Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 2/12/2018 12:07:39 PM EDT
Hello!

Has anyone talked with M60 Joe recently? He told me he was "off" until Spring a when I emailed him in January about a repair. I don't want to bother him asking for an exact date, just curious if anyone has any updates.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@JoeBlack
View Quote
lol wait is that him?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]
USAnodizing.com also offers gun smith services. I had them work on then reanodize my M16 and am very happy with the work they did.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
USAnodizing.com also offers gun smith services. I had them work on then reanodize my M16 and am very happy with the work they did.
View Quote
What did you have done? I'd rather wait for m60joe but just curious either way.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What did you have done? I'd rather wait for m60joe but just curious either way.

Thanks!
View Quote
It is an Oly Arms converted by Frandkford Arsenal.

They did the following:
Milled down upper deck and rear radius so mil-spec uppers will now fit
Removed forging marks that were left by the factory
polished out a few scratches and blemishes located on the sides of the lower
Removed material between the forward pin holes so uppers don't rub

Im not sure what all services they offer, like if they can repair pin holes or convert a large to a small pin.  M60Joe does a good job but he only does gun smithing work, you will have to send it to a company like USAnodizing to have it reanodized anyways, might as well do it all in house if you can, will save you time and money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is an Oly Arms converted by Frandkford Arsenal.

They did the following:
Milled down upper deck and rear radius so mil-spec uppers will now fit
Removed forging marks that were left by the factory
polished out a few scratches and blemishes located on the sides of the lower
Removed material between the forward pin holes so uppers don't rub

Im not sure what all services they offer, like if they can repair pin holes or convert a large to a small pin.  M60Joe does a good job but he only does gun smithing work, you will have to send it to a company like USAnodizing to have it reanodized anyways, might as well do it all in house if you can, will save you time and money.
View Quote
Gotcha - ya I need my sear holes redone (one if not both). Potentially large to small pin (Its an SP1 but the pin isn't that annoying) I think he can send it out for reanodizing as well. I'll see
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Olympic RR that needs the typical Olympic issues fixed and have been looking at options.

I just had an email exchange with M60Joe and he said he would be off work until after the summer.

I emailed Victor at US Anodizing this afternoon, but haven't heard back yet.  Their website says they are not accepting work, but I'm not sure if that reflects gunsmithing or just contract anodizing.  If I hear back, I'll post an update here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Joe is worth the wait. He did some work on an AC556 for me. Fix turned out great; even sent a video post-repair.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya I emailed him last week and said he was off work until summer as well, worth the wait tho
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Victor at US Anodizing is currently accepting M16 work.  He said they would have it about 4 weeks. I’m going to get it shipped out next week.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Victor at US Anodizing is currently accepting M16 work.  He said they would have it about 4 weeks. I’m going to get it shipped out next week.
View Quote
Thanks for posting this.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top