Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2020 1:20:06 PM EDT
since I hate the look of the arrowhead shaped 2-port muzzle brake on a M82A1, can we swap it out with the M107A1 QDL cylindrical 4-port muzzle brake?  I kno that the M107A1 brake is designed to attached a suppressor (not allowed in my state), but looking for an aesthetic improvement.  Any thoughts?

https://store.barrett.net/p-5355-qdl-muzzle-brake-kit.aspx
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely call Barrett. There is a bit of timing involved so you don’t want to end up with a single shot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely call Barrett. There is a bit of timing involved so you don't want to end up with a single shot.
View Quote
Not being a smart ass, trying to learn. Is this because it's delayed recoil system? Different weight, different braking, different springs all combine to cause an issue I guess?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not being a smart ass, trying to learn. Is this because it's delayed recoil system? Different weight, different braking, different springs all combine to cause an issue I guess?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely call Barrett. There is a bit of timing involved so you don't want to end up with a single shot.

I don't pretend to know how it all works just that a lot of thought goes into it. The 82 has a smaller brake than the 99. There needs to be a certain amount of recoil action for everything to work.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
since I hate the look of the arrowhead shaped 2-port muzzle brake on a M82A1, can we swap it out with the M107A1 QDL cylindrical 4-port muzzle brake?  I kno that the M107A1 brake is designed to attached a suppressor (not allowed in my state), but looking for an aesthetic improvement.  Any thoughts?

https://store.barrett.net/p-5355-qdl-muzzle-brake-kit.aspx
View Quote

The link provided by the OP clearly states in BOLD writing that it WON'Twork.

This could be a yes/no thing. Yes it will fit so guy puts one on his M82a1. Later he sells said M82a1 and new buyer see M107a1 muzzle break, buys suppressor for it and blows himself and rifle up. Family sues.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top