Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2018 6:17:46 PM EDT
Since I rarely shoot my Benelli M2 anymore I decided to sell it and get a Saiga clone. The Lynx 12 is impressing me!! After i took it out back and shot a 100rds of mixed shells,with no malfunctions,I decided to spruce it up with some gray Magpul furniture. I also had some extra optics and mounts laying around from old AK projects..Took it to the range today to sight in slugs..got on paper at 25 yds and then shot 5 rds at 75 yds..those are the ones to the right kinda scattered. Made my adjustments and then shot 3 with them all touching,kinda messed up my breathing and shot the other 2..also touching.i'd say thats very accurate for a Chinese knockoff..Then I moved it in to 45yds and shot one shell of #4 buckshot..at 45yds,i'm happy with the spread..I think the target is 18"Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!
Thinking about doing similar with mine. I'm surprised how well this gun feeds and fires. I blasted through another 25rd box of cheap Walmart bulk pack of Federal 7.5 12 gauge ammo. Using the gun to weed wack around the perimeter of my range.

Link Posted: 8/1/2018 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
they really seem to function fine,went thru 75 rds of #4 buck and some cheapo birdshot today,no malfunctions. my new agp mags lock up perfect
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What magazines?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The gun comes with a Chinese 5rd mag that has a metal reinforced rear locking lug.
I found an all plastic SGM Tactical 10rd mag works just fine in my gun.  Long term the SGM being all plastic might have issues.

Another decent review showing the function of the Lynx 12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSftaKPscII
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What magazines?
View Quote
these
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought these..2 sgm's and a promag..would not lock up in my Lynx-12 gotta get rid of them now..hint,hintAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a Saiga 2 round mag?  Or do you have to make your own duck plugs?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought these..2 sgm's and a promag..would not lock up in my Lynx-12 gotta get rid of them now..hint,hinthttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130743/IMG_0408-627120.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I bought these..2 sgm's and a promag..would not lock up in my Lynx-12 gotta get rid of them now..hint,hinthttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130743/IMG_0408-627120.JPG
Weird, the SGM 10rd mag works in mine when inserted with the bolt locked back.

Quoted:
Is there a Saiga 2 round mag?  Or do you have to make your own duck plugs?
http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/SAIGA_12_SUREFIRE_2RD_MAGAZINE_SGM_TACTICAL_AGP_p/sgm-s12-2rd-mag.htm
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool.  You can shorten them and keep the capacity.  Kinda liking how Remington did the 870.

We need a semi-auto that will auto drop empty mags, lock back on the last round, and won't take a full mag on a closed bolt.

Think the ducks will hear the ping?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Going back to the SGM mag - try grasping it a little further down the mag. Mine is weird, looks like won't fit but does depending on how you grasp the mag.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Going back to the SGM mag - try grasping it a little further down the mag. Mine is weird, looks like won't fit but does depending on how you grasp the mag.
View Quote
that was weird,i went back to my 8rd sgm mag and grasped it up high,it rocked right in,repeated 10 times,worked perfectly..tried grasping it farther down and its a no go..strange..the other sgm and promag?..not happening
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#12]
What's the capacity of your other SGM mag?
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I know this thread is old and i was just looking to see if anyone has said anything about these. I bought one earlier this week for $399. Let say if anyone is on the fence with one these just get one. The Chinese just know how to make AK's its that simple. I've been nothin but happy with my lynx or my chinese saiga 12. I've run about 20 rounds of buckshot through mine and 200 rounds of cheapest birdshot from walmart through mine, i did turn the gas down a notch for the buckshot. Even still i pretty much just took the shotgun out of the box lubed it up and and put 220 rounds through it with a couple minor jams from the super cheap birdshot stuff.

I took apart and cleaned it yesterday and there's really not a whole lot of wear going on in the inside. This shotgun is super quality for the money. If someone says otherwise they're just butthurt that their russian saiga didnt run this good out of the box LOL. I had no issues with my SGM 12 round mags they're a little tight but fit no problem and the SDS 10 round mag was also no issue in my gun. The only mag to give me an issue was the 5 round mag it came with the metal tab on the rear of the mag wasn't bent properly so that tab kept coming off while loading it, I bent it back and fits tight on the rear of the mag now.

I dont have any pictures but the rivets on mine are well done and i couldnt be happier for $399.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know this thread is old and i was just looking to see if anyone has said anything about these. I bought one earlier this week for $399. Let say if anyone is on the fence with one these just get one. The Chinese just know how to make AK's its that simple. I've been nothin but happy with my lynx or my chinese saiga 12. I've run about 20 rounds of buckshot through mine and 200 rounds of cheapest birdshot from walmart through mine, i did turn the gas down a notch for the buckshot. Even still i pretty much just took the shotgun out of the box lubed it up and and put 220 rounds through it with a couple minor jams from the super cheap birdshot stuff.

I took apart and cleaned it yesterday and there's really not a whole lot of wear going on in the inside. This shotgun is super quality for the money. If someone says otherwise they're just butthurt that their russian saiga didnt run this good out of the box LOL. I had no issues with my SGM 12 round mags they're a little tight but fit no problem and the SDS 10 round mag was also no issue in my gun. The only mag to give me an issue was the 5 round mag it came with the metal tab on the rear of the mag wasn't bent properly so that tab kept coming off while loading it, I bent it back and fits tight on the rear of the mag now.

I dont have any pictures but the rivets on mine are well done and i couldnt be happier for $399.
View Quote
I had a Lynx 12 and wanted to love it.

The barrel on my example was canted to the right so badly that you had to aim off like 5 ft to hit what you wanted to shoot. I thought it might have been the gas block or bead sight but nope, the barrel was literally hanging off to the right. Hopefully just a lemon though!

I returned it and have been on the hunt for another Lynx since.

However, I'm looking at a JLS example that Academy has. It looks like a USAS-12/AR15 hybrid. Aluminum lower, and upper with AR compatible stock and grip.  Never seen one before but it's also Chinese and looks to be of high quality.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I had a Lynx 12 and wanted to love it.

The barrel on my example was canted to the right so badly that you had to aim off like 5 ft to hit what you wanted to shoot. I thought it might have been the gas block or bead sight but nope, the barrel was literally hanging off to the right. Hopefully just a lemon though!

I returned it and have been on the hunt for another Lynx since.

However, I'm looking at a JLS example that Academy has. It looks like a USAS-12/AR15 hybrid. Aluminum lower, and upper with AR compatible stock and grip.  Never seen one before but it's also Chinese and looks to be of high quality.
View Quote
Mine with buck and birdshot shoots dead straight no issue. I have yet to try slugs it's on the list of things to try and see how it does. I will be buying a Jmac compensator and probably getting some type of rail I can attach to my handguard to attach a vertical grip as well. I'll probably end up buying a whole new handguard though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top