Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2018 11:53:42 PM EDT
Recently acquired a JLD PTR 91.
Sweet shooter, want to add an optic, looking at a low profile mount, not dropping the $$ for a claw mount.
This is a range toy, max distances of 500yd and less.
Was looking at this mount, anyone have experience with this one, or similar?
All input & feedback is appreciated.
low pro mount
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the same decision to make a couple of years ago for my Greek sar 8 and originally went with the MFI...
Sold it and bought a B&T and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same decision to make a couple of years ago for my Greek sar 8 and originally went with the MFI...
Sold it and bought a B&T and couldn't be happier.
View Quote
I looked into both the MFI and the FAB defense mounts, FAB ships in 6-8 weeks ( I'm not that patient ) and read some not so good stuff on the MFI.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you dislike about it?
As for the B&T, did you go with the universal or low profile?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Brugger and Thomet BT-211629
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 2:47:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I looked into both the MFI and the FAB defense mounts, FAB ships in 6-8 weeks ( I'm not that patient ) and read some not so good stuff on the MFI.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you dislike about it?
As for the B&T, did you go with the universal or low profile?
View Quote
Sorry for the late response, I forgot I posted in this thread.
I went with the low profile extended mount. I figured if it was good enough for the AG3 rifle it'd be good enough for me, plus it just looks awesome lol!
I originally had an hk port buffer on my rifle and I thought the MFI would sit just high enough to clear it and it appeared it did as it seemed to mount up fine and all but I couldn't hardly get my scope zeroed(scope almost bottomed out in elevation just to zero). The bottom of the mount was barely touching the top of the buffer so I removed the buffer but it didn't help any. It might have been just a one off, bad mount/lemon, but I didn't want to chance another one. Bought the B&T and didn't have to use nearly the vertical adjustment to zero the scope.
Hope this helped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top