Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2018 3:13:06 PM EDT
Just sent lage a email making sure that I am on the list. I was not and they added me. I am #65 and from what they said lage needs 100 to make the conversions. She did say that the list has been building quickly and if it keeps up at the same rate they may be producing a batch in 4.5 months.  She did say alot of time goes into the conversions so if they started production in 4.5 months it would be 10.5 months before they would start shipping.

So long story short if you are wanting one or know someone wanting one make sure they are added to the list.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just sent lage a email making sure that I am on the list. I was not and they added me. I am #65 and from what they said lage needs 100 to make the conversions. She did say that the list has been building quickly and if it keeps up at the same rate they may be producing a batch in 4.5 months.  She did say alot of time goes into the conversions so if they started production in 4.5 months it would be 10.5 months before they would start shipping.

So long story short if you are wanting one or know someone wanting one make sure they are added to the list.
View Quote
I got a max-11 conversion and a max-11/22 kit for my mac-11/9 I’ll no longer use (since receiving my max-31). So I’ve been contemplating selling the max11 kit... and the max-11/22 kit would be worthless without it anyways. PM me if you want to make an offer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Talked to lage and they said the older 22 conversions only work with older legacy uppers.

I have a max-11k so I would need a newer 22 conversion.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a difference between the two .22 conversions that Lage sells. One is for the stock M-11 upper, the other is for the max MKII series of uppers. Different animals.

I have the M-11 conversion in a dedicated side-charging upper and it has been flawless.

Just so you know.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
They told me 2-2.5 years for Max 22 MK2 when I called a few months ago.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They told me 2-2.5 years for Max 22 MK2 when I called a few months ago.
View Quote
You on the list?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You on the list?
View Quote
I didnt even bother with it. I figured I could grab one from gunbroker faster than that.

Is there a list for the Mk2 .22 kit?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure. They way she explained it to me is the barrels and everything are the same except for the bolt. The older uppers have a different deminsion.

She did not ask what upper I had so I assumed they make all of the different ones once the list gets to 100.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not sure. They way she explained it to me is the barrels and everything are the same except for the bolt. The older uppers have a different deminsion.

She did not ask what upper I had so I assumed they make all of the different ones once the list gets to 100.
View Quote
Thank you for your interest in our products. I have added you to the waiting list for the MAX-11/22 mk2 and you are #67. The estimated wait is 12 months. I will send you an e-mail as soon as your Upper is ready. If you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to contact me. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have added you to the waiting list for the MAX-11/22 mk2 and you are #67.
View Quote
I was number 65 just a few days ago so adding about 1 a day.

Hope others join the list. The faster we hit 100 the faster we get our conversions.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a dedicated side cocking upper for my kit and cut/threaded for a suppressor by USMG. No issues with the kit, mainly ammo/mags related
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was number 65 just a few days ago so adding about 1 a day.

Hope others join the list. The faster we hit 100 the faster we get our conversions.
View Quote
#66 checking in.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

#66 checking in.
View Quote
Nice called the NFA branch today and they notified me that my stamp has been approved.

That lage 22 conversion can not get her fast enough!
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#13]
This wait is killing me.  I'm in the high 40's from May, so the average is a little slower than one every two days based on my date and #.  Hope this thread sparks some interest fast (plus the 11/15 buyers realizing they can shoot for real cheap).
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Id like to hear from guys that have the Max-11 22 conversion kits for the M11/9. From what little I have seen they seem to run good. Did read where one guy had problems but I think he might have had a M10/45. Unsure if Lage makes a conversion for them so it could have been a practical solutions conversion.

If anyone has one. List the following.

Which model upper are you running it in?
How reliable?
Which ammo does it like the best?
Which ammo to stay away from.
Suppressed fire and what setup you are using?
And cleaning information.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice called the NFA branch today and they notified me that my stamp has been approved.

