Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2018 2:19:17 PM EDT
So I moved and had a few boxes of “important papers” ended up having a flood in the basement and I’m fairly certain it ended up getting tossed.
So I call the NFA and they say I need to email them my request and that they will send a copy in the mail.
So I follow their instructions to the letter.
I get a form in the mail to update my address. No copy of anything. I was under the impression that I didn’t need to update my address with them unless I moved across state lines?  Am I wrong?  
What should I do?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you lost the form and you moved...they probably need an updated address with new form you will get...I don't see why it would be a problem to fill that out and send it back.

Your old approved form will be voided with your old address...
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
In this type of situation, you should update your address as well as request a copy of your stamp.  You have a compound situation going on now, just get it all taken care of.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Fill out the form so they can send you the copy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#5]
and when you get the replacement form, store multiple copies in multiple places. I also keep a scanned copy on my phone, and spare copies in the safe at my trustee's house.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
You will have to send a 5320 form in to get a certified copy at a address that is not on the form4. I had to do this when they lost my original in the mail and I moved the same time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top