Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2018 7:03:09 PM EDT
I have a few questions regarding the proper completion of a Form 1 with regards to a M203. I recently purchased one of the DSArms M203 receivers, no barrel.

1. Item 4a Name and Address of original Manufacturer
The receiver is marked DSArms  Elk Grove Village, IL
However their actual address is 27W990 Industrial Ave, Lake Barrington, IL 60010
Which do I use?

2. Item 4f Overall Length
Is this the overall length of the M203 by its self?
or the length of firearm its mounted to, in this case a AR15-A2?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a few questions regarding the proper completion of a Form 1 with regards to a M203. I recently purchased one of the DSArms M203 receivers, no barrel.

However their actual address is 27W990 Industrial Ave, Lake Barrington, IL 60010
Which do I use?

View Quote
sorry i wish i could help but that's not the case..i have a question..can you use the civilian version of the M203 dir anything other than flares? could it shoot a 40mm grenade of it was legal?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sorry i wish i could help but that's not the case..i have a question..can you use the civilian version of the M203 dir anything other than flares? could it shoot a 40mm grenade of it was legal?
View Quote
I believe it is possible to own real greanades. Each grenade would require a $200 tax stamp, and would need to be properly stored,
I'm assuming lots of other fees and restrictions.

The real problem is trying to find a heavy munitions manufactuerer that would sell a 40mm HE grenade to a civilian. I'll save you some time, there are none.

If you're good with chemistry You could probably make one yourself but would want to be a FFL with manufacturing SOT to play it safe on the legal side. Honestly it's not worth the risk to your safety.

If you want to shoot a 40mm grenade that goes "boom" make or buy bird bombs, there are some youtube videos that show you how. They don't blow up on impact, they use a fuse, but they are still pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Which do I use?

View Quote
I'm doing my Form 1 also.  I put the Elk Grove Village address on the form as that is what is printed on the receiver.  I put 12" for the barrel length as that's the barrel length I plan to buy.  For the overall length I put 15" (a 9" barrel therefore would be 12").   I came up with 15" as follows:  the overall length of the receiver is 11-3/4".  The distance from the surface that the cartridge will rest to the end of the receiver is 8-3/4".  12" minus 8-3/4" leaves 3-1/4".  3-1/4" plus 11-3/4" equals 15".
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I believe it is possible to own real greanades. Each grenade would require a $200 tax stamp, and would need to be properly stored,
I'm assuming lots of other fees and restrictions.

The real problem is trying to find a heavy munitions manufactuerer that would sell a 40mm HE grenade to a civilian. I'll save you some time, there are none.

If you're good with chemistry You could probably make one yourself but would want to be a FFL with manufacturing SOT to play it safe on the legal side. Honestly it's not worth the risk to your safety.

If you want to shoot a 40mm grenade that goes "boom" make or buy bird bombs, there are some youtube videos that show you how. They don't blow up on impact, they use a fuse, but they are still pretty cool.
View Quote
ok wow, thanks for the explaination ;)
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which do I use?

The .22lr beehive rounds are interesting and probably the least expensive anti personnel type round you can shoot. There are also 40mm buckshot rounds, but the beehive rounds accomplish basically the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I keep meaning to pickup a beehive for my LMT m203. Anybody still making these? Only the best has one for stupid money still i think.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I put the Elk Grove Village address on the form as that is what is printed on the receiver.  I put 12" for the barrel length as that's the barrel length I plan to buy.  For the overall length I put 15" (a 9" barrel therefore would be 12").
View Quote
This.

The complete address is:
DS Arms Inc
985 Lively BLVD
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

That's the address on their Type 10 FFL.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you're good with chemistry You could probably make one yourself but would want to be a FFL with manufacturing SOT to play it safe on the legal side.
View Quote
No FFL/SOT required. That's for business use. If you want to make some DD explosives for personal use, just submit Form 1 with $200 per HE round and wait for approval to make them. You'll need to meet storage requirements in order to store them (approved magazine). I'm not sure what triggers FEL requirements. I think you cannot transport for personal use without at least a Federal explosives permit. You'd also have to comply with state/local laws of course.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This.

The complete address is:
DS Arms Inc
985 Lively BLVD
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

That's the address on their Type 10 FFL.
View Quote
Where did you find that address? Is that what you used for a form 1?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Where did you find that address? Is that what you used for a form 1?
View Quote
That's the same address I sent you in an IM, along with the link to the ATF listing

You can search for an FFL on the ATF site.  DSA has multiple licenses.  The type 10 is what you want.  For some reason they have different addresses for other license types.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#11]
A discussion of a DSA M203 & the op failed!

Where are the pictures man, Pictures?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/fflSearch.do

Damn, link failed.  F the ATF

Go to this link:
https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/

And enter this:

In the three fields that are open

For filling out the form one enter it exactly as shown: DS ARMS INC

No period after inc
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honestly, they don't look like much till there's a barrel attached
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know but everyone like pictures!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
The civilian version and military version are functionally identical
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top