Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2022 7:11:40 PM EDT
Spotted a 2013 M1A National Match today (called SA to verify) used, stainless NM marked barrel, walnut stock.  Excellent condition overall. Has a Sadlak mount and a YHM muzzle device and Vortex Crossfire II 4-16x50. Forgot to take a pic of the whole rifle. It’s stickered at $1999. I know the NM’s are discontinued, but not familiar enough on the pricing. It is as is, with none of the original parts. Thoughts?

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What missing original parts? The Muzzle device?

Thats not a bad price at all for a rifle ready to take to the range. Go over it well and be prepared to load your own to get the best accuracy out of her.

If you want to spend a little more, and get a M1A thats a step up, the BULA is great rifle. I have a Bula shooting 155 sierras over 42.5 of 4198 that will keep 1 to 1.5 MOA. Every Springfield NM I have owned would be gold at 1.5-2.5 MOA with handloads off a bench
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the muzzle device, rear sight hood and stripper clip guide. Thanks for the info. I’ve really been wanting one and it already having a decent scope mount got my attention. Being a NM is overkill for what I would do with it. I’ve got an M1 and have shot a friends M1A before and I just don’t do good with irons anymore. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:25:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking into getting a Bula a while back, but several threads on the M14 forum about multiple problems with recent Bulas changed my mind. Seems like the quality control has gone way down recently (acording to the threads I read there).
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there any way you can find out the condition of the barrel? Throat erosion or muzzle gauge? That's a lot of coin to drop on a rifle, even these days without knowing that. I would ask for that info first.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
What’s up with that oprod tab? Or is it just the picture?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
That doesn't look like a NM to me.   Standard rear sight and I don't see any bedding.   It's probably a loaded.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That doesn't look like a NM to me.   Standard rear sight and I don't see any bedding.   It's probably a loaded.
View Quote

I called SA with the serial number and was told a NM.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I called SA with the serial number and was told a NM.
View Quote

Just my .02

A NM should have left with a Hooded rear sight but if you were going to use the irons as back up only I could see swapping that. With a scope on it was really hard to get enough light for me to use the non-hooded NM rear on my loaded with the new scope there blocked so it’s a non issue anyway. I don’t see any bedding either but lots of folks have swapped stocks over the years maybe the owner didn’t know that was a feature he was taking away maybe he didn’t care.

With that said I wouldn’t pay NM pricing for a gun that no longer includes those features as that’s what your paying more to get over a loaded model. I would probably double check that it’s a NM if that’s important but I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to buy a loaded model either mine has been a great rifle and at the prices you could get them for over a standard you got nice upgrades.

ETA: $1999 if it’s a loaded is still probably a good buy at current prices. A Loaded from PSA with a carbon barrel in synthetic is $1839 and a sadlak or Smith steel mount is going to run probably $250 new. If it’s an aluminum sadlak your looking at $150.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What’s up with that oprod tab? Or is it just the picture?
View Quote

Looks like someone put a rubber cover on it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thats not a bad price at all for a rifle ready to take to the range. Go over it well and be prepared to load your own to get the best accuracy out of her.

If you want to spend a little more, and get a M1A thats a step up, the BULA is great rifle. I have a Bula shooting 155 sierras over 42.5 of 4198 that will keep 1 to 1.5 MOA. Every Springfield NM I have owned would be gold at 1.5-2.5 MOA with handloads off a bench
View Quote

42.5 grains of 4198 will blow up the rifle!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
NM rifles are supposed to be glass bedded, I don't see any epoxy between the action and the stock.

Previous owner may have replaced the stock and rear match sight for unknown reasons.

I have had function issues with M1-A's with scopes mounted. Ejected brass can hit the mount and end up back in the action. An otherwise 100% reliable firearm can choke depending on timing and ejection angle.

I have used Springfield Armory mounts and A.R.M.S. mounts, both have had occasional problems.

IMO, if you want an optic on any M1-A have a scout rail installed on the barrel or buy one already installed from the factory.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everyone. I passed on it, but ironically a buddy bought it. I’m trying to buy a standard model off him. We did shoot the one in question today and it shot well. Short range, just shooting at steel. It had a nice trigger. He was pleased with it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#13]
With Standards going for seventeen bills, the extras on that alone make up for the difference. If I had the cash, I'd be happy with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top