX5PWU4
https://imgur.com/SZCXOTa
https://imgur.com/fhYbXz4
View Quote

Pics don't work bro.

~Will
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I am all out of LAW parts guys, I am sending off the remaining bits to a collector and am empty of LAW parts.

Good luck in your collections & endeavors.

~Will
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone have a source for a complete Law tube? Wanting to add one to my HMMWV.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
M72 Law Parts (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top