Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Rule of thumb with all surplus military rifles always shoot them before deciding if the barrel is bad. I have had some shaggy looking bores shoot very well
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rule of thumb with all surplus military rifles always shoot them before deciding if the barrel is bad. I have had some shaggy looking bores shoot very well
View Quote
Best advice I have heard on this thread
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you everyone for the advice and education.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The barrel and receiver are not numbers matching. [/url]
View Quote
Barrels and receivers numbers never match.  They are different drawing numbers on each part.  The only thing to be concerned about is the date of the barrel and the date of the receiver based on its serial number if you are a collector.  If you are not a collector, and the barrel is USGI and in good condition don't sweat it.  The only part marked with a serial number on a M1 is the heel of the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Good price, good buy, solid rifle.

Shoot the damn thing -- you might be both pleased and surprised.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top