Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2018 3:02:33 AM EDT
I am having some failure to extract issues with my m1 carbine. The extractor and extractor spring are in good shape. Maybe 3-5 rounds in 50 will fail to extract. The bolt will remain locked up and it requires a stout yank to open it and then the case comes out.

I'm shooting reloads which are producing 1990 fps av velocity  (military velocity). Using 13.5gr AA9 and wolf primers under a 110gr fmj. If you look at load data you will notice that my load is over spec on charge but wolf primers are a bit cold and require a heavier charge to achieve desired velocities. I have experienced this uniformly in every cartridge I have used these primers in. I'm not seeing any high pressure signs and my chamber is perfect so cases aren't sticking because of that. I have noticed various commercial factory loads are about 100 fps slower than military loads in this gun.

I'm thinking I still may be having pressure issues but I'm not sure. Have any of you experienced this with your carbines? What velocities do you guys get with factory loads or try to achieve with your reloads?
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
No but the factory ammo is also quite a bit slower when compared to military ammo for velocity. I what's frustrating me is why I can't achieve the designed velocity  with out reliability issues.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top