Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2021 10:15:46 PM EDT
I’m looking to get a plate carrier. I’ve been reading all of the threads about carriers and it can be overwhelming. I really like the JPC 2.0 maritime. My reasoning is thinking back to Hurricane Katrina and more recently our great flood, so possibly dealing with lots of water where it shouldn’t be. I like the idea of water draining out quickly plus being overall cooler in our humid environment. I like the price point of the Midwest Armor LEAP carrier and it appears very similar to the JPC.

Is there a good website I should be looking at or straight from the manufacturer? I have seen some JPC’s in the EE, and they’re pretty pricey in my opinion.

https://midwestarmor.com/products/leap-molle-carrier/
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Spiritus Systems if you want another choice for a maritime carrier.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the Crye SPC would be a better option than both. It's more or less a JPC 3.0, and is excellent, and is made of a laminate that doesn't absorb water. The LEAP has poorly designed shoulder straps, while the JPC family has literally the best on the market, even ten years after its initial introduction.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#3]
@HEdad  You're going to want to set a budget for plates & carrier) and then go from there.  If you really want to not hold water a Blue Force Gear Plateminus with just the side straps would probably work pretty well for you and it'd be breathable.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@HEdad  You're going to want to set a budget for plates & carrier) and then go from there.  If you really want to not hold water a Blue Force Gear Plateminus with just the side straps would probably work pretty well for you and it'd be breathable.
View Quote

I'd really like to stay $400-500 with carrier and plates. I've looked at the LAPG low vis carrier and decided I'd like something a little more rugged. I'm nowhere near operator status, but I would like my gear to hold up period. So from what I've found, the Crye stuff is top notch and has a decent price. I'd like to get in on these Hesco plate deals and in the future upgrade as needed. The over the beach rig from Spiritus looks intriguing as well. I have not been able to find Blue Force carriers, is there a site you would recommend?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think the Crye SPC would be a better option than both. It's more or less a JPC 3.0, and is excellent, and is made of a laminate that doesn't absorb water. The LEAP has poorly designed shoulder straps, while the JPC family has literally the best on the market, even ten years after its initial introduction.
View Quote

Thanks! I do like that setup quite a bit. I'm not sure what is going on, but I cannot get on Crye's site at all today. Is there a site you recommend to purchase from?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd really like to stay $400-500 with carrier and plates. I've looked at the LAPG low vis carrier and decided I'd like something a little more rugged. I'm nowhere near operator status, but I would like my gear to hold up period. So from what I've found, the Crye stuff is top notch and has a decent price. I'd like to get in on these Hesco plate deals and in the future upgrade as needed. The over the beach rig from Spiritus looks intriguing as well. I have not been able to find Blue Force carriers, is there a site you would recommend?
View Quote

Blue force has medium black in stock now.  The EE is probably the best place to get a decent carrier for a good price.  

https://www.blueforcegear.com/plateminus-plate-carrier-3

For plates you might want to go Hesco L210s which I think Kota Outfitters still has for $250ish or the Militech RF2 that @Buffman_LT1 did some testing on, I bought a set after checking out his video.  They’re both in the same price range but the RF2 seem to have better protection rating.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks! I do like that setup quite a bit. I'm not sure what is going on, but I cannot get on Crye's site at all today. Is there a site you recommend to purchase from?
View Quote

Evike

Airsoft site but they sell legit crye stuff
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the website lead. The prices on carriers seem to match up with what I’ve seen elsewhere. I’m really hesitant to buy things online still in this day and age
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thank you for the website lead. The prices on carriers seem to match up with what I’ve seen elsewhere. I’m really hesitant to buy things online still in this day and age
View Quote

Crye's website is down because they're undergoing a website update. You can still order over the phone.

Ordering online has been the bezt thing to happen to consumers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top