Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2020 9:25:32 PM EDT
I am having some lowers machined and I am wanting them to be able to accept my RDIASs.  I am nowhere near my AR and RDIAS right now though to measure, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help.  Does anyone have the dimensions needed for a low shelf AR lower?  Or is there another RDIAS owner here that may no as well?  they have a program for the mill for an AR interior, be we just want to double-check and make sure it is to correct SP1 / low shelf specs.  Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am having some lowers machined and I am wanting them to be able to accept my RDIASs.  I am nowhere near my AR and RDIAS right now though to measure, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help.  Does anyone have the dimensions needed for a low shelf AR lower?  Or is there another RDIAS owner here that may no as well?  they have a program for the mill for an AR interior, be we just want to double-check and make sure it is to correct SP1 / low shelf specs.  Thanks everyone!
View Quote

You have come to right place.  There are many helpful people here.  So that we can help, maybe you can provide some greater info.

You use the plural for RDIAS.  Do you have more than one?  These questions seem so unusual that a photo of your form 4 with your name and address redacted might lend some credibility to your query.

What AR do you have that you are not near to measure?  Why is it special?

Who is "they"?  The ones who have a program for the AR interior.

What lower or lowers do you have that need to be milled rather than just buying a new low shelf lower brand new?  Is there something special about them?

Obviously the hive is not responding.  I have and look forward to your responses.

The reason that people don't get involved in these sorts of questions is that they burn up a lot of time and effort and there is a real risk that it is actually Peter Strzok who is asking the questions.  I hope you understand.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xciapup:
 You use the plural for RDIAS.  Do you have more than one?  These questions seem so unusual that a photo of your form 4 with your name and address redacted might lend some credibility to your query.
View Quote

That is Mike, he has his own YouTube channel literally called “Machine Gun Mike”

His transferable MG collection is probably larger than all of the users of this forum combined.

Full auto AR15 - 10.5" - RDIAS - M4-2000 Suppressor (Ep32)
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]

You have come to right place.  There are many helpful people here.  So that we can help, maybe you can provide some greater info.

You use the plural for RDIAS.  Do you have more than one?  These questions seem so unusual that a photo of your form 4 with your name and address redacted might lend some credibility to your query.

What AR do you have that you are not near to measure?  Why is it special?

Who is "they"?  The ones who have a program for the AR interior.

What lower or lowers do you have that need to be milled rather than just buying a new low shelf lower brand new?  Is there something special about them?

Obviously the hive is not responding.  I have and look forward to your responses. 

The reason that people don't get involved in these sorts of questions is that they burn up a lot of time and effort and there is a real risk that it is actually Peter Strzok who is asking the questions.  I hope you understand.

View Quote

you obviously dont know the answer and posted a ton of BS questions.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a low shelf upper (aero) and from the top of the lower to the bottom of my shelf is roughly 15.88mm/.625 inches

M16 manual says .630

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By vertexx:

you obviously dont know the answer and posted a ton of BS questions.
View Quote

Not sure why you are so spiteful.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Not sure why you are so spiteful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

you obviously dont know the answer and posted a ton of BS questions.

Not sure why you are so spiteful.

You clearly had no intention of helping him or steering him in any direction. You asked him to show a copy of his form 4's and various other unhelpful comments and suggestions. I normally would never even respond to comments like yours but it was super frustrating reading your reply and not wanting to build a machine that allows you to punch people in the face over the internet.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is Mike, he has his own YouTube channel literally called "Machine Gun Mike"

His transferable MG collection is probably larger than all of the users of this forum combined.
Not even close,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You use the plural for RDIAS.  Do you have more than one?  These questions seem so unusual that a photo of your form 4 with your name and address redacted might lend some credibility to your query.

