Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2018 10:10:40 PM EDT
Changing to a 3 round burst.  Is the cam attached to the hammer, or do I purchase just the cam along with the disconnector and hammer spring?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You will probably be best served by purchasing a complete M16A2 or M4 fire control group. Almost all parts in the fire control group changed from A1 to A2. The burst cam is different between the M16A2/A4 and the M4.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will probably be best served by purchasing a complete M16A2 or M4 fire control group.
View Quote
Just be sure to keep your old FCG.  That way after a couple of days when you realize the whole burst cam concept in an M16 sucks, you can easily go back to your A1 innards.

-bob
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just be sure to keep your old FCG.  That way after a couple of days when you realize the whole burst cam concept in an M16 sucks, you can easily go back to your A1 innards.

-bob
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

-bob
View Quote
Yep!
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

-bob
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You will probably be best served by purchasing a complete M16A2 or M4 fire control group.

-bob
He could save himself some time, and just order an SSF.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

-bob
View Quote
+6
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a FN burst trigger group I'd sell if you want it. I'd bet it'll only make one or two range trips with you though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
My department is not wanting everyone to have full auto. The weapons are free from the 1033 program.  My compromise as the armorer was the 3 round burst.  It would be cheaper to convert to semi.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My department is not wanting everyone to have full auto. The weapons are free from the 1033 program.  My compromise as the armorer was the 3 round burst.  It would be cheaper to convert to semi.
View Quote
Ah, the rest of the story

Maybe you could consider converting the selected guns to semi-auto only with something like a Geissele SSA (check pricing though), so at least you get a very nice trigger instead of the crappy trigger pull (as I understand it) that comes from installing the burst mechanism.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Very good points.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top