Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2023 11:22:41 PM EDT
Looking to get into cans. Mostly shoot 556, 9mm and 22. Leaning on the omega 36m due to a buddy having one and a 22lr can as well. I'd just like something that does most things decent to start and go from there. I will eventually go dedicated 556 cans I just can't decide where to start. So what are your do all recommended suppressors. Throw in 22lr recommendations too. Main rifles I shoot right now are 556. 14.5-16", cz scorpion 9mm. Glock 9mm and 22lr and a 14.5" ar 22lr. My future plans are to take my electronic fingerprints and form 1 some ars as well probably in the 11.5" range. I've also been looking hard at griffins lineup as I am a WI resident and would like to support them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in the same boat a few years back. Ended up getting a sandman and then a year later a mask. Very happy with both
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking to get into cans. Mostly shoot 556, 9mm and 22. Leaning on the omega 36m due to a buddy having one and a 22lr can as well. I'd just like something that does most things decent to start and go from there. I will eventually go dedicated 556 cans I just can't decide where to start. So what are your do all recommended suppressors. Throw in 22lr recommendations too. Main rifles I shoot right now are 556. 14.5-16", cz scorpion 9mm. Glock 9mm and 22lr and a 14.5" ar 22lr. My future plans are to take my electronic fingerprints and form 1 some ars as well probably in the 11.5" range. I've also been looking hard at griffins lineup as I am a WI resident and would like to support them.
View Quote

An Omega 36M is not a 30 caliber can. You’re in for a fun time if you do buy a 30 caliber can and decide to shoot 9mm through it.

The only thing do all cans tend to do well is disappoint.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Sandman-S
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been very happy with my Sandman-S. I use the 5.56 flash hider end cap and it’s preformed great for me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:41:26 AM EDT
[#5]
First off, whatever you get for a .30, get a dedicated rimfire can. The Mask is popular for good reason. I’ve got a  Silencerco Warlock and Specter. The Warlock sounds great, weighs 3oz and cost less than the stamp.

As far as the .30 cal, I spent months deciding what to get for similar purposes. I wanted something capable of handling 7.5-16” 5.56 and .308 AR10 and bolt gun. I ended up buying a Rugged Radiant 7.62. No minimum barrel length, modular with a 5.1” K configuration and a 7.5” full length. Lighter than most direct thread 5.56 cans and low back pressure.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:20:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, get a .30cal can.  I don’t really have an opinion on which one.
I was kind of in the same boat and went with a Saker762 about 10yrs ago.  I didn’t care that it wasn’t the lightest etc, it checked the most boxes and it’s versatile. It’ll do direct thread, QD, full-auto, all fine.  That’s what I wanted and it will handle 5.7 up to 300wm for probably my whole life.  I didn’t want to buy a bunch of different cans. The vast majority of it’s use is on a .223 bolt gun with a DT module for hunting.

I already had a SiCo sparrow for rimfire.

I have a Rad45 in jail

rifle, rimfire, pistol.  That’s all I need.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I started with YHM 30 cal, still going ten years later.  One RE-core and repair gratis from YHM.  Not the lightest or quietest, but great mount system and built like tanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Rugged Surge
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#9]
For a .22lr can, get an EA Nyx.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
That's my opinion as well.

At absolute minimum most of us need a rifle can, a pistol can and a rimfire can.

A good lightweight 30cal can like the Griffin Explorr 300 or Flow 7.62 could handle everything from 5.56 to 308. You don't need an overbuilt 15+oz rifle can out at the end of your barrel. I prefer under 12oz.

A good 9mm can like the CGS Mod 9 or TBAC Fly 9 could do 9mm pistols and PCCs (CGS Nautilus or Fly 45 if you want to suppress calibers that start with a 4)  Again, light weight is good. Pistol suppressors are awkward enough even when they are light.

For 22LR you can't go wrong with the EA Nyx, Rugged Mustang or Sico Warlock.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I would not recommend a Sandman of any flavor unless you have a full auto, then maybe. Heavy, not that quiet, locks you into Keymo mounts, which is one of the longest, heaviest, and most expensive mounting system out there, etc. Lots of better choices.

ETA: do some research over at Pew Science. The Hux Flow 762TI is the latest hotness and seems ideal on paper if any semi-automatic platforms are in your arsenal, but it literally just came out, so who knows in terms of hands-on experience.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
My recommendation is that 3 cans are all you need.

A good .30 cal can like the DA Nomad 30 for 7.62 and 5.56
A good pistol can like the Rugged Obsidian 9 or 45 for pistols and PCCs
A good rimfire can for .22lr like a Rugged Oculus or Dead Air Mask

Done
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Capitol Armory can ship to your door, so if you're looking for something that isn't stocked locally, you have options.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/blog/direct-to-your-door-nationwide-shipping.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

An Omega 36M is not a 30 caliber can. You’re in for a fun time if you do buy a 30 caliber can and decide to shoot 9mm through it.

View Quote

You are disappointed with all the suppressors you have? What suppressors are you using?

Also, there are some 30 cal marked/marketed suppressors that will clear a 9mm alignment rod
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You are disappointed with all the suppressors you have? What suppressors are you using?

