Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 5:35:42 PM EDT
I was messing around in my gun room and decided to toss a magpul STR (milspec) stock on my MR556 to see how I liked it.  Went on fine but when it was locked down there was still a bit of movement.  Is this normal?  I thought that the RE was milspec sized on the HK?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The OEM HK MR556 receiver extension typically has two adjustable ball detents that can be extended or retracted to eliminate rotational play.  Have you tried to adjust them?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The OEM HK MR556 receiver extension typically has two adjustable ball detents that can be extended or retracted to eliminate rotational play.  Have you tried to adjust them?
View Quote
I saw those....I did not know that they could be adjusted.  I thought they were there for smoother operation.  How do they adjust?  I have an E1 stock on it and that locks tight of course when I screw it down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They are there to tighten up (or loosen) the fit between the rail on the tube and the width of the cut for the rail in the stock.  Basically, the idea is to extend them, or retract them (which ever way the stock cutout requires) so there is enough pressure from the detents on the stock to enable it to slide successfully on the tube without any wobble between the two parts.  I forget the size of the hex wrench that you need to move them, but you can figure it out with a little bit of trial and error.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are there to tighten up (or loosen) the fit between the rail on the tube and the width of the cut for the rail in the stock.  Basically, the idea is to extend them, or retract them (which ever way the stock cutout requires) so there is enough pressure from the detents on the stock to enable it to slide successfully on the tube without any wobble between the two parts.  I forget the size of the hex wrench that you need to move them, but you can figure it out with a little bit of trial and error.
View Quote
Thanks!  I will check that out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top