Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2018 8:12:29 AM EDT
Want to get a 'trade gun' for local matches. Saw this on Loyalist Arms site.

Have seen that Loyalist Arms is one of the highest rated of these imported smoothbore flintlocks. I'm quoting from the Baker Rifle thread:

Originally Posted By @Modern_Outfitters:
I was in the same boat as you.  I spent some time on the phone with Loyalist Arms after researching everything and they assured me that their version was good to go.  Felt much better about purchasing and decided to take the risk.  I am not disappointed.  All of the finishing work and assembly was done by them in house as well as the lock work.  I can't complain about the finished product.  Only took 4 weeks to get it and it shoots great.  Fit and finish are more than satisfactory and I have something no one in my circles has.
View Quote
Basic question is the poll, are the flintlocks from Loyalist Arms good to go or should just sell more plasma to get a Pedersoli?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They are in fact made in India.
That said, I have a Bess from them that I live fire often.
I have a friend that has taken 3 deer with his.

Properly maintained and loaded, there has never been an instance of one blowing up
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My son has had  several. A Brown Bess, a Charliville, and another I can't remember the name of.

The Bess needed to have the frizzen hardened so it would spark more reliably.  But for the cost, they are hard to beat.  He never had any issues or fears with firing them..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top