BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not every unit coming from DSA is junk. Plenty of them run fine right out of the box.
View Quote

Never heard that DSA SA-58s were junk. My circa 2012 SA58 16" short gas system Tactical Carbine (bought new) runs like a raped ape with any type of ammo, even cheap steel cased ammo.

Unlike my Century R1A1 which looked cool but would hard feed anything reliably. The angry beavers at Century FUBAR'd the feed ramps.

I think part of the problem with FALs of any type is some users may not know how to correctly adjust the gas system. You should be able to go from single shot, to soft shooter, to chopping wood by dialing up your gas properly for the ammo, conditions, state of cleanliness and desired recoil and ejection pattern.

There are options on a FAL.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSA fal mags suck.  You are better off with surplus mags.  Heck even thermold mags are better than DSA mags.
View Quote

My DSA metal mags feed fine, but don't drop free or load super easily like my european metric surplus mags. I would like to try the new Fusion polymer mags, but I was disappointed that they have plastic lugs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top