Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2018 8:41:19 PM EDT
Just bought a new 16 oz tub of 130-A and it has an expiration date of 06/2023.
Really ?
Really ?
This stuff ain't milk you know.
Dennis
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It's probably just for the aphrodisiac qualities of the lubriplate smell.  I'm sure it lasts longer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought some with a date of 09/2022 couple days ago
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just bought a new 16 oz tub of 130-A and it has an expiration date of 06/2023.
Really ?
Really ?
This stuff ain't milk you know.
Dennis
View Quote
Although I have a tube of the 'regular' Lubriplate, last year I bought the 'low temp' Lubriplate (#L0172-092) for greasing the two M1s (308 & '06) that I routinely keep outside in my unheated garage and use in sub-freezing temps (many times sub-zero temps). No issues thus far.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Lubriplate from WW2 is still in use. Coming to think of it, I vaguely recall reading something about why Lubriplate use a expiration date. They use a different chemical than they once did and it has some sort of life span. I don't know though, and I could be thinking of RIG.

Most likely the expiration date is for when you don't do anything and the product begins to separate. All you have to do is mix it again and it works like the day you bought it.

Just remember not spoil the jar and only use clean stuff to take products out (q-tips, brushes, etc).
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a can that I bought in 1977. Still use it every now and then and it works fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top