Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2021 8:07:31 PM EDT
Working on a later model 60 that has consistent bolt over base malfunctions with cci velocitors.  If I hold the bolt hold open up and out of the way it runs like a top. Any ideas?  I've lightly polished the bolt and hammer, but it is otherwise stock.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
There is 2 springs that connect to the lever. Are they both in place?

There is the small coil spring that hooks on the bottom of it. Then there is a leg that comes off the opposite side of the ejector wire.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
If I recall correctly the lrbho wasn’t in the original design and was added in later, it’s certainly not a robust tier 1 operator proven system.

If you make some pillars you can bolt the barrel and action together without the stock installed and do function checks that way.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I know you're not supposed to run Stingers in a 60 - are Velocitors kosher by the current manual?  Has the bolt buffer been replaced lately?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know you're not supposed to run Stingers in a 60 - are Velocitors kosher by the current manual?  Has the bolt buffer been replaced lately?
View Quote

I never thought of that.  Bolt buffer is in good shape.  This rifle hasn't been fired much.  Ill try some regular winchester HV.  All springs are in place.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The manual specifically says to use high velocity ammo, NOT hyper velocity. I’ve had a 60 for 30+ years now and have tried hyper velocity ammo. IIRC malfunctions and even a cracked buffer was the result.

OP, stick with high velocity tp for testing and see if that helps.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.mcarbo.com/Marlin-60-Owners-Manual.pdf
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks gentlemen. It runs Winchester HV like a top.  It never even popped into my head that velocitors were hyper velocity. It's just what I had sitting there to function check with after detail cleaning a friend's rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top