Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2018 2:25:27 PM EDT
Reviving this archived thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-M60-SAR-Build/22-451197/?page=1
I'm just now, getting some serious time in the shop to get mine moving forward.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#1]
My build came to a screeching halt when usps lost my parts. I have been slowly re-acquiring the parts (bolt/op rod, trunnion, rails etc)

I am now back to square one...
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know where I can get a set of semi rails that are straight and in spec?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get a set of semi rails that are straight and in spec?
View Quote
That seems to a be tough one at this time.

The set that I have from the "old" Cajon Country Arms are straight and usable, but I'm not at all happy with them
I'm getting ready to try and machine out a set rails by myself using 4140 prehardened.
Getting good, correct info is scarce. I wish I knew someone that has the old video and also, the final rail specs that the ATF was satisfied with.

I have recently finished the modifications to the bolt, bolt cam, and op rod.
I'm currently making the bolt sear block out of a chunk of 4140 Pre Hardened.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...also, the final rail specs that the ATF was satisfied with.
View Quote
You could probably get those from the ATF. Call their Firearms and Technology Division and ask for them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That seems to a be tough one at this time.

The set that I have from the "old" Cajon Country Arms are straight and usable, but I'm not at all happy with them
I'm getting ready to try and machine out a set rails by myself using 4140 prehardened.
Getting good, correct info is scarce. I wish I knew someone that has the old video and also, the final rail specs that the ATF was satisfied with.

I have recently finished the modifications to the bolt, bolt cam, and op rod.
I'm currently making the bolt sear block out of a chunk of 4140 Pre Hardened.
View Quote
I have the JRW build video and drawings. Give me a little while and I will email them to you.

ETA email sent
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have original drawings and a video. I sent you an email, call me, the number is in the email.
CT
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Hello, I'd give my middle nut for a copy of the original video too, if anyone is wiling to share? Funny how threads revive themselves over the years. Also, is anyone aware of anyone manufacturing these components for sale? Hoping to get some bridgeport time between the holidays and see what I can make/ break.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hello, I'd give my middle nut for a copy of the original video too, if anyone is wiling to share? Funny how threads revive themselves over the years. Also, is anyone aware of anyone manufacturing these components for sale? Hoping to get some bridgeport time between the holidays and see what I can make/ break.
View Quote
@rino911

I sent you an email. I have the build video and an extra JRW sear block if your interested
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know of JRW trigger assemblies being made? I've sent emails to Beltfed Precision and Cajon with no response.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of JRW trigger assemblies being made? I've sent emails to Beltfed Precision and Cajon with no response.
View Quote
You might try a member here, goes by rncbinc. He was building secondary trigger packs last I heard. He started a thread awhile Back now in the archives, building a JRW M60

Click here

@rncbinc

ETA there is also another member here that MAY have an original JRW secondary trigger pack, sear block etc for sale

@daveo
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Doug, I have a jrw secondary trigger, sear block and the trigger linkage piece I was going to list on Gunbroker. I have a set of jrw rails that I wouldnt use but would get someone going in the right direction on a new set.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
@Hueydoctor

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/797218047
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top