Also, there are some 30 cal marked/marketed suppressors that will clear a 9mm alignment rod
View Quote

I said do all cans are disappointing. Not all cans are disappointing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had to read that twice to understand what you meant. "Jack of all trades, master of none" can apply to suppressors as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys aren't making this any easier! ?? So just pick one or two and just go with it. Got it. ??  I'll do some more research on the cans presented and come back with some more questions.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You guys aren't making this any easier!  So just pick one or two and just go with it. Got it.   I'll do some more research on the cans presented and come back with some more questions.
View Quote
You can get away with a serviceable 9mm can for 22LR for a while until you pick up a proper 22LR can. You'll just need a fixed mount and you'll need to clean it often (you don't want lead and heavy carbon building up in it, especially the piston assembly).

I used my CGS Kraken for 22LR for a couple years and still use my DA Odessa as a 22LR can a lot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I am going to get a 22lr can for sure. Just deciding on a 36 for some 556 and 9mm fun.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not the most experienced in the suppressor world but if I were going to pick one .30 can right now it would be either the Explorr 300 or a Nomad Ti.

I am quite fond of my standard Nomad.

And probably an EA Nyx even though I don't own one... yet
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#22]
In 2020 I bought a Mask, a Wolfman and a YHM Resonator K.

I wish I would have bought a Nomad Ti instead of a Resonator and a Wolfman. Shooting a 9mm blowback suppressed is a bit dissapointing…. I wish I just had a quieter/lighter .308 can.

If I was in the market today, I think I would take a hard look at the Aero Lahar 30 and the Diligent Defense Enticer S Ti.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You guys aren't making this any easier! ?? So just pick one or two and just go with it. Got it. ??  I'll do some more research on the cans presented and come back with some more questions.
View Quote

If you're starting with griffin, I'd look at the explorr 30 that can cover all your rifles. The optimus micro is a good pair because it can cover 5.56 and 22lr. and then something seperate for 9mm.

I've found I shoot centerfire rifle and 22lr the most and my PCC stuff mostly gets left in the safe.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

@stevos758

Hybrid 46

https://libertysportandpawn.com/product/sco-hybrid-46-fde

Bought mine for 550.00 before 20.00 shipping in febuary

Thinks it 585.00 from them now
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mostly agree but I like my YHM R9 enough I have two, but neither is used on a pistol.
One is on a 350 legend, other on a 9mm PCC.
Centerfire pistols are not the great with a suppressor, I bought a Sico Maxim to solve that.
22lr pistols suppressed are awesome.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've found I shoot centerfire rifle and 22lr the most and my PCC stuff mostly gets left in the safe.
View Quote

I’m in the same boat.  I very rarely shoot my pcc or pistols suppressed anymore.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I’m in the same boat.  I very rarely shoot my pcc or pistols suppressed anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly ^
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Well. Silerco has the BOGO sale again so might just go for that to start.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well. Silerco has the BOGO sale again so might just go for that to start.
View Quote

its a good start but be prepared for 2 years at least for the freebie.

I've still got cans in jail from last years BOGO. Don't expect the free one to ship unit at least your first stamp is approved. so you're likely be waiting for them in series.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

its a good start but be prepared for 2 years at least for the freebie.

I've still got cans in jail from last years BOGO. Don't expect the free one to ship unit at least your first stamp is approved. so you're likely be waiting for them in series.
View Quote
Yeah, I just ordered a Warlock.  I didn't feel like buying something else, choosing the Warlock as a freebie, then dealing with the drama.

Waiting 270 days on the AFT is long enough, I don't want to wait any longer. The money saved will be long forgotten by then.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Joe Bobs email flyer just had the 36M on sale for $799 with a free .22 can.

Just paid for a 36M a week and a half ago. $925
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]
36M is a great starting point OP. Just know that you’ll be buying a lot more.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Joe Bobs email flyer just had the 36M on sale for $799 with a free .22 can.

Just paid for a 36M a week and a half ago. $925
View Quote

Welcome to the wonderful world of suppressors, where there are always deals coming and going constantly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I was in the same boat a year ago.

I ended up getting a YHM Resonator R3 for .30 cal, a YHM R9 for 9mm PCC and Pistol, .350 legend, maybe .300 BLK or 5.56, and a Hansohn Brothers Mod F4 for .22 LR.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

At absolute minimum most of us need a rifle can, a pistol can and a rimfire can.

A good lightweight 30cal can like the Griffin Explorr 300 or Flow 7.62 could handle everything from 5.56 to 308. You don't need an overbuilt 15+oz rifle can out at the end of your barrel. I prefer under 12oz.

A good 9mm can like the CGS Mod 9 or TBAC Fly 9 could do 9mm pistols and PCCs (CGS Nautilus or Fly 45 if you want to suppress calibers that start with a 4)  Again, light weight is good. Pistol suppressors are awkward enough even when they are light.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I let a buddy shoot my Hybrid-46 with .46 front cap on a Griffin A2 mount on his 12.5 carbine gas 5.56.  The loudest part was the sonic crack down range. Sounded more like an unsuppressed rimfire rifle shooting supers. Gas wasn’t bad. Didn’t need to worry about FH alignment. No noticeable zero shift on soda cans at 40 yards.

