Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2022 12:38:56 PM EDT
One of my carbines is flat out worn out and I’d like to be able to take my calipers to key points like the bolt lugs and other spots of wear. Which Technical Manual or other source document should I look to for all of the pertinent information needed to determine what parts are worn out?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Possibly TM 9-1276.

You're talking depot level inspection. I found this link.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Possibly TM 9-1276.

You're talking depot level inspection. I found this link.
View Quote

I was diggin through a digital copy of that I found online, I didn’t see the measurements in there for tolerances, just go/no go physical assessments on the slide, maybe that’s all there is to it then. On the bright side I found the proper way to tighten my trigger housing fit to the receiver in there,
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend the book The U.S. .30 Caliber Gas Operated Carbines: A Shop Manual by Jerry Kuhnhausen.  Volume 3 is specific to the M1 Carbine family.  It has lots of great diagrams and specific measurements.  I picked up one off Amazon and it has been a great reference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top