Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't reload and love to shoot cans on a PCC so no flat nose ammo is a deal killer for me.

I really wanted a B&T gun for the longest time, but they missed their window on the PCC market.  I might buy one just to say I did, but I would go pistol brace since i don't want to be married to it like an SBR....
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't reload and love to shoot cans on a PCC so no flat nose ammo is a deal killer for me.

I really wanted a B&T gun for the longest time, but they missed their window on the PCC market.  I might buy one just to say I did, but I would go pistol brace since i don't want to be married to it like an SBR....
View Quote
Sounds like they fixed that issue
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If you watch MAC's video his had no issues and he even mentioned B&T will modify if you happen to get one that doesn't feed those types of ammo properly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat, waiting to see what the braces look like. SB Tactical's brace is supposed to be out in a couple more months, Dakota Tactical posted this "top secret" photo on their Instagram of their supposed folding brace.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/IMG_1063-359339.JPG
View Quote
I am a little concerned with the disclaimer on DTs website that mentions it doesn't lock in the forward position. I just ordered my GHM9 and should be picking up tomorrow. I think I may try Tech Smith Manufacturing's option if this is the case. It has solid reviews from what I have seen on their page.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't physically seen either of the braces in person. I do have several of the stocks. The stocks fold right next to/touch the receiver with a locking tab that goes into a slot in the mag well. It appears that the brace/tailhook bows out which would likely prevent the stock from getting close enough to the receiver for the tab to engage with the locking port. Just speculating
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am a little concerned with the disclaimer on DTs website that mentions it doesn't lock in the forward position. I just ordered my GHM9 and should be picking up tomorrow. I think I may try Tech Smith Manufacturing's option if this is the case. It has solid reviews from what I have seen on their page.
View Quote
Quoted:
I haven't physically seen either of the braces in person. I do have several of the stocks. The stocks fold right next to/touch the receiver with a locking tab that goes into a slot in the mag well. It appears that the brace/tailhook bows out which would likely prevent the stock from getting close enough to the receiver for the tab to engage with the locking port. Just speculating
View Quote
I just got my order from Techsmith and will be installing it tonight.  I will offer my feedback after install.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, just installed mine on my GHM9 and fit is spot on!  I lucked out on my install, it locked on to the receiver like it was meant to be.  The folding mechanism is nice and smooth.  The install was super easy.  I definitely think this is an excellent brace for our B&T pistol while we wait for tax stamp!  Or, just stay with the brace.  I for one love SBR's so this is temporary alternative while I'm waiting on my Form 1.

My 2 cents!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Any idea when the telescoping stock will be available for purchase? I'm thinking about picking one of these up over an MPX now. That stock is awesome!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Just came home with one.

I need to figure out how to get that collapsing tailhook brace.

ETA: $$$
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Picked mine up and tried it at home with hollowpoints right away just to see if they would feed. No go...not a single one would feed. I have an email out to B&T US to see what they say. Will update when I hear back.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Per B&T the updated ones won't ship until after SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Picked mine up and tried it at home with hollowpoints right away just to see if they would feed. No go...not a single one would feed. I have an email out to B&T US to see what they say. Will update when I hear back.
View Quote
@FAL please do, I'm interested to hear if this is an easy fix with a part they send you, or will require sending the gun back.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Strange that the KH9 does not have issues with hollow point Ammo. After reading this thread I cycled a few mags thru my KH9 and had no issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
New "old" stock maybe?  They address this in the MAC review and claim that the update has already been put in place, the GHM9 they're reviewing has no issues with HP ammo.  The video was posted Jan 9.

[youtube]BnEk9PkMu84?t=9m45s[/youtube]

9:45 in the video if the embed starts from the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine won't feed HST's. Ran great with FMJ.

Guess it will be taking a trip to B&T.

Cant wait to get the collapsible brace on this thing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:They address this in the MAC review and claim that the update has already been put in place, the GHM9 they're reviewing has no issues with HP ammo.
View Quote
I have no doubt the one he received was updated, but Tim from B&T said in the Vickers B&T SHOT video that the updated guns would ship after SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Wont feed my truncated flat point handloads. I knew better to even try hp's
It did feed wwb. Even the occaisonal weak rounds.
Its really awkward trying to hold it up and use the sights so i started hip shooting and was getting decent groups.
Supposedly theres a fix for the hp issue and new units will feed hp
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/Ml6LldE.jpg
Wont feed my truncated flat point handloads. I knew better to even try hp's
It did feed wwb. Even the occaisonal weak rounds.
Its really awkward trying to hold it up and use the sights so i started hip shooting and was getting decent groups.
Supposedly theres a fix for the hp issue and new units will feed hp
View Quote
Put a Techsmith brace on it along with a tailhook and you will love it!  I personally don't want to waste HP ammo when shooting this baby at the range so that subject to me is a moot point.  I can see concerns on using HP ammo if one plans to use this platform as a home defense gun, but for me I have other platforms for home defense duty!