That lage 22 conversion can not get her fast enough!
View Quote
@swampfoxoutdoors when did you submit your form 4?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@swampfoxoutdoors when did you submit your form 4?
View Quote
I signed everything Dec 15 check cash date was 1/23/18.

Trust by NFA lawyers with 41F amendment removing 2 trustees and making me the sole RP.

Picked it up today and just converted everything to lage.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Friend is on the list as I helped him pick out a m11/9 as his first MG. I know a dealer with a m11/9 incoming that I might personally try to work a deal with to kinda complete a set(I have a m10/45 and m11/380 already).

One thing worth saying is that lage has a massive waiting list for his m11/9 5.56 upper. I have a feeling that is going to take precedent over a lot of his other products as he starts production and tries to get that number down.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I was going to get on the list. However,  yesterday at a gun show I walked up Dennis Todd's table and asked if by any chance he had one. He said sure do as he reached under the table and pulled out a brand new max11 mk2 .22 conversion kit. Said $500 and I said sold. Now I just have to finish waiting for my stamp and purchase some more mags. This tells me that there are some out there to be had though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I put a WTB ad on a local forum and actually found a brand new m11/22 kit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I put a WTB ad on a local forum and actually found a brand new m11/22 kit. https://i.imgur.com/1kBGD4y.jpg
View Quote
Which upper of that for?

From what lage told me the conversions are upper specific. I’m sure the standard M11 upper will be the most easily found.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#21]
It’s for the standard upper
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It’s for the standard upper
View Quote
Cool let us know how it runs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Cool let us know how it runs.
View Quote
I’ve only got to try it once. Still waiting on my stamp, mid December submission. It ran pretty good. Mags are pain in the butt to load. I have acquired a lightning grip loader for them now. Suppose to be a good remedy. Will update when I get the chance to try it all out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’ve only got to try it once. Still waiting on my stamp, mid December submission. It ran pretty good. Mags are pain in the butt to load. I have acquired a lightning grip loader for them now. Suppose to be a good remedy. Will update when I get the chance to try it all out.
View Quote
If your submission was December it should be any day now. Mine was approved on the 25th and was mailed mid December.

And I was going to recommend the lighting grip loader. That thing is magical when it comes to M&P15-22 mags.

What ammo did you use?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If your submission was December it should be any day now. Mine was approved on the 25th and was mailed mid December.

And I was going to recommend the lighting grip loader. That thing is magical when it comes to M&P15-22 mags.

What ammo did you use?
View Quote
Mostly golden bullet, tried some thunderbolt they seemed to run just as well. Here’s my buddy running it
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Mostly golden bullet, tried some thunderbolt they seemed to run just as well. Here’s my buddy running it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_LszG-Ln-U
View Quote
Your link is bad, have to be a member to embed. Just copy and paste the YT link in the reply.

If it will run with thunderbolt it should run any bulk pack ammo. I have some various bulk packs at the house waiting on my conversion. Was going to test and see which did the best and and then buy a case or two of them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#27]
https://youtu.be/1_LszG-Ln-U

Have since sent the kit to US MG and and had the barrel cut back and the sub call kit threaded and an adapter made to put a 22 can on. Haven’t been able to try it in the new configuration yet.

Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Think this is your video.

The conversion looked like it ran good.

When he cut your barrel for a thread adapter what thread pitch did he use?

I thought about having mine cut for a M&P22c thread adapter since I have one already.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/1_LszG-Ln-U

Have since sent the kit to US MG and and had the barrel cut back and the sub call kit threaded and an adapter made to put a 22 can on. Haven’t been able to try it in the new configuration yet.

https://i.imgur.com/BE4W5XE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ksgi6sh.jpg
View Quote
Nice!  I have the same kit on my m11.  I love mine.  Dont leave home without it.  Only thing is mine wont run without a suppressor.  I believe I cut my barrel to something like 4.3".  However it runs like a raped ape with just about everything I feed it with my spectre 2.  The back of my adapter butts up against the strap ring flange on the original barrel, so about 1/2" shorter than yours.