That is Mike, he has his own YouTube channel literally called "Machine Gun Mike"

Not even close,

Mike is a good guy, He still needs to buy my BAR mags

believe me there are a few guys a TON of MGs here but are quiet about it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]

You clearly had no intention of helping him or steering him in any direction. You asked him to show a copy of his form 4's and various other unhelpful comments and suggestions. I normally would never even respond to comments like yours but it was super frustrating reading your reply and not wanting to build a machine that allows you to punch people in the face over the internet.
View Quote

I am not a shrink, but I think you have some issues you may want to examine with a professional.

Interestingly enough, I had the original Colt lower drawing from about 30 years ago.  I already sent it to this fellow.  

Done here.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Chas8008:

Mike is a good guy, He still needs to buy my BAR mags

believe me there are a few guys a TON of MGs here but are quiet about it.
View Quote

I’m a small fish in the MG world so I don’t have the best frame of reference for what some consider to be a large collection.

If I could acquire a collection even a tenth of the size of what I’ve seen on his channel I would be satisfied.

Between a mortgage, car payments, and kids I don’t know where ppl come up with the money to buy anything other than entry level priced MGs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depth gauge says 15.88mm which is .625 inches and the m16 manual says .630
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You have come to right place.  - LOL he has been here 9 years.

There are many helpful people here.  - And apparently you are not one of them.

You use the plural for RDIAS.  Do you have more than one?  - Who cares? How is this relevant?

These questions seem so unusual - This question in one form or another gets asked once a month.

that a photo of your form 4 with your name and address. - Only an idiot would post their F4. Likewise for asking.

redacted might lend some credibility to your query - perhaps the best part, MGMike  an 07/02, "needs credibility"

What AR do you have that you are not near to measure? - How does that matter?

What lower or lowers do you have that need to be milled rather than just buying a new low shelf lower brand new?  Is there something special about them? - How is that relevant?

The reason that people don't get involved in these sorts of questions is that they burn up a lot of time and effort and there is a real risk that it is actually Peter Strzok who is asking the questions.  I hope you understand. - There is nothing illegal about telling someone the shelf Height of an SP1.

View Quote

And for the OP, my RDIAS lowers are .620. Sorry I did not see thread before this nonsense.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And for the OP, my RDIAS lowers are .620. Sorry I did not see thread before this nonsense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have come to right place.  - LOL he has been here 9 years.

There are many helpful people here.  - And apparently you are not one of them.

You use the plural for RDIAS.  Do you have more than one?  - Who cares? How is this relevant?

These questions seem so unusual - This question in one form or another gets asked once a month.

that a photo of your form 4 with your name and address. - Only an idiot would post their F4. Likewise for asking.

redacted might lend some credibility to your query - perhaps the best part, MGMike  an 07/02, "needs credibility"

What AR do you have that you are not near to measure? - How does that matter?

What lower or lowers do you have that need to be milled rather than just buying a new low shelf lower brand new?  Is there something special about them? - How is that relevant?

The reason that people don't get involved in these sorts of questions is that they burn up a lot of time and effort and there is a real risk that it is actually Peter Strzok who is asking the questions.  I hope you understand. - There is nothing illegal about telling someone the shelf Height of an SP1.

Wow.  All my mistake for getting involved.  Probably not going to do this again.  I really had no idea of the venom and spite that would result.  

The person who first asked the question, and has not returned to the thread, was unknown to me.  No one else had responded to him in 6 days.  I was trying to sort this out the best I could.  My guess was that no one else would respond because RDIAS owners already understand these issues.  I don't like talking to posers or cops about NFA issues so a redacted F4 would take this issue off the table.  Redacted F4s are sometimes posted, and not just by idiots.

I own two sears, the first I purchased over 30 years ago.  I have helped a lot of people with these same issues and a lot of people have helped me.  I could talk about variances in sear body dimensions and how two RDIAS might not both work in the same lower.  Knowing if a guy owns two sear bodies is relevant.  I could talk about how to shim them, or better yet how to mill a specific lower for a specific sear body so that the body does not wear and there is no need to shim.  I could talk about why milling certain lowers does not make financial sense.  I could help on many aspects, but I think I will stop at just forwarding the original Colt drawing which, in this thread so far, contains the only dimensions a machinist could use for this project.

