Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2018 5:06:56 PM EDT
Like most of you, I carry a pistol at 3 o'clock. I absolutely hate it. The most accessible real estate on the belt gets taken up by a holster instead of an IFAK, FLIR scout, or other piece of equipment. That problem gave me the idea for what I guess you could call a "through the belt" holster.

What if you opened up the top of the padded belt enough to install a kydex holster and route the inner belt through it? The outer PALS webbing could take any pouches you wanted as long as it didn't interfere with your draw. I imagine it would be a pretty slick, low profile setup. You could even open the bottom of the outer belt up to accommodate a longer slide or mounted suppressor.

What do you think? I've never seen or heard of anything like it. Guess that could be a good or bad thing. No reason you couldn't also do the same thing at 9 o'clock. Imagine a belt system with a couple esstac KYWIs integrated into it for speed reloads. Does it have merit?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Good holsters are wide things. Even the GLS is fairly bulky. When you start to add things like the QLS system you find it really starts to get away from you. On the support side that sounds ptetty similar to just double stacking pouches, which i don't really do but it works for some people. I can't imagine putting something outside my gun, it just seems like asking for something to bind up my draw. All I run on most of my belts going counter clockwise is 2-3 pistol mags, one rifle mag, on some belts a dump pouch, IFAK, pistol, CAT TQ.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.amazon.com/Rodut-TM-Tactical-Military-Multicam/dp/B01CO5YWYS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1539122232&sr=8-7&keywords=battle+belt

Yep. Replace the cheap inner belt with something better. Buy a Safariland quarter drop holster for whatever your fancy is.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Stacking a first aid kit or a FLIR on top of a pistol, holster, & Molle Belt? What part of any of that is low profile?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Wear your IFAK on the back of your belt where it belongs and is easiest to reach with either hand.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, so far I really like my TAG padded war belt sleeve with a LAPG Fusion cobra buckle belt inside it.

I wear my pistola at 3 o’clock and have no plans to change that.

I would think mounting something above/over my pistol holster could interfere with or impede draw and that’s not something you want.

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top