Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2020 12:45:09 PM EDT
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/04/13/miami-beach-police-department/
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the annoying things about the GWOT and various tactical outgrowths in the gear world, is that local PDs come up with some hokey crap to buy and use.  From 7 inch ARs to the cheapest crappy plate carriers money can buy...it's going to show up.  

There was a show, not to long ago, about a major metro PD SWAT team doing entry work with 4X ACOGs that they talked about Zeroing at 7 yards...  I can't even begin to describe the multiple layers of stupid that flowed from their "gun guy"...

It pains me to say it, but most guys would be better with a basic Colt M4 and a KAC rail with an Aimpoint, sling, and flashlight...and nothing else.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, isn't that a cute gun.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It pains me to say it, but most guys would be better with a basic Colt M4 and a KAC rail with an Aimpoint, sling, and flashlight...and nothing else.  

View Quote

I agree; use the KISS principle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Just to be clear, there are 3 lowers, the std which uses B&T mags, what I have, the glock mag and the Sig mag.  I assume that dept uses Sig 320s.  

Army is using the K version.

To be honest, I love my ACP9 right with the MP5.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]
That first comment from the supposed chief . These will be perfect for the motor units, they were issued mk18’s that take up an entire saddle bag.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Spring Break 2021 is gonna be LIT!

Only one attempted regime kill this year, and the guy lived.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That first comment from the supposed chief . These will be perfect for the motor units, they were issued mk18’s that take up an entire saddle bag.
View Quote

Tempe PD in AZ and maybe they Highway Patrol just put them in a rack on the end of their cycles...
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
These could be a good option for SWAT medics.  It could fill the same role used by the MP5K in being compact and easily incorporated into the kit.  The APC9K has the benefit of being a smaller profile without the side folding stock.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tempe PD in AZ and maybe they Highway Patrol just put them in a rack on the end of their cycles...
View Quote

That will scare all the Karen’s and tourist, heck they weren’t allowed to wear plate carriers during memorial weekend which is a Wild West because they didn’t want to scare people.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One of the annoying things about the GWOT and various tactical outgrowths in the gear world, is that local PDs come up with some hokey crap to buy and use.  From 7 inch ARs to the cheapest crappy plate carriers money can buy...it's going to show up.  

There was a show, not to long ago, about a major metro PD SWAT team doing entry work with 4X ACOGs that they talked about Zeroing at 7 yards...  I can't even begin to describe the multiple layers of stupid that flowed from their "gun guy"...

View Quote

You do realize that the same stupid morons that infect this forum and the far reaches of the internet are probably the same idiots in Police Departments making retarded policy decisions that are nowhere near grounded in reality?

My personal opinion is that if a civilian can find a need for a particular firearm, the same can be said for a civilian police officer.  I'm sure those guns will end up in the saddlebag of a motors unit which is a pretty decent option considering the relative bulk of even a folding, 10.5 inch AR15.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#11]
The PCC has a role within PDs that, unfortunately, has fallen by the wayside with the advent and common nature of the AR platform.  There are tons of good uses for PCCs in LE, even paired with standard ARs.  

SROs, motors, medics, house clearing where a 223 would be overkill are all great examples.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top