I too purchased the lightning grip, I've found it causes a lot of rim lock or dented bullets.  I have learned how to properly load the lage mags with the manual loader they provide.  I can get it to run 100% if I do my part in properly loading.  Everything I load in it also runs subsonic.  It's pretty quiet for an open bolt.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Bm1ESrHAE

Think this is your video.

The conversion looked like it ran good.

When he cut your barrel for a thread adapter what thread pitch did he use?

I thought about having mine cut for a M&P22c thread adapter since I have one already.
View Quote
Cant remember what thread I had mine threaded to, however I am using an adapter TROS makes.  Let me dig it up...
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I used 11/32-32 to 1/2-28 adapter with Silencerco thread specs for a spectre 2/sparrow suppressor.  The end of the adapter has a small tapered area so the o-ring on my spectre 2 can engages it and keeps the threads cleaner.

Im trying to upload pics to imgur form my macbook and I'm not able to for some reason... I will post as soon as I figure it out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome, if you can post some pics and video of yours running that would be great.

How often does the lighting loader cause rim lock?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#33]
I dont know why, but the folders with my pics or photo library is grayed out in imgur.  I cant post pics...

Often enough that it's been sitting in the drawer sine I bought it.  Just get on youtube, theres an uzitalk veteran on there that shows how to properly load the mags.  If you follow it its easy and very reliable.  It will take longer off course.  But worth it.  I should have bought more mags, I only have a dozen m11/22 mags for it.

As for the adapter you will need for the m11/22 barrel with the 1/2x28, just get ahold of Mark Mcwillis on TROS USA.  He know's exactly what adapter.  One of the members on uzitalk got with him and worked together to figure out a specific set up for sub 5" barrel and adapter combo.  He can also cut your barrel/crown/thread and set it up, but he takes a long time.  I have a friend that has gone a year still waiting.  He does very good work but takes too long.  I had mine locally cut and threaded by the head machinist at Gemtech yrs ago.  Unfortunately they are no longer here...  Just be warned if you cut your barrel under 5" you might have issues running it unsuppressed.  As I said I cant reliably and consistently run it without a can.  But when the can is on, I just run out of ammo.  The kit is designed to run with Remington Golden Bullets, however each kit is different.  I've seen where guys have a hard time getting RGB's to run while others can.  Some can only get RGB to work.  I got lucky and mine will run just about anything.  Also send your kit to Richard at Lage.  He has a specific jig set up to align the barrel sleeve onto the assembly and he needs your upper to set it up.  It's worth to have him do it.  You will need to break it in a bit, but once it is, it's awesome.  Awesome enough that I'm not even looking to set up my m16 in .22 as it is so reliable and tons of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Here you go.

The adaptor also has a thread protector that comes with it.  When I purchased a couple of years ago I paid like $68 through Mark.  The mount I use for the vfg I purchased from usmachinegun.  It attaches to the barrel strap flange via set screws.  It's solid.  I had to shave a little on one side to make sure my lage safety clears when the safety is off.  I'm using the vfg that lage sells as well.  Only thing I want to get for it is sams uzi wire stock and have an rmr mount welded on to the upper for my rmr.

Forgot to add, I'm also using the full auto only competition trigger from lage.  It's quite a bit lighter pull compared to stock.  Singles all day if I want, but no option for semi as it is an all full auto trigger.  They do sell a semi and fa trigger through lage but it's heavier pull.  I really didnt care not to have semi as I have control to use it as a semi with singles.  After all I bought it to shoot in fa.

I will look for a video and post as soon as I find it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#35]
That’s looks awesome. Need some video of that setup running.

Found this last night while watching videos of a CW 45 bolt prototypes for the M10.

Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ve been on the wait list since April. This video made me want to get the 22lr kit.

https://youtu.be/fX4DaOF5Al0 He shoots the Lage 22lr kit at around the 3:20 min mark.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I spoke to lage about that same type of setup with a 1/2x28 barrel and a 22 suppressor and they advised against it. Said that the 22 barrel possibly would not be concentric to the 9mm bore. He advises to just get the 22 barrel threaded.

