Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2019 10:16:57 AM EDT
I just wasted the effort of squirling away the cash for an m249s. This really chaps my hide too as I was looking forward to getting one. Guess now I'll just spend the cash on something else....
What's the deal with FN? Did they stop making them? Are they only making like 10-20 a year?
Checked gunbroker and there are two priced at $12k LOL.. No freaking way, $8k is high enough IMHO. Always a day late and a dollar short it seems...
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in the same boat when the M2 .50cal kits came in 15 years ago and were only $400.  I had just bought the M1919 and had no cash for the M2.  Now kits are $3500 and built semi's are $8k+
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just wasted the effort of squirling away the cash for an m249s. This really chaps my hide too as I was looking forward to getting one. Guess now I'll just spend the cash on something else....
What's the deal with FN? Did they stop making them? Are they only making like 10-20 a year?
Checked gunbroker and there are two priced at $12k LOL.. No freaking way, $8k is high enough IMHO. Always a day late and a dollar short it seems...
View Quote
They likely make them in small batches - it’s not a high volume seller. Save the money and one will come up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Interested in a para?

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That's actually exactly what I was looking for. My cash stash got a little thinner though just a few mins ago
Grabbed a G36c clone from Atlantic firearms.  Now I'm about $3k short for a few weeks. I may be able to come up with the rest if pressed for it, LOL..
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

@sgt_fury
https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/FN-249S-Para-belt-fed/93-1901955/

ETA: disregard , see I was already beat.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#6]
You got a PM.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could say they were all in my closet!!!

But alas, no....

Doc
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to @akethan I have an M249s para coming soon!
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Gunstop of Minnetonka has one on the shelf. Para model I think!
952-935-2857 ext 3
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks to @akethan I have an M249s para coming soon!
View Quote
Awesome
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I work for a FN distributor.  FN hasn't made any 249S for quite a while.  They may make some more in September.  They have probably made a lot less of them then you would think.  They didn't exactly sell extremely well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I work for a FN distributor.  FN hasn't made any 249S for quite a while.  They may make some more in September.  They have probably made a lot less of them then you would think.  They didn't exactly sell extremely well.
View Quote
Are you able to provide estimated  production figures?
Just curious how many are in the wild and how many they make at a time
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are you able to provide estimated  production figures?
Just curious how many are in the wild and how many they make at a time
View Quote
Right around 3000 have been produced and sold.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I have two, so there’s that!

18Z50......I love me some M249 cyclic!
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the heads up, but next  purchase for me will prob be an 18" barrel and a standard fixed stock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Has there been any confirmation yet if there will be another batch of these in September? I’ve had my eye on one of these since they came out but had just bought a MM23E. I remember they were all over GB for close to $7k. Hoping to snag one at least in the $7-7.5 range??
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I talked to the FN rep at the NRA Expo this past weekend, they said in the next month or two there will be a batch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I talked to the FN rep at the NRA Expo this past weekend, they said in the next month or two there will be a batch.
View Quote
Oh nice, as long as they plan to produce more I can relax. I just didn’t want supply to dry up and asking prices for these to go over $10k.  But maybe I’ll try and get in on this next batch so I don’t have that uncertainty.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
They are worth it, I love mine you will not regret the investment.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
If we get any new AWB's those of us who have these may be potentially sitting on a nice pile of cash. Or have them confiscated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#22]
If we get any new AWB's those of us who have these may be potentially sitting on a nice pile of cash. Or have them confiscated. [img]
View Quote
I suspect a lot of us (but sadly not all) would be happy to take the huge financial hit on Class3 and other things to see LESS infringement of our rights.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I suspect a lot of us (but sadly not all) would be happy to take the huge financial hit on Class3 and other things to see LESS infringement of our rights.
View Quote
I wouldn't mind as I bought my M249S to enjoy and not to resell. I just don't want .gov
To come tote off my expensive stuff and hand me a $200 wall mart gift card for the trouble..
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't mind as I bought my M249S to enjoy and not to resell. I just don't want .gov to come tote off my expensive stuff and hand me a $200 wall mart gift card for the trouble..
View Quote
You should have no worries there- when they've done it in the past (Streetsweepers at the state level and MKS M14s at the federal level are two I've been involved with) they didn't offer a gift card.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You should have no worries there- when they've done it in the past (Streetsweepers at the state level and MKS M14s at the federal level are two I've been involved with) they didn't offer a gift card.
View Quote
This.... this is not funny, and probably the future, nothing says freedom in the land of the free like them hauling off loads of property.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
*drools*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
That particular M249S Para is sitting in my bedroom floor as we speak. Sad part is, I haven't taken the time to go shoot it yet..
My 15 year old son sat at the coffe table the day I brought it home from the FFL and linked up 200 rnds for fun. We need to go shoot it but I want to figure out how to keep up with the links first.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That particular M249S Para is sitting in my bedroom floor as we speak. Sad part is, I haven't taken the time to go shoot it yet..
My 15 year old son sat at the coffe table the day I brought it home from the FFL and linked up 200 rnds for fun. We need to go shoot it but I want to figure out how to keep up with the links first.
View Quote
what do you mean by "keep up with the links"

if you mean picking them up off the ground, go to your local home depot/lowes and get a big magnet on a stick. works like a champ and no bending down.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

what do you mean by "keep up with the links"

if you mean picking them up off the ground, go to your local home depot/lowes and get a big magnet on a stick. works like a champ and no bending down.
View Quote
I don't want to loose any links in my yard when I shoot it.
A magnet would probably work fine. I was thinking of throwing down a tarp or making a brass catcher type devise for it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
@Sparks556

