Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2021 10:47:37 PM EDT
I was digging through the garage and came across a few M249 parts from my 02/07 days that I no longer need. All parts are new and never installed or used.  Can anyone give me an estimate of what they are worth?

Here is what I have:

Op rod

Feed tray

Buttstock

Bipod

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Try adding on Sturmgewehr. I've seen M249 posts sold there
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I would post on sturm, but I have no idea what they are worth.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Feed tray, maybe $100 (its not the newer one with fingers that hold the belt so not as desirable)
Bipod, $50 or so... again not one of the newer ones
Stock $100-$150 like most of your parts it looks like new and most people prefer the Savit to even the new fancy aluminum one.
Oprod $500-600 maybe? They were more desirable when SOTs were still able to get the M249s and convert the oprod and slide so they would work in them and function as open bolt posties. They were going for more then but with the crazy prices the semi m249s are bringing these days the price on the oprods has come down quite a bit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Feed tray, maybe $100 (its not the newer one with fingers that hold the belt so not as desirable)
Stock $100-$150 like most of your parts it looks like new and most people prefer the Savit to even the new fancy aluminum one.
Oprod $500-600 maybe? They were more desirable when SOTs were still able to get the M249s and convert the oprod and slide so they would work in them and function as open bolt posties. They were going for more then but with the crazy prices the semi m249s are bringing these days the price on the oprods has come down quite a bit.
View Quote

$100 for a feed tray? It wasn't that long ago that the top cover and trays together were going for only slightly more than that. There are a great deal of them floating around out there after all. I don't think it would sell at $100.

The oprod is still going for a decent chunk though - you're right.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

$100 for a feed tray? It wasn't that long ago that the top cover and trays together were going for only slightly more than that. There are a great deal of them floating around out there after all. I don't think it would sell at $100.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The enhanced feedtrays go for $200+ pretty regularly when they are available... a like new normal feedtray would sell for $100 pretty easily on sturm or gunbroker, prices have been going up.. I've NEVER seen a top cover and feedtray sell for 'slightly more than $100' tell me where you're finding them and I'll buy them all. Even in the right circles its unusual to see many available at once. Complete top covers by themselves typically go for $700+
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Op rod $600-$700
Stock $150-$300
Feed tray (old style) $100-$175
Bi pod (old style) $95-$125

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The enhanced feedtrays go for $200+ pretty regularly when they are available... a like new normal feedtray would sell for $100 pretty easily on sturm or gunbroker, prices have been going up.. I've NEVER seen a top cover and feedtray sell for 'slightly more than $100' tell me where you're finding them and I'll buy them all. Even in the right circles its unusual to see many available at once. Complete top covers by themselves typically go for $700+
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally bought multiple covers and feed trays for $120-150 combined here in the EE in the past few years.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I e been watching 249 parts prices since 2015. They fluctuate a lot. 6 months ago prices where really high, this month? Not so much. Old style, stripped top covers are cheap, $200 ish. The new style railed top covers are triple or quadruple that, even stripped. Op rods are everywhere right now, they’re just not moving, slide assemblies are hot now, I just sold one of mine for over $2k by itself. As much as I LOVE my 249, people seem to think some of these parts are worth their weight in gold. They’re not. These look like old parts for sure
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
'Slow assemblies'? I assume that was an autocorrect and you meant lowers? Most of the lowers I've seen have been like $800 but I guess I haven't seen any lately. For 2k I need to sell a few of mine. I keep one of the select fire lowers on my mk46 usually anyways. Has anyone seen one of the titanium bipods anywhere lately?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep. Autocorrect! I meant “slide assembly”. Yeah, lowers trigger groups are still $650-$850. I’ve thought about those select fire groups. Where did you source yours? I’ve only ever seen Greg have them...
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got some slides that I would get rid of for that price too lol. Yeah, got it from Greg at Knob probably 3 or 4 years ago. I had some stuff he was looking for at the time and thought one would be fun to play with. On semi the trigger is quite a bit heavier than normal, but they work well otherwise, OOW did a nice job on them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ve thought about trying to make my trigger group select fire. I have both semi and open bolt set ups. Well slides are the golden ticket right now. Freakin hens teeth. Gun broker and Sterm are low hanging fruit to off load those if you want. $2k a piece, no joke (well, complete in new or like new condition)....
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess I need to sell some of my bolt slides and buy some op rods, I've got more spare bolt slides than op rods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top