Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2020 5:10:27 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has pics of a Mossberg 500 (or Maverick 88, anyone with the old style nut on the mag tube not the cap of the 590s) with the barrel just cut down even with the end of a standard 5-shot mag tube. Not the extra short mag of the Shockwaves. Preferably sporting a heatshield. Been wanting to do it to an old Mav. 88 I have sitting here collecting dust. Just want some inspiration.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Just search for 14" Mossberg 500 images. There are a bunch out there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Not to sound like a jerk. But I wouldn't waste a 200 dollar stamp on a mossberg 500. I'd at least get a 590 or an 870 so that i wouldn't have to worry about my nfa shotgun breaking and having to get it fixed. And thats coming from a guy that form 1s chinese solvent traps...
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
Not to sound like a jerk. But I wouldn't waste a 200 dollar stamp on a mossberg 500. I'd at least get a 590 or an 870 so that i wouldn't have to worry about my nfa shotgun breaking and having to get it fixed. And thats coming from a guy that form 1s chinese solvent traps...
View Quote

You break a lot of 500's? I sold hundreds over the years and can't remember any major problems. It's one of the most common shotguns out there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive fixed quite a few of them. Most have shit safeties that turn on when fired. Worst ones had the extractor pins walk out and eat the aluminum receiver.  

I don't recommend them to anyone when 590s and 870s are plentiful and cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top