Having fun with it? Any issues? It was an awesome rifle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@Sparks556

Having fun with it? Any issues? It was an awesome rifle.
View Quote
Oh yeah my wife and kids shoot it more then me, my 4 year old thinks it is the best thing ever haha we have a little under 3K rounds down the tube by now. I just finished spray painting it and building a mount for my Fj60. These rifles are worth the money for sure. I am trying to save up for a 240 in semi auto. hopefully someday haha..
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't want to loose any links in my yard when I shoot it.
A magnet would probably work fine. I was thinking of throwing down a tarp or making a brass catcher type devise for it.
View Quote
brass catcher type device will eventually jam the gun. those things are total shit and they are very low capacity unless you're building one and just having it dump on the ground instead of flying 30ft away. magnet on a stick works very effectively and is cheap.

i took a NIB example on a trade, and im unsure if i want to fire it or sell it. i have a shrike already fwiw with a binary trigger. i do like the fact that i could shoot 55gr ammo in the 249 vs 62gr only in the shrike.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Where are all the $6400 NIB Paras???  Was a glut a year ago.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Heads up on a M249s pistol. Uses the HK trigger pack.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/836423935
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where are all the $6400 NIB Paras???  Was a glut a year ago.
View Quote
Long gone man. Would be lucky to find one for $8K+ now. Everything I have seen come up for sale less than $8K sells quickly so keep your eyes peeled, people are starting to find out FN is no longer making them right now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Before I left, Trinity Ordnance in Lake Worth, Texas, had one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Any more floating around?  I too remember when they were plentiful.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Looking for one of these - if anyone has one, shoot me a DM.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#39]
There's a new one that just got listed on Calguns for $9K.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Would under 7k for a slightly used 249S be a buy it now price? Gun only?

Also, since I can't really afford it right now, one is listed at the Cabelas Gun Library for $6500 w/Burris AR536 Optic, I like to browse through the listings and this one stuck out. You can pay them $20 to have it transferred to your local Cabelas.

Have at it:

Cabelas M249S
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Lots of owners say these guns are totally worth it. Can someone explain it to me? It's an enormously heavy AR-15. Is it a nostalgia thing for ex-mil folks?

Honestly asking...
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Most people buy them for fun, or to collect.

How can you say it isn't worth it to them??

These are not poor man's guns for harvesting game.  No real way to justify it.  A "Just 'cause" gun.

Wish I had the cash to play in that realm.

Doc
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lots of owners say these guns are totally worth it. Can someone explain it to me? It's an enormously heavy AR-15. Is it a nostalgia thing for ex-mil folks?

Honestly asking...
View Quote
Nostalgia thing for me...totally worth it.

18Z50......
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I've never regretted buying one for a second.  Bits and pieces seem to multiply though, especially if you are into the slightly old school look:

Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#45]
How well do y'all's run in semi-auto off mags?  Any particular mags that are more reliable than others?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Mine runs perfectly with any USGI magazines but polymer is a no go.  It tends to really wear on the feed lips so I now use a single steel Israeli magazine that I don't care about.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:00:23 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Damn, that came out nice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:  Mine runs perfectly with any USGI magazines but polymer is a no go.  It tends to really wear on the feed lips so I now use a single steel Israeli magazine that I don't care about.
View Quote
Interesting.  One of Magpul's claims is their M3 will run the M249.  There seem to be a lot of complaints by folks that it's very difficult to get issued guns to run from mags.

My last exercise I was a turret gunner & had blanks for the M4.  Of course I tried to get them to run in the 249, and it just crushed them.  Every round, a nice big dent.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Interesting.  One of Magpul's claims is their M3 will run the M249.  There seem to be a lot of complaints by folks that it's very difficult to get issued guns to run from mags.

My last exercise I was a turret gunner & had blanks for the M4.  Of course I tried to get them to run in the 249, and it just crushed them.  Every round, a nice big dent.
View Quote
Their M3 very well might work fine but I haven't tried one unfortunately.  You gotta' remember, I'm so old school I still find stuff like this fascinating!

I know the 249 has a less than stellar record with regards to magazine feeding but semi-auto seems to help.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Of course - the mag can keep up in semi-auto.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top