Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2022 9:26:09 PM EDT
I got an Expert last week and when I went to put it back together the guard takes more force than I am willing to use.  This is nice new walnut stock, but I cannot find a tutorial on where to remove wood to make it fit.  This is a really nice rifle and I do not want to mess it up.  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
And this, Gus Fischer Info

Pay close attention to #4 area, it can cause a false tight fit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the CMP website and dig around in the "How to" section of the forum. There is a stock fitting thread or two. There was also a thread within the last few days about a very tight trigger guard lock up. The resounding advise was do not remove wood, use a rubber mallet to close the trigger guard. I cannot find the thread this morning, not enough coffee yet.

Good luck
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!  I wacked it with a wood mallet and it went.  That is obviously what CMP did. I guess the wood is probably swollen from moisture.  My question now is do I carry a mallet when I am in a battle and need to clean it?  
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.
Also works as a 'War hammer' get a big-un
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I just finished the stock on my M1 expert .308 a week ago, and also had to use a mallet to close the trigger guard. A bit nerve-racking, but worked.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just finished the stock on my M1 expert .308 a week ago, and also had to use a mallet to close the trigger guard. A bit nerve-racking, but worked.
View Quote

i used my rubber mallet on mine until i got up the nerve and sanded the stock some
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
You're supposed to smack the trigger guard shut with the butt of the Arisaka that the Tojo you just dropped, just dropped.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I would rather have a tight trigger group than one that doesn’t have any spring when closing. On my match tuned M1’s ‘Hook Boutin’ adjusted it so there was the right amount of spring to it. On one of them he has to add bedding to the trigger channel to make it tight enough to his liking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't remove any wood. The wood will compress over time and then the fit will be loose. Use a rubber mallet to close it.
Jon
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Like others have said use a rubber mallet,hammer whatever you want to call it.DO NOT remove any wood!Things will wear in over time.You definitely want things tight as hell.Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top