I bought it as a fill-in can but it excels on AKs, sub-calibers with shitty thread jobs, subguns, and does decently for its size on big bore cartridges.  SiCo marketing the Hybrid-46 among their pistol cans is ill conceived. In my experience 80% of Hybrid owners are satisfied with utility & performance. I don’t recommend as a first can because gumby users often have unrealistic expectations, or worry about refined sound comparisons that few have access to.  

Agreed on the rimfire recommendations. Rimfire, like 9mm, is pretty easy to suppress, but with the $200 stamp-rape it’s best to buy quality from any of the market leaders.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I let a buddy shoot my Hybrid-46 with .46 front cap on a Griffin A2 mount on his 12.5 carbine gas 5.56.  The loudest part was the sonic crack down range. Sounded more like an unsuppressed rimfire rifle shooting supers. Gas wasn't bad. Didn't need to worry about FH alignment. No noticeable zero shift on soda cans at 40 yards.

I bought it as a fill-in can but it excels on AKs, sub-calibers with shitty thread jobs, subguns, and does decently for its size on big bore cartridges.  SiCo marketing the Hybrid-46 among their pistol cans is ill conceived. In my experience 80% of Hybrid owners are satisfied with utility & performance. I don't recommend as a first can because gumby users often have unrealistic expectations, or worry about refined sound comparisons that few have access to.  
View Quote
I don't recommend as an only can either, but I thought about using one of those big bore cans for my AKs as well. A lot of them are a heck of a lot lighter than the Wolverine.

@KalmanPhilter  Are you using the Hybrid 46 or Hybrid 46M? How are you adapting it to your AKs?  I don't see an 14x1LH adapters for it.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Hybrid-46.  The 46M is a better made can without the annoying titanium sleeve that can loosen, but you give up bravo rear mount threads.

I got lucky with a griffin minimalist flash hider on an AMD-63 barrel.  They had(have) a 14 x1 version.  

A buddy uses this adapter on his AK (don’t remember variety, it’s got all Magpul furniture on it, looks like a PSA but could have started life in the salt mines somewheres):

https://www.griffinarmament.com/suppressor-thread-adapters-to-5-8x24/
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hybrid-46.  The 46M is a better made can without the annoying titanium sleeve that can loosen, but you give up bravo rear mount threads.

I got lucky with a griffin minimalist flash hider on an AMD-63 barrel.  They had(have) a 14 x1 version.
View Quote
Oh, OK so you are using Griffin Plan A. I always get confused about Sico's mounting systems. So Bravo=HUB then.

I actually have one of those flash suppressors too.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Apt is scheduled at local shop. Going to grab an Omega 46M, 36M, get the free Omega 300 and warlock and get a dead air mask. I think that will about cover most of my needs for the time being. I'm sure this will only lead to many more purchases.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#40]
I have the silencer co omega and Hybrid45.
Really wish the 36 m was available at the time. I’ll probably end up getting a Yhm R9 for use on the pcc’s and just put a 30 cal cap on the hybrid.
No matter what you get, you’ll get something else later.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Apt is scheduled at local shop. Going to grab an Omega 46M, 36M, get the free Omega 300 and warlock and get a dead air mask. I think that will about cover most of my needs for the time being. I'm sure this will only lead to many more purchases.
View Quote

Holy shit!  That's a hell of a start into the suppressor world!  No experience with any of the others, but I love my DA Mask.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That should do the trick
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, They talked me into a Velos LBP instead of a 36m. So I have a 46M, Velos LBP, Dead Air mask forms submitted, Then the Omega 300 and warlock from the BOGO deal I will have to go back in and submit when the times comes. I also have 6 fingerprint cards to send in for SBRs now. Also walked out with a ruger mark IV 22/45. It was an expensive day but I will forget about it by the time the cans arrive.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, They talked me into a Velos LBP instead of a 36m. So I have a 46M, Velos LBP, Dead Air mask forms submitted, Then the Omega 300 and warlock from the BOGO deal I will have to go back in and submit when the times comes. I also have 6 fingerprint cards to send in for SBRs now. Also walked out with a ruger mark IV 22/45. It was an expensive day but I will forget about it by the time the cans arrive.
View Quote

That’s a good haul!

I just recognized your avatar! Assuming it’s your company or your work for them. Great products! I had to exercise restraint because I really want some of that Ti hardware that just dropped.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Hybrid 46

It’ll handle anything
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Haha! Thanks! Yes it is! The new hardware is turning out great. Hoping to get things in line this year so I can venture out more into the firearm world. ??
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 1:26:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Haha! Thanks! Yes it is! The new hardware is turning out great. Hoping to get things in line this year so I can venture out more into the firearm world. ??
View Quote

I’m going to order some eventually, but we got other priorities at home right now. I had some dragons blood skinny’s in the cart and it was tough not to hit the check out! Can’t wait to see what’s to come!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top