Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2018 3:09:35 PM EDT
Found a M1 Inland  (1943) with a GM barrel (1943) in what appears to be great condition.  I know nothing about the value of these guns, but the condition caught my eye.  I am told it is an Arsenal rebuild.  No rust or pitting, 90% plus on the finish.  Stock may have been refinished.  US bayonet, sling, two magazines with the pouch.  Nothing special and from what I can tell, not matched up well.  Asking in the $1000-$1200 range.  Too much?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
An M1 Carbine?

First, they are all "mix masters" (multiple subcontractors made multiple parts).   Secondly, all M1 carbines except those "brought back" by returning veterans were arsenal rebuilt after the war.

Does it have a sliding aperture rear sight?  Bayonet lug?  What type of safety?

Detailed M1 Carbine Website

But that price is ball-park, depending.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Found a M1 Inland  (1943) with a GM barrel (1943) in what appears to be great condition.  I know nothing about the value of these guns, but the condition caught my eye.  I am told it is an Arsenal rebuild.  No rust or pitting, 90% plus on the finish.  Stock may have been refinished.  US bayonet, sling, two magazines with the pouch.  Nothing special and from what I can tell, not matched up well.  Asking in the $1000-$1200 range.  Too much?  Thanks.
View Quote
Inland's have GM barrels ("Inland Division - General Motors")  - the other "GM" barrels are "Saginaw SG - General Motors" but Saginaw Grand Rapids did not produce barrels - see here.  There was also the Government Free Barrel Program, where barrels made by subcontractors and excess barrels from prime contractors were available to all prime contractors.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I am sorry, it is the CARBINE.  Yes it has the sliding aperture on the rear sight.  Yes it has the bayonet lug.  It is stamped "AA" on the left hand side of the stock right behind the trigger.  It is stamped "P" with no circle on the pistol grip.  The little lever in front of the trigger guard is stamped "E.I." and the mag release has an underlined "M" on it.  It is painted "288" on the bottom of the pistol grip.  REALLY good condition.  Oh ya, the barrel band is stamped "JM"
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
$1000 for condition you describe in this area,   would be about retail,

post war rebuild, good shape, nothing special assuming bore is good,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top