I do like that set up. Best of both worlds 3 lug and 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#38]
You mean a factory barrel threaded 1/2x28 then using the kit on it?  If so that's what I would be worried about as well.

Mine is not set up that way.  I had my stock barrel cut back all the way to the barrel strap ring flange.  Then I'm using a threaded adapter on the liner that mates against the original barrel strap ring flange, that is threaded 1/2x28 on the outside for the can.  I dont know if that makes sense...

Edit... you're talking about the video that was posted I see.  Nvm...
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That’s looks awesome. Need some video of that setup running.

Found this last night while watching videos of a CW 45 bolt prototypes for the M10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBv9hygI9-U
View Quote
Thank you.  I found my spec the other day.  The barrel length (barrel liner on lage kit) on mine is just under 4.5".

I have a video, but I have so much files on my pc... I need to find it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's the best way to set up the kit for a standard upper. I had Mike at USMG pick up the kit at Lage's shop, right down the street. I used a side charging upper that Mike sells,  Cut the stock 9mm barrel back to barrel collar, thread the liner, put an adapter on it with 1/x28 threads( I provided the adapter now Mike makes his own), and send it back to Lage for test firing.  Here are the pics just like packingkimber45 stated. It's a dedicated upper and I have over 3K round through this with no function problems.

Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here's the best way to set up the kit for a standard upper. I had Mike at USMG pick up the kit at Lage's shop, right down the street. I used a side charging upper that Mike sells,  Cut the stock 9mm barrel back to barrel collar, thread the liner, put an adapter on it with 1/x28 threads( I provided the adapter now Mike makes his own), and send it back to Lage for test firing.  Here are the pics just like packingkimber45 stated. It's a dedicated upper and I have over 3K round through this with no function problems.

https://i.imgur.com/DBh6gto.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YOE0Du6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/50I29IE.jpg
View Quote
That’s a nice set up.

At first I was against getting a kit for my stock upper due to no pic rail on top for a red dot. I then seen the storm werkz clamp on mount and would consider making it a dedicated upper.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/DBh6gto.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YOE0Du6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/50I29IE.jpg
View Quote
That is exactly how mine is set up.  Except different adapter...

Cajun, how does yours perform without a can?  I have a few springs Richard sent me years ago lol, I need to cut some coils on the spring and try to get it running without a can...  I cant get mine to run without a can.  I have well over 5k rounds through it with the can on without any issues.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That’s a nice set up.

At first I was against getting a kit for my stock upper due to no pic rail on top for a red dot. I then seen the storm werkz clamp on mount and would consider making it a dedicated upper.
View Quote
Dedicated factory upper or uppers like cajun with the .22 kit is the best set up IMO.  With the barrel shorter it will be better with a suppressor.  With using the kit for the the lage uppers, I would worry about lead build up on the barrel.  Plus the longer barrel.  I use my lage upper for 9 and use my factory upper for blasting 22's away.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's the upper that Mike installed the kit in. It has the top rail on it.
http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=M11S-SCS

It runs fine without the can but I almost never shoot it unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here's the upper that Mike installed the kit in. It has the top rail on it.
http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=M11S-SCS

It runs fine without the can but I almost never shoot it unsuppressed.
View Quote
That’s a good looking upper at a fair price. How much did he charge for the custom barrel and adapter work?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#46]
The barrel was not custom just a standard M/11 barrel that he cut the front down to the barrel collar. Then he threaded the barrel liner for the adapter. I think he shortened the liner so it would be flush with the front of the adapter. Rock solid set up.  I supplied the adapter but Mike makes his own now. His adapter is priced about what I paid from another vender. It was less than $300 total best I can remember. It has been a few years though. It would be better to contact him for a quote. He does excellent work. I use a red dot on the rail as the upper does not have a rear sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top