Regardless of the issue on ammo, the B&T lineup of guns is one of the best firearms that I own and would not think twice on getting another B&T firearm.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I spoke to someone at B&T USA and he basically said they are in the process of figuring out a return system to put in an updated feed ramp which will feed HP's.

He told me to give them a call back next week and they should have more information about the return process and what not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I spoke to someone at B&T USA and he basically said they are in the process of figuring out a return system to put in an updated feed ramp which will feed HP's.

He told me to give them a call back next week and they should have more information about the return process and what not.
View Quote
Cool. That may explain why I haven't heard from them yet. I'll try again next week.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I can confirm the GHM9 I just received won't feed HPs. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case since I know Atlantic had just gotten the batch I ordered from. I'm wondering how the one reviewed on the MAC seemed to be updated. They claimed it wasn't a special one sent just to them, but that B&T had already addressed the issue with their current stock.

Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's some answer for ya'll!

B&T
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here's some answer for ya'll!

B&T
View Quote
Looks like they made a copy of the XCR.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
So I called and spoke with someone today. She said that they will have a program to deal with this in March, and that it will include a "gunsmithing" charge for the upgrade, anticipated to be around $50. She said that the Gen2 guns have gone up in price so we shouldn't feel penalized for having a Gen1. Not sure how I feel about how they're handling this whole thing but I do want my gun to feed HPs so I will have the work done when they contact me.

I provided her with my contact info and she said they will contact me when the program is ready in March.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So I called and spoke with someone today. She said that they will have a program to deal with this in March, and that it will include a "gunsmithing" charge for the upgrade, anticipated to be around $50. She said that the Gen2 guns have gone up in price so we shouldn't feel penalized for having a Gen1. Not sure how I feel about how they're handling this whole thing but I do want my gun to feed HPs so I will have the work done when they contact me.

I provided her with my contact info and she said they will contact me when the program is ready in March.
View Quote
@FAL thank you for updating us!  Did they relay if there were any other differences between Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@FAL thank you for updating us!  Did they relay if there were any other differences between Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns?  Thanks!
View Quote
No, but I didn't ask. I got the impression that this is only to deal with the feeding issue.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No, but I didn't ask. I got the impression that this is only to deal with the feeding issue.
View Quote
Cool, thanks man!
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Did the chic at B&T say how much the Gen2's have gone up in price?  Wondering if it's worth it to spring the difference for a KH9?  I already have a P26 which runs great with a SiCo Hybrid, I've actually not shot it un-suppressed yet.  I probably ran close to 500 rounds suppressed through it without a single failure of any type, all ball ammo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Did the chic at B&T say how much the Gen2's have gone up in price?  Wondering if it's worth it to spring the difference for a KH9?  I already have a P26 which runs great with a SiCo Hybrid, I've actually not shot it un-suppressed yet.  I probably ran close to 500 rounds suppressed through it without a single failure of any type, all ball ammo.
View Quote
They are like $1300 or 1325 now it seems.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I confirmed with B&T that Gen 2 is the feedramp update, also known as "hollow point compatibility".  Cost will be around $50 to send the Gen 1 in for the upgrade starting in March.  That's the only difference.  So it's really the same thing.  Not sure when Gen 2 will be shipping.

Here is a pic (not mine) of the Gen 1 feedramp for documentation sake.  If anyone gets an updated ghm9, please post it here so we can compare.

Link Posted: 2/6/2018 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Just want to confirm the barrels have both the tri-lug and trreads?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just want to confirm the barrels have both the tri-lug and trreads?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:48:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Just an FYI, a 11mm ID x 1mm Viton oring does a good job of keeping the thread protector on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got the call today to send my upper in for the upgrade, including a $50 check for the "gunsmithing fee".  It will be going out tomorrow...
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#35]
As an update that may be helpful to others, here’s a comparison pic of a feedramp from a Gen 1 gun (no hollowpoints) vs a Gen 2 gun (hollowpoint compatible).

Gen 1

Gen 2
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top