Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2018 8:46:06 AM EDT
Getting ready to buy a optic for my Lage Upper.

My gun will have the collapsible stock and I am worried about proper sight alignment with the stock.

From lages photos looks like I will need to go low.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Just about any height of optic will work, its just a matter of comfort and preference.
Both the wire and folding stock sit a bit lower on an M11 than the top rail so you really dont need to mount a optic higher up like you do on a AR15 which has the top o stock basically level with the top rail.
Keep in mind there isnt much recoil so getting a super solid cheech weld isnt all that necessary.

Video of a Aimpoint T series optic with low profiel mount. The stock is higher up on the shooters cheek
MAXimizing the M-11/9 Sub-Machinegun

Video of a full sized optic at AR15 height. The stock is lower on the shooters cheek
MAC-11 Shockwave ZMAG Review - FULL AUTO

Since my M11 is just a range toy I went with a Holosun HS503GL, but its basically a Aimpoint T1/2 clone.

The only low profile iron sights I know that for sure work with a low profile optic are those sold by lage.  Honestly, I'm not a big fan of them, they are not of the same quality as most lage products.

Mine was crudely milled with a rough finish, it didn't adjust well and the rear lines to show adjustment is a plate screwed on, not lines etched into the sight....this plate can easily move around. The front blade is rather wide and the rear hoop is IMO larger than it needs to be, this combined with the fact that is co-witnessed it basically covers up most of my optic since its only a 20mm window.

Attachment Attached File

One option you might want to look into is HK MP7 folding sights. When down they act as a low profile pistol sight, but can be flip up for better accuracy. With that said I don't know the heights or how it would work with a Aimpoint T type optic. At $300+ for the set I'm hesitant to try, but might pick up a airsoft knock off just to test dimensions.

Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Im not planning on buying any backup sights. Just running a dot sight only. And like you said it will be a range toy. I was just going to get something cheap.

Currently looking at the Vortex Crossfire II and possibly a Vortex pistol sight like the Venom. I really like the Holosuns with the solar panel but for the price I will just stick with Vortex and the VIP warranty.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting on mine to jailbreak but have seen where people have used and liked the cz scorpion irons.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting for my form 4 to come back but have a Vortex Viper RDS sitting on my Lage Max11sk upper at the house. I can post a pic when I get home if you want.

Very happy with the Vortex Razor RDS I run on my MPX sbr.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm still waiting for my form 4 to come back but have a Vortex Viper RDS sitting on my Lage Max11sk upper at the house. I can post a pic when I get home if you want.

Very happy with the Vortex Razor RDS I run on my MPX sbr.
View Quote
If you could it would be appreciated. I’m kinda leaning towards the Cross Fire II at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Still waiting on mine to jailbreak but have seen where people have used and liked the cz scorpion irons.
View Quote
DO you know if the CZ sights are absolute or like a lower 1/3 co-witness with a low profile mounted optic like a aimpoint T series?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

DO you know if the CZ sights are absolute or like a lower 1/3 co-witness with a low profile mounted optic like a aimpoint T series?
View Quote
I have the CZ scorpion sights and a primary arms red dot on my SK upper  and they are absolute cowitness. The scorpion sights are really nice with 4 different sized aperatures. I leave mine on the largest aperture and the rear disappears from sight which makes it nice with the absolute. The CZ sights are pretty high quality IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I was a big fan of the HK height larue mount with a T2 on my Lage upper, with the Lage stock height(lower).
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you could it would be appreciated. I’m kinda leaning towards the Cross Fire II at the moment.
View Quote
Here you go
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm very happy with how my XPS2-0 sits

Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks good. Which stock are you running?
View Quote
I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards this one

Attachment Attached File

Anyone run this Lage stock on your M11/9? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards this one

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/176560/KStock1A-592144.JPG

Anyone run this Lage stock on your M11/9? How do you like it?
View Quote
I use the folding stock on mine. It is noticeable better than the flimsey wire stock it comes with but can't say it's better or worse than the Lage wire stock as I have never tried it. In general the Lage wire stock will have a bit wider cheeck weld while the folding stock is thinner but sits higher. Both are roughly the same length when compacted and per my email to Lage the folding stock weighs 11.4 oz and the wire stock weighs 11 oz.

For me the deciding factor to go with the folding stock was that it looked more tactical haha also you can use the Lage internal gas block with the wire stock and I planned to shoot suppressed the majority of the time and want to minimize gas To the face
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I just threw a cheap bushnell trs25 on mine temporarily and I haven’t seen a reason to replace it because it works so well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Running a Primary Arms red dot on mine. Like others it's just a range toy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Ya I have like 4 Primary Arms red dots I bounce around on different uppers. Nothing super expensive. You aren't shooting a Mac for precision accuracy, its more..."throw death in that general direction"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top