Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2019 2:00:33 PM EST
Has anybody used both? How does the Lucie compare?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:33:00 PM EST
Hi , I have never used PVS 7 , though I used Thales Minie D ( evolution of the Lucie ) quite a lot and tbh honest I think it is a very nice nod due to many things ,

The unit is extremely lightweight , it comes in at 370g ( 13oz.) and it is also extremely flat which means it does not " hang " to the front as much as PVS 7 / 14 / 15. It's pretty comfortable to wear for extensive periods of time , even though the standard issue skullcrusher is pretty shit

The tube inside was also very good , I suspect it to be Photonis XR5 though I'm not 100% sure of this
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 4:59:09 PM EST
Is there even a source for these? Wouldn't mind adding one to the collection, seems nifty. I've only seen a couple get sold, all overseas, so prices were substantially higher than what's routine in the US.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 5:46:42 PM EST
Looks like Will’s Optics has them or can get them.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By txdx:
Is there even a source for these? Wouldn't mind adding one to the collection, seems nifty. I've only seen a couple get sold, all overseas, so prices were substantially higher than what's routine in the US.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 6:37:35 PM EST
That’s what I like about it the compactness. Thinking of getting one vs a -7.

Originally Posted By JB_1:
Hi , I have never used PVS 7 , though I used Thales Minie D ( evolution of the Lucie ) quite a lot and tbh honest I think it is a very nice nod due to many things ,

The unit is extremely lightweight , it comes in at 370g ( 13oz.) and it is also extremely flat which means it does not " hang " to the front as much as PVS 7 / 14 / 15. It's pretty comfortable to wear for extensive periods of time , even though the standard issue skullcrusher is pretty shit

The tube inside was also very good , I suspect it to be Photonis XR5 though I'm not 100% sure of this
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:18:03 AM EST
The one you would really want IMO is the thales Monie - it's a monocular variant instead of a biocular.

The minie-D/IR is pretty slick though, fusion lucie. Wonder what that costs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:15:10 AM EST
Interesting. Thanks for the info

Originally Posted By blackghost:
The one you would really want IMO is the thales Monie - it's a monocular variant instead of a biocular.

The minie-D/IR is pretty slick though, fusion lucie. Wonder what that costs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:35:06 AM EST
Never seen one in the wild. Looks screwy as heck but interesting idea.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:05:22 PM EST
Have you used a Gen 3 PVS-14 or other Gen 3 NVD with -14 optics? If so, how was the wider fov of the Lucie (supposed to be 51 degrees). Curious about edge distortion or the optics in general vs the -14's.

Originally Posted By JB_1:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:42:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By will-1:
Have you used a Gen 3 PVS-14 or other Gen 3 NVD with -14 optics? If so, how was the wider fov of the Lucie (supposed to be 51 degrees). Curious about edge distortion or the optics in general vs the -14's.
View Quote
Indeed the fov is 51 degrees , the optics were very good as there was no edge distortion as far as I remember , the device is made by Thales Angenieux , Angenieux being a manufacturer of very high quality optics for cinema / photography / night vision. So I expect the lenses to be pretty good.

Sadly I do not have enough time behind this type of device to really tell the difference , though I should get a pvs 14ish monocular this week , then i'd be glad to give you my feedback
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:32:21 PM EST
Thanks for the info!
Top Top