Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2023 7:58:24 PM EDT
I'm sure I'm late to the M1903A3 game but how much can I expect to spend on a M1903A3?

Specifically, a "field grade" shooter. Doesn't need to a match. I'm seeing about $1300-1400 from online vendors. Is that correct?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
$800-900 should buy you a nice USGI rebuild. $1200-$1300 should buy you a very nice condition all original. Smith Coronas go for a little more.

In the local fall gun show, there were a few that had been through an arsenal for $850-1000. The best one I saw was a pristine original for $800. That one sold shortly after the show opened.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Question: Why does a M1903 Springfield have two flip levers on the receiver/bolt?  One certainly is a 3-pos safety lever.  What's the other do?
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a magazine cut off lever on the left rear of the receiver.   Using this lever turns the 1903 into basically a single shot.  Flip the lever and when you cycle the bolt the rifle picks up the top cartridge out of the internal magazine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
ah, okay.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The purpose of the magazine cut-off was to permit the rifle to function as a single-shot with a full magazine held in reserve.

The concept of a magazine cut-off for American military arms can be traced as far back as the Civil War when the repeating Spencer carbine was fitted with a similar device.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a magazine cut off lever on the left rear of the receiver.   Using this lever turns the 1903 into basically a single shot.  Flip the lever and when you cycle the bolt the rifle picks up the top cartridge out of the internal magazine.
View Quote

Move lever to center and you can remove the bolt from the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I was wondering the same.  Seems like prices are all over the place.  I was looking at a 1944  Remington 03A3.  seems all matching.  Stock has faint cartouches and stock has dings like most.  over all great condition.1300 beans
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Prices have doubled for sure after the cmp had the influx..

I paid $750 for near mint 1903a3 before cmp got the returns back which was high for one at the time i figured the prices would be going thru the roof after they sold out at the cmp and they have..

look at the enfields, mausers etc.. all crazy prices..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top