I like the saiga mags on the lynx but the mlok rail on the M12 is appealing
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Only 870s and Citoris around here?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
get both

I just bought the M12AK-T1 and ran 50 rounds of buckshot through it. Also put about 300 rounds of various steel shot and birdshot. I pretty much ran everything 1200 fps or higher. It has a really easy adjustable gas block and they recommend tuning the gas to the ammo that you are currently shooting.

When I bought it the magwell had a crack in it and the LGS contacted the manufacturer on Thursday last week, and the new one already showed up. After shooting it yesterday the stupid plastic dust cover that rides on the guiderod spring broke off and it still functioned for a few more mag dumps until I finally realized it was broken. It was about zero degrees so that may have been a factor. I emailed the manufacturer on Sunday and they called me first thing this morning and said they were shipping a new one out today. So customer service seems to be legit.

I impulse bought mine, which I almost never do, but a sub $600 Saiga/Vepr style shotgun just caught my eye. So far it's met my expectations...

TiKTok Video

Honestly, if there was a Lynx available in town for the same price I would probably pick one of those up too. I like it a lot, wish I could find a cheap Vepr, but I'm not paying $1700 for one.  

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Saiga 12
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
get both

I just bought the M12AK-T1 and ran 50 rounds of buckshot through it. Also put about 300 rounds of various steel shot and birdshot. I pretty much ran everything 1200 fps or higher. It has a really easy adjustable gas block and they recommend tuning the gas to the ammo that you are currently shooting.

When I bought it the magwell had a crack in it and the LGS contacted the manufacturer on Thursday last week, and the new one already showed up. After shooting it yesterday the stupid plastic dust cover that rides on the guiderod spring broke off and it still functioned for a few more mag dumps until I finally realized it was broken. It was about zero degrees so that may have been a factor. I emailed the manufacturer on Sunday and they called me first thing this morning and said they were shipping a new one out today. So customer service seems to be legit.

I impulse bought mine, which I almost never do, but a sub $600 Saiga/Vepr style shotgun just caught my eye. So far it's met my expectations...

TiKTok Video

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90213/144592940_3565421973556889_1856744642307-1806814.jpg

Honestly, if there was a Lynx available in town for the same price I would probably pick one of those up too. I like it a lot, wish I could find a cheap Vepr, but I'm not paying $1700 for one.  

- Clint
View Quote

Good info
Thanks

How does the mlok rail feel as that would be a driving factor to the m12
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good info
Thanks

How does the mlok rail feel as that would be a driving factor to the m12
View Quote

It's very solid, and you don't have to take it off to access the gas system like the first gen M12AK's... the gas system has a detent ball that you press and pull everything out the front now compared to the old design. The top rail does come off like a standard AK gas tube if you want to remove it... but you don't have to remove it to clean it. You can mount optics to it and it's not going anywhere. The M12AK-T1 looks like it will take a standard AK stock too... I guess the older design was proprietary.

TheMagShack has 10 round mags for it for relatively cheap. There are all kinds of youtube videos on what mags work with it, and how to modify the magwell to accept drums. I'll probably just grab a few more 10 rounders and call it a day.  

- Clint

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
They were also brought into the country as the EM12B

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Bought a lynx 12
$599 shipped
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
sweet, I was looking at maybe buying one of those too....

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Promag 10rnd mags arrived today - these things are comically large
Primary arms red dot on backorder
Bought another 100rnds of Federal 2 3/4”
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]

My PSA AK-AR stock adapter thingy came in today, and my chest rig from Beez Combat Systems came in too. Then today on Big Daddy Unlimited the 10 round mags came up for $20 each so I ordered 6 more of those. Somebody stop me

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:19:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Just picked up a lynx for 469 shipped. Got a quad rail, us palm grip, buffer tube for AR stocks. Picked up a couple of SDS 10rd mags as well. Plan to get a muzzle brake and will probably slap my cheap PA red dot on it for now. Will post pics when I get it from FFL.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]

BDU had JTS mags on sale for $20/e

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Drum inbound
Tax Stamp mailed

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Here she is! Just need ammo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Is it just me, or is your sight on backwards?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#16]
It is, I just slapped it on to take the picture, noticed it but didn't feel like switching it haha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top