Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:02:00 AM EDT
What are my options?  It looks like the barrel is too skinny for a proper 1/2 x 28 thread.  I'm assuming some type of custom adapter is pretty much my only option.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.  Thanks yall!

Edit: it's a .32 ACP (guess that might be kinda important...)
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s still early so bear with me
My Vz61 is threaded 1/2x28 so I should be able to slap a 3 lug on there.
Mine is 9mmMak though. What’s yours?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is unthreaded and in .32 ACP, it should have a raised ridge / shoulder on the barrel about a finger width away from the receiver.

The original silencers would lock on the raised ridge / shoulder. I think there is an outfit that makes silencers that use that collet lock mount, I ended up just making my own as a form 1.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought about it and tried one, but it changed to look so much, that I just went direct thread.

Just IMO.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
What is your thread pitch?  I recall reading somewhere that with the .32 barrel there isn't enough to work with to thread it 1/2 x 28.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I threaded mine 7/16-28 and then internally threaded the front of the In Lead We Trust 3-lug to fit it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is your thread pitch?  I recall reading somewhere that with the .32 barrel there isn't enough to work with to thread it 1/2 x 28.
View Quote
If asking about mine, it is 1/2" x 28, I bought the threaded barrel version VZ61 from Czechpoint
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top