Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2020 4:49:36 PM EDT
Not sure if this is the right place, but I need some help.
If this isn't the right forum, let me know and I'll post where more appropriate.
I had posted over in Competition area and someone said this might be the better area.
Hate to say it, but this isn't my normal flavor of rifle, so I could use some serious help.

Relative of a relative passed away and family is looking for some help.

One of the items is apparently an M1AE2 (with the pistol grip stock).

The stock has several interesting cartouche's including "USMC".
I've heard that this stock is relatively rare and hard to find. I think that the stock alone sells for around 800.

The bipod and muzzle attenuator are genuine and not repo from what I have been able to determine.

The barrel is marked NM, pretty sure the sight are NM style.

The receiver is the old style with "7.62" markings.

I'm trying to help a family price some items left behind due to a sudden passing.

It was mentioned that pics would help, but I haven't got a clue how to upload any.
Been so long since I've done that that the hosting site I used to use is defunct.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Its probably a loaded model that had some parts added, to include the stock.

Pictures would help

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Going to try some photos.

Kinda new to this part.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Rear sight is a Garand lockbar rear sight with a National Match aperture.

The SA cartouche in a box does not appear authentic. The Defense Acceptance Stamp (eagle with stars) isn't clear enough to tell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The rifle is pre ban so alone it is worth atleast  $1500 . The stock...fake sa stamp and usmc hurt but still valuable. Defense stamp can't tell.

Together maybe $2200 but you would make more selling the rifle and stock separate. Pick up a cheap secong hand sa inc synthetic stock for rifle.

Like pointed out the elevator pinion and wind know are Garland lock bar. SA inc had a ton of them and used them it was also a way to make a recvr with very weak elev serrations usable.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking 5-liner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top