Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2017 2:34:57 PM EDT
It's a semi 1919, but I figured someone here would have the answer. My buddy has one and lost all his links. I was going to buy some for him, but I read somewhere that regular 1919 links won't run right with .308 guns. Supposedly, you need to get Israeli links, because they'll work with .30-06, .308, and 8mm guns. Is this accurate?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya know, it's been so long since I shot the damn thing I can't remember. Mine is set up to shoot either .308 or 30.06 depending which barrel and booster I install. Don't recall having any issue with links either way, but I usually shoot cloth belts when I do, then I don't have to worry about picking up links.

Sarco among other places has the Izzy links. http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/1919a4308linksisraeli.aspx
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
but I read somewhere that regular 1919 links won't run right with .308 guns. Supposedly, you need to get Israeli links, because they'll work with .30-06, .308, and 8mm guns. Is this accurate?
View Quote

izzy links are bigger for the larger 308 cases

they work with 308 dont know about the 06/8mm
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
To add to the prior poster, M13 links run in the M240, mini guns, and others.  They have the tail that snaps into the groove at the base.  This does not run in the 1919.  You need either the cloth belt (nice - no picking up and reassembling belts) or the IWI link.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

izzy links are bigger for the larger 308 cases

they work with 308 dont know about the 06/8mm
View Quote
Thanks man! If figured the problem would be with the ass end of the link, as the case necks are obviously the same dimensions.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
To add to the prior poster, M13 links run in the M240, mini guns, and others.  They have the tail that snaps into the groove at the base.  This does not run in the 1919.  You need either the cloth belt (nice - no picking up and reassembling belts) or the IWI link.
View Quote
yeah, I knew that about the M13 links. My buddy bought a bunch once and found out the hard way they don't work. He also had a non-disintegrating belt from an RPD or MG-34 that obviously didn't work either. Appreciate the help!
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ya know, it's been so long since I shot the damn thing I can't remember. Mine is set up to shoot either .308 or 30.06 depending which barrel and booster I install. Don't recall having any issue with links either way, but I usually shoot cloth belts when I do, then I don't have to worry about picking up links.

Sarco among other places has the Izzy links. http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/1919a4308linksisraeli.aspx
View Quote
Yeah, those are the ones I was looking at, another place had links for half the price, but it said it was for .30-06, and I didn't think they'd work. Thanks man!
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Get them here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top