Sort of a sad conclusion.

Really kind of depressing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wow.  All my mistake for getting involved.  Probably not going to do this again.  I really had no idea of the venom and spite that would result.  

The person who first asked the question, and has not returned to the thread, was unknown to me.  No one else had responded to him in 6 days.  I was trying to sort this out the best I could.  My guess was that no one else would respond because RDIAS owners already understand these issues.  I don't like talking to posers or cops about NFA issues so a redacted F4 would take this issue off the table.  Redacted F4s are sometimes posted, and not just by idiots.

I own two sears, the first I purchased over 30 years ago.  I have helped a lot of people with these same issues and a lot of people have helped me.  I could talk about variances in sear body dimensions and how two RDIAS might not both work in the same lower.  Knowing if a guy owns two sear bodies is relevant.  I could talk about how to shim them, or better yet how to mill a specific lower for a specific sear body so that the body does not wear and there is no need to shim.  I could talk about why milling certain lowers does not make financial sense.  I could help on many aspects, but I think I will stop at just forwarding the original Colt drawing which, in this thread so far, contains the only dimensions a machinist could use for this project.

Sort of a sad conclusion.

Really kind of depressing.
View Quote

You are not the victim here. Your post provided zero value and you got called out for it by two separate people. Go back and read it a couple times from the perspective of someone you don't know on the other side of the US/world.

You could of publicly posted the colt drawings, instead you chose to publicly be a douche canoe and then state you privately sent the colt drawing after being called out for being a douche.

Then you come back crying about how the internet is mean and it's a terrible day for society because you are so helpful and being shamed for it, then make comments about posers and cops.

If you still really think you were being helpful in this thread then you should probably keep your helpful thoughts and comments to yourself and be a read only member.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have come to right place.  There are many helpful people here.  So that we can help, maybe you can provide some greater info.

What AR do you have that you are not near to measure?  Why is it special?

Who is "they"?  The ones who have a program for the AR interior.

What lower or lowers do you have that need to be milled rather than just buying a new low shelf lower brand new?  Is there something special about them?

Obviously the hive is not responding.  I have and look forward to your responses.

The reason that people don't get involved in these sorts of questions is that they burn up a lot of time and effort and there is a real risk that it is actually Peter Strzok who is asking the questions.  I hope you understand.

View Quote

Go back to GD.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a low shelf upper (aero) and from the top of the lower to the bottom of my shelf is roughly 15.88mm/.625 inches

M16 manual says .630

View Quote

Thank you very much for the strait forward answer.  That’s all I needed to double check.  I thought it was .630, but it’s been YEARS since I needed this information.  Thank you for the answer and help!  Take care.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:21:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I honestly don’t post most of what I own, like my Type 1 FG42.  Gotta keep some stuff secretive.  ??

On another note, am I supposed to buy mags from you?  If so, sorry.  I must have forgot.  How much and how many?  Sorry again.  Message me.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hahaha.  Your post made my day.  Thank you!

Only thing....I’m not a dealer anymore.  I got out a while ago.  While it was fun, it didn’t really benefit me much since everything I own is mine anyways, and it just took up too much time for me personally.  It’s better just being a collector again now!  ??
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:29:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks everyone for the responses.  I’m not on here often, but have the answer I needed.  Plus I got some great entertainment.  ??
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I honestly don't post most of what I own, like my Type 1 FG42.  Gotta keep some stuff secretive.  

On another note, am I supposed to buy mags from you?  If so, sorry.  I must have forgot.  How much and how many?  Sorry again.  Message me.  Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly don't post most of what I own, like my Type 1 FG42.  Gotta keep some stuff secretive.  

Mike you are fine. IM sent
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top