Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2022 5:46:07 PM EDT
Regarding the NFA-required engraving...where did you guys place the engraving on your receiver and any recommendations on who to send mine to for it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I just electro pencilled the barrel on mine. But my barrel anodizing looked rough already. But it is a cheap DIY on soft aluminum. Then hit it with some alumablack.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 1:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I had my 12” barrel engraved near the muzzle so that I wouldn’t lessen the receiver’s resale value, by engraving that part, separated from the barrel which could be turned down to a 9” and sold to a different buyer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 2:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't anticipate ever selling or needing to sell my M203, so the receiver itself is a legit marking location for my own needs.  Other folks think the barrel is a wiser choice for various reasons.  

If you're wondering about the location on the M203 receiver to have the engraving applied, choose the top rearmost edge of the slide if you want to conceal it but still have it visible, or on the flat angled slab on the rear of the frame just ahead of the fire control receiver box if you want to present it more openly.

I've had a lot of success with Tar Heel State Firearms.  Their quality fiber laser engraving options, typefaces, finishing and re-blacking, and turnaround time are all great.  They must laser engrave hundreds of various receivers per week, but all of my jobs I had them do were sent back in maybe five days max.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I did mine on the flat area just below the latch that opens the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top